33 Products That Will, In The Words Of Demi Lovato, Keep You “Cool For The Summer”
If you're working from home, you'll have 👀 for this laptop cooling pad.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A bed-sized cooling bamboo blanket to keep your bedroom from accidentally becoming a DIY sauna in the summer — reviewers swear by this silky fabric for dealing with summer heat and hot flashes.
Promising review: "I was skeptical but thought it was worth a try as I wake up every night sweating and uncomfortable. I like more than a sheet on but was looking for something lightweight...this is it!!! I absolutely LOVE it. My only regret is that I didn't order this sooner. I have not had a hot flash since I ordered it. It's very soft and light and just perfect ♥" —Suzi
Get it from Amazon for $30.99 (available in three sizes and 12 colors).
2. A set of cooling towels that get *instantly* chilly when you soak them in water and wring them out — a godsend whether you're wearing one around your neck outside or need a quick way to cool down when you get back.
It also keeps its chill for hours and will immediately get chilly again when you soak it in water and repeat the process.
Promising review: "I purchased these cooling towels for a Disney family trip and I must say they work perfectly. It got so hot and they were so cool and comfortable my daughter didn't want to take hers off. After the park I would rinse them off and keep them a little damp then put them in a ziplock bag and put them in the freezer. By the next day while at Disney it would just put them under my kids stroller and by the time we were ready to use them I would take them out squeeze out any extra water and they were ready to go. Yes, it was that hot that they were ready to use after about two hours at the park. Would highly recommend this product." —Natasha Lovelace
Get a pack of four from Amazon for $17.99.
3. An internet-beloved time-marked water bottle because summer dehydration starts *before* your you realize it, y'all. This gives you a mindful way to avoid the problem before it kicks you in the butt.
Promising review: "I love the finish on the bottle! I hate holding wet water bottles and this does NOT sweat! It also holds two full bottles of 16.9-oz. packages water bottles so it’s very easy to get my full water intake on the go! Easy to carry, fits in my car's cup holders perfectly (not big at all like some water bottles). I got the ombré purple to teal and it’s very true to color. Easy to clean, wide enough for bottle brushes, and the straw stays put. I also love how I just push the little button by the mouthpiece and it just pops open quick for easy drinking (if you’re driving and don’t need to be messing around opening bottles😉). Highly recommend this water bottle. For the price, it’s amazing! Keeps my water cool for hours too." —Alicia
Get it on Amazon for $18.99 (available in 17 colors).
4. An ultra-cooling bamboo fabric sleep set for anyone who is sick of waking up in the middle of the night feeling like a human furnace.
Promising review: "I will never buy another pair of warm weather PJs again other than these. I am a thirtysomething post-baby lady, and with my hormones paired with living in Arizona, I needed PJs that were cool and comfortable. But I often found that the fabric of other PJs would rapidly get worn, pilled, and rough. These silky soft PJs have been going strong for months now through countless hot flashes and heat waves when it would get into the 80s in our bedroom. If you are a hot-blooded person and need to cool down, I can't recommend these PJs enough. I literally never leave reviews but felt compelled to preach to others the good word of Latuza's PJs." —Margery
Get it from Amazon for $21.99+ (available in women's sizes S-4X and 10 colors).
5. A high ponytail running cap with UPF 50 protection so you can maintain your preferred hairstyle while still keeping the sun and sweat out of your eyes. This particular design even comes with two openings in the back for a high *or* mid-pony.
Vimhue is an Arizona-based, women-owned small business that specializes in uniquely engineered running hats.
Promising review: "Weather was warm enough to wear my new hat on a run over the weekend. There was rain in the forecast so I thought it would be the perfect time to test it out. It was so great!! I cannot express how much I LOVE being able to run with my hair in a high pony like I prefer. I absolutely love the deep sea color and it matched my running shoes which made me extra happy. I think my running club friends may be future customers now that they've seen mine." —Christina Garcia
6. A reliable tabletop fan to let a ~cool breeze~ into your space without breaking the bank. Reviewers also love it for the consistent white noise-esque sound it makes, which is particularly nice if you want something to help you sleep or maintain focus while you're working from home.
Promising review: "It seems weird to say about a fan, but this is probably one of my favorite purchases ever. A family member had one and I immediately purchased my own. It’s very durable and well-made (could withstand a fall from a dresser), perfect size for a tabletop and easily fits on a closet shelf or in a cabinet. I’ve slept with it on high every night for over a year and not had any issues whatsoever. It blocks out light noise while I’m sleeping and cools my room down the perfect amount. It’s also super easy to throw in the car and take with me on trips." —Allison
Get it from Amazon for $23.99.
