If BuzzFeed was to launch a food vertical (that happened today!) this badge had to exist.
Now it does.
So you need something to give it to! Luckily it’s National Chicken Cacciatore Day, so let’s talk about that. Cacciatore sounds a little lame because traditionally it’s chicken, and it’s Italian, and if you’re going to eat Italian food, let’s be real, there’s pasta. But cacciatore is actually a delicious preparation for chicken because the meat is braised with all these flavors and you can throw in wine and basically whatever you want.
Here are a few recipes to try — from basic to high brow. And here’s what you’ll notice they all have in common:
1. Cut up pieces of bone-in chicken are seared in hot oil, then removed from the pan.
2. Then you’ll dump into that same pan some combination of aromatics — onion, garlic, maybe even some bacon, and let that cook a bit.
3. Then you add liquid for flavor — usually red wine — scrape the brown stuff off the bottom of the pan and let it all simmer.
4. Then come in the tomatoes. Simmer to thicken.
5. Add the chicken back in and put it in the oven
6. Simmer gently.
7. Top with basil.
And let’s not forget this is still Italian food, so you can serve it with pasta on the side.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump that his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- A Kansas man shot three people after allegedly yelling "get out of my country." He believed two of the victims were Middle Eastern, however they were not.
- The substance used to assassinate the half-brother of North Korea's leader has been identified as VX nerve agent., a chemical listed as a weapon of mass destruction.
- Recreational marijuana needs "greater enforcement" of federal law, said Spicer, pitting the White House against eight states that legalized its use.