Some of these might call for electricity in one for or another, but when they do it is not essential. They are meant to be used as inspiration. BuzzFeed Food will continue to update this with more ideas as long as we have a working web connection. Good luck storm cooks!
1. Avocado-Coleslaw Open-Face Sandwich
Make a quick coleslaw by combining cabbage with mayo, vinegar, sugar and salt. Pile on a bagel or english muffin and top with avocado.
4. Raw Tuscan Kale Salad
Serve this with an egg salad sandwich to round out the meal. Like the pasta tip above, it’s a good idea to hard-boil half a dozen or a dozen eggs to have on hand if you’re concerned about losing the ability to boil water.
- The suspect wanted for killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Year's Day has been captured, Turkish media report.
- At least 40 Democrats are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Prime Minister Theresa May will set out a "hard Brexit" plan during a speech about Britain leaving the European Union.
- Spencer's Gifts is getting flooded with criticism for selling "Grab America By The Pussy" shirts, which many say normalizes sexual assault.