7. Or a hands-free portable neck fan you can charge with a USB and take wherever you roam, because you know what?? Staying cool is the new fashion and fans are the hottest accessory.
It has three speeds to choose from and also lights up, making you more visible at night. Reviewers note that you should definitely put your hair in a ponytail (but that it's easy to unsnag if it gets caught).
Promising review: "This neck fan is really lightweight and fashionable design. And I'm happy with the powerful airflow, good solution to keeping cool. The mini neck fan can be adjusted between three speed modes: low, medium and high, depending on your needs. Easy to fit in any backpack, also it can be placed on the table as a desk fan. A very nice product." —Ashley
Get it from Amazon for $14.99 (available in two colors).
8. A set of three lightweight racerback tanks with deep arm holes for extra breathability to make make errand running on especially hot days feel breezy as heck.
Psst to anyone breastfeeding — lots of reviewers mentioned that the deep sleeves in this also made it easier to breastfeed at home!
Promising review: "Wore one of the three shirts today for two workout videos. It is very light and airy, great for summer or indoor workouts. It feels very soft and love the big side cut outs. The colors are great, just like the pictures. Overall, I am very happy with this order and will most likely order the other colors." —R. Scott
Get a three-pack from Amazon for $21.24+ (available in 10 color combos and women's sizes XS-XL).
9. A cold brew coffee maker so gloriously easy to use that all you have to do is stick your favorite ground coffee in the filter, seal the airtight lid on top, and pop it in the fridge overnight. Boom, four cups of cold brew.
Promising review: "I wish I had found this iced coffee maker years ago. I live in Florida and the summers are extremely hot, so I like to drink iced coffee in the morning during the summer. I grind up coffee beans and fill the infuser with them, then just fill up the pitcher with filtered water and let it infuse over night. When I wake up in the morning I have excellent-tasting iced coffee and it makes my mornings quick, because all I have to do is pour it into a to go cup. I can usually get about five fills out of one pitcher. I absolutely love this device and will always have one now that I have found it. You do not need anything more expensive or complicated than this." —Ashley Bouchard
Get it from Amazon for $21.65.
10. Or for the more impatient among us, a HyperChiller that will transform any hot or room temperature beverage into an ice cold one in a literal minute, whether it's for iced coffee, a yummy cocktail, or just some rosé you were too lazy to put in the fridge. Presto, rosé-o.
Psst — people also use this for chilling coffee, rosé, and white wines without watering them down, if that also floats your summer boat.
Promising review: "This was a gift to me, so I wasn't sure what to expect from it. I've used it countless times to chill room temperature water (and occasionally coffee) and it works like a charm every time! This works better than I expected!" —CI
Get it from Amazon for $23.40 (available in three colors).
11. A slim, portable USB-powered laptop cooling fan so not only will it keep your laptop cool when it's Doing The Most, but it'll help combat some of the heat it ~emanates~ in your space.
Promising review: "Whisper quiet and gaming laptop is noticeably cooler. So on the weekends my son usually spends three or four hours per day straight gaming with his friends. He began to notice during the summer that his laptop was getting hot. To the point where he claimed it was making his room warmer...lol. Anyway feeling the laptop I could tell it was generating some heat. I bought this and installed it under his laptop and the machine stays pretty cool and his room is covered in this otherworldly glow, which he likes. 'It's the perfect mood lighting for gaming' he says. Unfortunately, now he plays longer because he doesn't need to worry about his laptop overheating. Well as long as he does his chores and keeps his grades up, I'm okay." —Taco
Get it from Amazon for $31.99.
12. A "sport-brella," which is an SPF 50+ maneuverable personal umbrella with a universal clamp that'll latch onto any chair you own. Boom, instant shade no matter where you've parked your human self, whether it's the porch, the beach, or the park.
Psst — a lot of reviewers swear by this for easy hands-free shade solutions for strollers and wheelchairs as well!
Promising review: "I love this! I brought it along for the Fourth of July Parade on a very hot day and attached it to my chair. Not only did it cool me off by about 30 degrees (I think it was close to 100 in the sun), but it ALSO could be all adjusted so the shade fell over me without all of the people walking back and forth on the sidewalk behind my chair constantly bumping into it (which would have happened with a big round umbrella). The clamp is very well made and clamped very securely to my chair with a minimum of effort." —Kindle Customer
Get it from Amazon for $23.49+ (available in two sizes and eight colors).
