1. You're constantly hiding your computer screen from your friends and family.
2. And found out the hard way how dangerous it is to read fanfiction on your phone in public.
3. Everybody thinks you only write/read smut.
4. When in fact you write/read PLOT INTENSIVE smut.
5. It takes forever to find The Perfect Fanfiction for your OTP.
6. And when you get to the best part, you realize it hasn't been updated since you were basically in MIDDLE SCHOOL.
7. Your other priorities usually take a backseat.
8. You don't have enough muscles in your face to cringe at new authors who put "A/N"s right in the middle of their chapters.
9. NaNoWriMo is hands down the most stressful month of the year.
10. You panic that one time every year that Fanfiction.net shuts down.
11. When you're one of the first ones in a new fandom, the lack of fanfiction for it is debilitating.
12. So you take it upon yourself to shoulder the burden of writing your own.
13. Good reviews are more potent than liquid crack.
14. But people are always asking things like, "Don't you want to write something you can actually get paid for?"
15. You have genuine trouble not looking at life through fanfiction goggles.
16. You keep thinking a day will come that you'll grow out of the fanficking habit.
17. But then the writers on your show do THAT THING to your faves, and you get sucked right back in again.
18. So you've pretty much resigned yourself to the fact that you will be a fanfiction addict forever.
19. Oh, and also? No matter what you do THE MARAUDERS WILL NEVER GET THEIR OWN MOVIE.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!