1. This is Central Park at 2pm today as NYC prepares to receive Hurricane Sandy. Obviously the park is closed.
2. But stand there for a minute or two and a runner will pass by.
3. Actually, a lot of runners.
4. One can only assume that these runners thought the park would be open.
5. And they were determined to squeeze in a little exercise.
6. You have to admire their dedication.
7. Many of them were even in shorts.
8. New Yorkers are so awesome.
10. Some of them were in those crazy barefoot running shoes.
11. Likewise, this is the Hudson River Park at 59th Street.
12. Obviously it is also closed.
13. But this is stopping no one.
14. New Yorkers are determined to exercise.
15. Hurricane Sandy or not.
16. Luckily the policemen think it’s hilarious.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.