13. A trio of Mario Badescu facial sprays infused with cooling aloe and soothing scents that you'll be *especially* grateful to have on hand with all the summer dryness and potential sunburns headed your way.
The set comes with rosewater, green tea, and lavender sprays ✨.
Promising review: "My husband and I are both obsessed with these sprays! The rosewater is great to set your makeup and refresh throughout the day, green tea is great to spray on your face first thing in the morning to help wake you up, and I love using the lavender at night to wind down!" —NoleChick95
Get a set of three from Amazon for $21.
14. A ridiculously popular set of breathable, cooling bed sheets that have amassed over 80,000 5-star reviews (and come in so many colors you could build a rainbow).
Promising review: "Best sheets ever! Exceptionally soft and cozy. Slept in them during the heat of the summer and they keep you cool. Also slept in them during the cold winter months and you stay very warm with the addition of a comforter. Wash and dry is very quick. They come out of the dryer with no wrinkles!" —Gigi
Get it from Amazon for $27.99+ (available in seven sizes and 18 colors).
15. A reviewer-beloved pair of high-waisted biker shorts that will instantly become your summer uniform — these lightly compressive shorts are super breathable for summer exercising *and* chilling, plus are totally squat-proof, help prevent thigh chafing, and even have sneaky side pockets for your phone and accessories.
I bought these for running last year and I am SO MAD whenever they're in the wash that I just bought several more pairs for summer — the material is nice and thick, so I thought they'd overheat, but they actually stay lightweight and cooling even on my longest runs. It has just the right amount of compression for a workout, but not so much that they're uncomfy to wear casually, either.
Promising review: "Gone are the days of slathering Vaseline on my thighs before my long runs! These shorts don't slip down, they don't ride up, and they have pockets that actually fit my entire hand. I'm training for a summer race and these shorts seriously saved my life. Best running shorts by I've tried by far." —J. Madrian
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in women's sizes XS–3XL, three lengths, and in 44 colors).
16. A cooling band you can wear around your neck or forehead made with evaporative cooling crystals that stay cold for up to four hours in the heat (and make *quite* the fashion statement).
Promising review: "THIS IS A GREAT VALUE FOR A GOOD COOLING NECKTIE OR HEADBAND. It’s the very best price I could find anywhere!!! I’ve purchased over one dozen of these. They make wonderful gifts. My nearly 66-year-old husband has been working out in our sweltering Virginia heat and humidity every day. I bought these to help him cool down and feel better. I want him to be safe in the heat. These are wonderful cooling ties. I wear them as well and my grown daughters wear them cycling, hiking, tubing, and camping. They are easy to use and plump up just the right amount." —McSusie
Get it from Amazon for $2.09 (available individually or in packs of six, plus 10 patterns).
17. Or a chic cooling wrap headband for anyone who wants to take staying cool in the heat seriously while also amping up the cuteness of every summer 'fit.
Each set comes with two ice packs you can leave in the fridge to stay cold until use.
La Parea Wellness is a New Jersey-based, woman-owned Etsy shop established in 2016 that specializes in natural beauty and home decor products.
Promising review: "Works great with the icepacks. Also, the headband is adjustable and makes it easy to use. Fits perfectly with in my clutch with the icepacks!" —Etsy Customer
18. *OR* a nifty ventilated cooling cap with UPF 50 protection you can wear by itself or under a hat or helmet. It cools instantly when you get it wet, settling at 30 degrees below average body temperature in under 30 seconds.
19. A wintergreen lip balm to help prevent your lips from getting dry and chapped in the heat, and *also* give you some cooling relief to boot.
Mountainess Handmade is a Maine-based Etsy shop established in 2013 that specializes in skin care and candles.
Promising review: "Happy repeat buyer! I live in a desert so I need something that will really work in helping protect against the extreme heat, cold, and drying climate. I use these lip balms and I have my family using them, as well. We all love them! Thanks for making such a wonderful product. :)" —inCandysCorner
20. A set of popular moisture-wicking exercise socks to keep your feet cool and help prevent blisters on long, sweaty days in the heat.
I've had a set of these since April 2020 and not only have they held up for a year, but they have kept my VERY blister- and chafing-prone feet snug and moisture-wicked since the day I got them. I bought two more packs of them over 2020 and they've essentially phased out any of my other socks, because they're extremely comfortable to boot. As a runner who clocks in 40+ miles a week and often in some "yikes!" summer heat, I cannot recommend these socks enough.
Promising review: "Great running socks! I got these for the tab in the back that fits high enough in my running shoes to eliminate blisters. These definitely handle moisture, even in the Florida heat." —Leslie Cornwall
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $14.95+ (available in four color combos and sizes S-L).
