We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A hands-free portable neck fan you can charge with a USB and take wherever you roam, because you know what?? Staying cool is the new fashion and fans are the hottest accessory.
It has three speeds to choose from and also lights up, making you more visible at night. Reviewers note that you should definitely put your hair in a ponytail (but that it's easy to unsnag if it gets caught).
Promising review: "Best thing I’ve bought in a very long time!! Living in Texas means HOT summers and I hate always being so sweaty! This fan is a lifesaver and everyone that’s seen me with it has asked to try it and loved it. Buying a second one today 👌🏼" —Laura W.
Get it from Amazon for $13.99+ (available in six colors).
2. A ridiculously popular set of breathable, cooling bed sheets that have amassed over 88,000 5-star reviews, a lot of which are from reviewers who finally found relief from sleeping in hot and humid climates.
Promising review: "I bought two sets of the sheets, one in navy blue and one in white. I have had the most fun with interchanging the colors so it's really like I have three or four sets sheets. These sheets are just the best, they wash well don't wrinkle even after you slept on them and they just feels so great on the skin. I live in Florida and they are just the best weight ever for the hot humid nights down here, and even if it gets a little chilly with the AC on the body adjust to the cool air with the help of the sheets. I guarantee you won't be sorry that you purchased the sheets. They are reasonably priced — I'm sure there's better for several hundred dollars, but that's out of my budget. I highly recommend these for grandparents moms and dads kids and teens, they are just great!" —HarmonyLady
Get it from Amazon for $27.99+ (available in seven sizes and 18 colors).
3. Plus a bed-sized cooling bamboo blanket to keep your bedroom from accidentally becoming a DIY sauna in the summer — reviewers swear by this silky fabric for dealing with summer heat and hot flashes.
Promising review: "Yes! Yes! Yes! First off, I live in Arizona, the hot weather is brutal! But I am the type of person who likes to sleep under the covers but rather not sweat through the whole night. This blanket is light, soft and breathable! It was exactly what I was looking for! I recommend buying it." —Silvia
Get it from Amazon for $27.99+ (available in three sizes and 12 colors).
4. A handy as heck sunburn soother you'll probably want to stock up on *before* you or someone you love needs it — it's made with aloe and coconut oil to hydrate skin and gently relieve pain from the sun's unforgiving rays within just a few hours.
Psst — a lot of reviewers mentioned this also helped prevent peeling and itching!
Promising review: "I’ve been using this product for years now. My first trip to Costa Rica I had it and trust me when I tell you it’s saved my life. I live in Florida now and I never go anywhere without it. After any time in the sun you can use this and you can believe that your skin will be nourished and moisturized it will not hurt and your skin will not peel if used properly. I said your skin will not peel. I love this product for it." —Kenneth
Get it from Amazon for $7.69.
5. A set of three lightweight racerback tanks with deep arm holes for extra breathability to make make errand running on especially hot days feel breezy as heck.
Psst to anyone breastfeeding — lots of reviewers mentioned that the deep sleeves in this also made it easier to breastfeed at home!
Promising review: "I LOVE these shirts. I live in Arizona, where it is hot 50% of the year, and these are so nice and breezy! Great for working out and great for breastfeeding! I love that they’re dual purpose for me. I went hiking with one on and my friend liked it so much on me that she purchased some herself!" —Elizabeth
Get a three-pack from Amazon for $23.99+ (available in 10 color combos and women's sizes XS–XL).
6. A set of cooling towels that get *instantly* chilly when you soak them in water and wring them out — a godsend whether you're wearing one around your neck outside or need a quick way to cool down when you get back.
It also keeps its chill for hours and will immediately get chilly again when you soak it in water and repeat the process.
Promising review: "It gets to be over 100 degrees in the summer where I live. These come in handy when working in the yard, at the beach or even at the county fair when it's super hot. What a relief these are to use when the weather is hot. I've purchased these many times because I always seem to give them out especially to those that work outside in the heat (mail carrier, pool guy, landscaper...) and they are always very appreciative." —Realfoodmama
Get a pack of four from Amazon for $17.99.
