61 Photos Of Cronut™ Imposters That Look Delicious
I will not insult your intelligence by explaining what a cronut is. Their creator, Dominique Ansel, must vacillate between flattery and rage every single day.
First of all, this is hilarious:
1. The cronut at Dolce Latte bakery in the Philippines
2. The "Donut Croissant" at Dunkin' Donuts in the Philippines
3. The cronut at Wildflour bakery in the Philippines
4. The cronut at Le Coeur de France bakery in the Philippines
5. The Croissant Doughnut at Banderole bakery chain in Japan
6. Crodo at Da Paolo Gastronomia in Singapore
7. New York Pie Donuts at a Dunkin' Donuts in South Korea
8. The cronuts at Swissbeck bakery in Hong Kong
9. The cronuts at Café Mozu at Lebua, a hotel in Bangkok
10. Cronuts from a Bali catering company
11. The Dossant at MoVida bakery in Melbourne, Australia
12. Zonuts at Adriano Zumbo Patissier in Sydney, Australia
13. Cronuts at Jenny's Bakery in Adelaide, Australia
14. Crodough at The Rinkoff in London
15. Cronuts at The Cake Shop in Woodbridge, England
16. Croissnut at Maritime Pasty Company in Halifax, Canada
17. The Crookie at Toronto's Clafouti Patisserie et Cafe
18. Pillsbury's Salted Caramel Crescent Doughnuts
19. Cronuts by BuzzFeed/Food52
20. The Doughssants at Cake Hag bakery in Atlanta
21. The Broadmoor Donut in Colorado Springs, Colo.
22. The Doissant at Chocolate Crust in Washington, D.C.
23. Doughssants at Spudnuts in Los Angeles
24. Crullant at Semi Sweet Bakery in Los Angeles
25. Dossants at Circle City Sweets in Indianapolis, Indiana
26. Cronots made by pastry chef Roxana Jullapat of Cooks County in L.A.
27. "Squats" at Le Petit Bakery in Fort Greene, Brooklyn
28. Cronuts at Chicago bakery Glazed and Infused
29. Doughssants at Chicago's West Town Bakery
30. Crognets at Chicago bakery La Boulangerie
31. Kronut at Chicago's Alliance bakery
32. DKronuts at DK's in Los Angeles
33. Cronuts at Pastisseria Lleonart in Sant Celoni, Spain
34. Croughnuts at Savor catering in Newport, Kentucky
35. Doughsants at The Sweetest Things, Mount Adams, Cincinnati.
36. Doughsants at Holtman's Donuts, Loveland, Ohio
37. The Sconut at The Cheese Emporium & Cafe by Bruce & Son in Greenport, New York
38. Doissants at Swiss Pastry Shop in Fort Worth, Texas
39. The Cray-nut at Azúcar bakery in San Diego
40. Kronut Krullers at Red the Steakhouse, Boca Raton and Miami Beach, Fla.
41. Doughsánts at Oakmont Bakery in Oakmont, Penn.
42. Croissant Donuts at Gregory's Coffee in New York City
43. Croughnuts at Gür Sweets Bakery, Elmhurst, Ill.
44. Cr-oh!-nut holes in Southern California
45. French Donuts at Mille Feuille in NYC
46. Dossants at Chicago Pastry in Bloomingdale, Ill.
47. Dossants at Pena's Donut Heaven & Grill in Pearland, Texas
48. FauxCronuts on sale on Craigslist Miami
49. Cro-Not at The Gallows in Boston, Mass.
50. Dough'Ssants at Dessert Club, ChikaLicious in NYC
51. One Of Those at Lulu's Bread & Breakfast, Las Vegas, Nevada
52. Cro-Bars at Donut Bar in San Diego, Calif.
53. Croissant Donuts at California Donuts in L.A.
54. "You Know What These Are" at Uptown Market in Jacksonville, Fla.
55. Dossants at The Herb Box in Scottsdale, Ariz.
56. Doughssants at Nadoz Cafe in St. Louis, Mo.
57. Croi-Nuts at Gertrude's in Baltimore
58. Dossants at Sportello in Boston, Mass.
59. New Yorkers at Sugar Twist in Bakersfield, CA
60. Doughssants at Glazed Donut Shop in Amherst, Mass.
61. GuavaSsant at Piquant in Tampa Bay Florida
Meanwhile, two months ago:
BTW: I know it my heart of hearts that there are more than 100 cronut imposters out there and it was my hope to find them all because I am obsessed with them, but I have to go make other posts now, so please share a link if you know of any. — Emily
CORRECTION: Kouign amann is a Breton cake dating back to the 1800s. An earlier version of this item listed Kouign amann as a cronut imposter even though the author Emily Fleischaker should have known that it wasn't but unfortunately she is an idiot sometimes. (3/6/13)