21. An insulated, self-adhesive weatherproofing strip that easily sticks to the outer rims of your door so you don't have to worry about the expensive AC air escaping out of your door.
Psst — this insulated strip also is also great for soundproofing your room/apartment!
Promising review: "Very strong adhesive holds in place. Very good draft/leak stopping. My door faces the breezeway and it tends to seep into the cracks and blows hot or cold air along the floor making it awful in the winter. This stopped that as soon as I put it on." —AYonko
Get it from Amazon for $7.97 (available in two colors).
22. A chic BruMate insulated can cooler so all your beloved White Claws, Red Bulls, and LaCroixs can stay cool as a cucumber in the sun, and you can enjoy them while taking your sweet time.
This fits a standard 12-ounce slim can, and was designed to still be able to fit in car cup holders. It'll keep drinks icy cold for several hours, and twenty times colder than a standard neoprene can cooler. Psst — you can check out the rest of BruMate's options for different-sized cans, wines, cocktails, and more.
Promising review: "Like to keep your beer cold? Get this. Slow drinker but don't want to let your friends on to how slow you're drinking? Get this. Want your White Claw/Truly to stay as cold as it was when you took it out of your fridge? Get this. I kid you not this thing keeps drinks cold like that's its job (because it is). Once I got mine and saw how effective it was, I decided all of my cold beverage loving friends and family will be getting one also. With most of my friends being Michelob Ultra and White Claw drinkers, this seems to be the perfect fit. So hard to find a can koozie that holds those slim cans! Love this product and definitely recommend!" —Brooke Stull
Get it from Amazon for $19.99 (available in 28 colors).
23. A set of breathable cooling pillow cases with two sides — one that's silky and ultra cooling, and other that's soft, comfy cotton, so you'll be grateful for it not just in the summer, but all year long.
Promising review: "I live in the desert and let's be honest — summer is already here!! So I changed my entire bed setup with the goal of getting something much fresher to avoid running my AC all day and night (SINCE THAT'S ALL I COULD DO — STAY HOME). These pillows are just right, exactly what I needed for summer! They are cool to the touch and they do help you stay fresh!! I so appreciate the coldness and I'm glad i purchased them! The timing was right with these!! LOVE!" —Sassy
Get it from Amazon for $17.89+ (clip the $8 off coupon on the product page for this price; available in standard and queen sizes).
24. Plus a set of satin pillowcases that not only have a cooling effect, but are soft on your skin and create less friction for your hair so it won't get as tangled while you sleep.
Promising review: "Beautiful cases for a super low cost! I was surprised with the quality and how I've snagged them a couple times with a nail, and my son too, and look at the case in panic like on no it's going to be shredded but no! They are super soft on our skin and it's true to what they advertise, they have a cooling effect to sleep on, especially when it's summer and hot. I wake up and my hair is still the same as when I went to sleep and soft as ever. I used to wake up and my hair would be all over the place because I toss and turn a lot, and it would be rough and tangled. I think it's really been helping my skin too. I noticed my eyelashes aren't smashed and turned different ways now and think it's due to this pillow!" —Kaybellabambina
Get a set of two from Amazon for $9.99 (available in seven colors and three sizes).
25. A statement-making visor to keep your face cool and out of the heat of the unrelenting afternoon sun.
Promising review: "I'm not a hat person but shading my face from the sun as I get older has become more important than being fashionable. I was shocked when I put the hat on and LOVED it immediately. I've never loved a hat on me before. I think it not only looks good with my hair up or down but is super comfortable with the adjustable Velcro closure AND shades my whole face including my ears!! I couldn't ask for more. Absolutely would recommend this hat if you are looking for good face protection from the blazing sun." —Kelliar
Get it from Amazon for $17.99 (available in four colors).
26. Or a wide-brimmed UV protective safari hat with mesh vents and a built-in moisture wicking sweatband that will keep your head breezy and your cheeks in the shade. You can even get it in a style that offers a ponytail hole in the back!
Promising review: "Best field hat ever! Been wearing these hats for years now. I am a desert wildlife biologist and spend my life in the unforgiving, blazing sun. This hat provides the most sun protection of any style. PERIOD. Keeps my shoulders, back of neck and face shaded. Cannot live without this hat. Bought these two to replace my old, worn ones. Will be using on my upcoming African safari." —amy anderson
Get it from Amazon for $12.99+ (available in eight styles).
27. A cooling herbal therapy body butter made with aloe vera, shea butter, and raw unrefined coconut oil that reviewers swear by for everything from staying cool in the heat to muscle ache relief to relaxing before bed.
Skin Foodie is an Ohio-based Etsy shop established in 2014 that specializes in sustainably sourced, fair trade, and organic skincare.
Promising review: "Love the creamy, foamy-ish texture (In my opinion). I purchased Herbal Therapy. It has a relaxing peppermint scent. Received compliments on how soft and silky my skin feels. The peppermint feels cool and stays on in the hot humid Miami weather. Thank you for your product." —Lourdes Rodriguez
28. A lightweight heating and cooling gel eye mask wrapped in silk to help cool you down at night *and* help get you relief from itchy summer allergies.
To cool the mask, you can leave it in the freezer; to warm it up you can leave it in warm water for a few minutes. You can even take the fabric off the gel mask to use it separately.
Promising review: "This is the perfect mask for anyone who has problems with stress, headaches, or allergies (like me!). I have not yet tried heating the gel mask (being I am in South Carolina... LOL!), but I think I am addicted to the cool therapy mask and the night mask. My preference? I use them separately. I use the cool mask in the morning when I get up, and before I go to sleep. If my eyes give me extra trouble due to allergies or any other issues, I may add an extra time in the midday." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $11.99 (available in four colors).
29. A teensy electric ice cream maker to give you all the joy of home! made! ice cream!! without the veritable nightmare of trying to figure out how to shove a hulking container in your freezer.
Promising review: "Convenient size to snuggle into even a VERY crowded freezer. I use Greek yogurt as my base for everything I've tried so far. Mix in some blended fruit (maybe a bit of honey, if necessary) and put the mix in the freezer for about 45–60 minutes to get it well-chilled. Stir out any lumps and pour into the frozen mixer. WRAP the mixer in dishtowel to keep it cold a bit longer (and tamper the bit of noise that some reviewers are complaining about), and then start the beater for about 7–8 minutes. You'll hear the motor start to strain when the bottom of the mix starts freezing hard, and at that point I turn it off (don't want to overwork the motor). Take that long spoon, stir up your creation and enjoy! This may sound like a lot of trouble, but besides being a good little dessert (or snack) I think it's a great alternative to making simple smoothies in my Vitamix! AND it's a real 'breakfast treat on hot summer mornings. " —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.
30. A facial ice roller you can stash in the fridge or freezer, then pull out whenever you want to take your face for a ~chill~ ride after spending time basking in the heat.
Reviewers also swear by this for puffiness and migraines, so it's multitalented.
Promising review: "I was skeptical about this product. I wasn't sure how it was much different than rolling any other frozen thing on your body. I'm beyond pleasantly surprised. I've used it for sinus pain, migraines, swollen neck glands, under-eye circles/bags, inflamed acne, TMJ pain, etc. Not to mention, when I used it on my face, it leaves my skin feeling tight and wakes me up in the mornings. It also stays cold for forever but never sweats or leaves water behind. It's like magic. I also bought one for my mom who suffers from nerve damage in her arms and legs. I think it'll really help when she has bad pain days." —Jessica McRee
Get it from Amazon for $12.99+ (available in eight colors).
31. A family-friendly backyard sprinkler for some summer water park shenanigans in the comfort of your own home.
Promising review: "My kids have found a new favorite way to cool down on these hot summer days. The set up was very easy, all I had to do was take it out of the box, unfold it, connect the hose and the fun began, there is no inflation needed, the water fills up the rim around the splash pad, and then the water comes out like a sprinkler around the rim through the holes. This is small enough and easy to store, yet big enough for my 2- and 4-year-olds to play in and have enough fun for hours all while cooling down from the heat. I am hoping this splash pad with be durable enough to last through the summer." —Danielle
Get it from Amazon for $29.99.
32. A handy Gym Bib, which is essentially what happens when a sweat towel and a bandana have an extremely convenient baby. This stays locked in place so you don't have to worry about it falling on the ground (or worse, getting mixed up with someone else's 😬).
33. A pet cooling mat for cats and doggos that stays between 5 and 10 degrees cooler than the room, without ever needing to be refrigerated.
Promising review: "My cats and I love it! I was able to leave home knowing they have a cooling area they can use. With no AC in my house, the heat this summer was unbearable. I like that it cools to the touch and no freezing is necessary. So far no rips on it and haven't seen any other damage from the cats. At first my cats were apprehensive but quickly learned how 'cool' this is...hehe." —onesiecat
Get it from Amazon for $39.97 (available in four colors).