7. A cold brew coffee maker so gloriously easy to use that all you have to do is stick your favorite ground coffee in the filter, seal the airtight lid on top, and pop it in the fridge overnight. Boom, 4 cups of cold brew so icy it'll intimidate the sun trying its best to roast you on your way out the door.
Promising review: "I wish I had found this iced coffee maker years ago. I live in Florida and the summers are extremely hot, so I like to drink iced coffee in the morning during the summer. I grind up coffee beans and fill the infuser with them, then just fill up the pitcher with filtered water and let it infuse over night. When I wake up in the morning I have excellent-tasting iced coffee and it makes my mornings quick, because all I have to do is pour it into a to go cup. I can usually get about five fills out of one pitcher. I absolutely love this device and will always have one now that I have found it. You do not need anything more expensive or complicated than this." —Ashley Bouchard
Get it from Amazon for $21.65.
8. Or for the more impatient among us, a HyperChiller that will transform any hot or room temperature beverage into an ice cold one in a literal minute, whether it's for iced coffee, a yummy cocktail, or just some rosé you were too lazy to put in the fridge. Presto, rosé-o.
Psst — people also use this for chilling coffee, rosé, and white wines without watering them down, if that also floats your summer boat.
Promising review: "I’m absolutely in love with the Hyperchiller!!!! I live in South Texas. It’s HOT and that makes it hard to enjoy my coffee in the morning. This little thing gives you iced coffee without watering it down!! There are three compartments- outer most compartment is where you put in water to freeze, middle is where the coffee is poured and then inner most compartment is more ice. When you’re ready for your coffee you pour it directly into the lid which goes into the center compartment. You can let it sit or swirl it around. And WHALAHH!!!! It’s honestly the coolest thing!!" —Staci Leitko
Get it from Amazon for $23.94 (available in three colors).
9. A high ponytail running cap with UPF 50 protection so you can maintain your preferred hairstyle while still keeping the sun and sweat out of your eyes. This particular design even comes with two openings in the back for a high *or* mid-pony.
Vimhue is an Arizona-based, women-owned small business that specializes in uniquely engineered running hats.
Promising review: "Amazing hat. Super comfortable, even in the high heat of AZ. I will definitely be getting more!" —Melodie Dies
*Another* promising review: "Love this hat so much! I already ordered another one in a different color for myself and one for a friend! I live in Texas near the Gulf and it’s summer — really humid and really hot. I walk 3 to 4 miles outside most days and I’d been wishing for a hat that allowed for a high ponytail so I could keep my hair off my neck to not get as hot/sweaty. Decided to Google it and found this and was thrilled! The X straps are easy to adjust and it fits great and is breathable. And it’s super cute!" —mlp06h
10. A set of stackable stick-shaped ice molds reviewers looooove because the ice is narrow enough to plop into their water bottles, whether they're using plain ice or juice as a flavor enhancer. Plus the shape is super fun to use to make chocolate sticks!
Promising review: "I got these to make ice cubes that I could fit into hot water bottles to make 'cold water bottles.' I'm in the big heat wave and it's been over 100 every day for the last week, with no sign of it letting up any time soon. These are quick and easy and the cold water bottles have been the only thing helping me sleep in a room anywhere between 80-90 degrees at night. I love the lids! It makes my ice trays easy to stack and more secure. I wish all ice trays came with lids like this!" —AJ Stark
Get a set of three from Amazon for $8.99.
11. Essence's Lash Princess mascara for ridiculously effective length that will stay the heck put in the summer heat, but still wash off easily with makeup remover at the end of the day.
Promising review: "I have been a mascara snob my entire adult life, and have been purchasing the same two brands for mascara. Then, I decided to get an inexpensive tube of mascara just to have in my emergency makeup back, and WOW was I surprised! One coat of this stuff is better than four or five coats of my other stuff. It isn't waterproof, so it comes off with just a makeup-removing facial cleanser or micellar water with no problem. It separates and lengthens my lashes. I have people stop and ask me ALL THE TIME what I do to my eyelashes to make them 'look like that.' Like... literally stopped in the middle of a sidewalk in downtown Tampa to ask about my eyelashes. And it really does stay in place, even without a setting spray, when most of the other makeup I use melts off. Seriously, let me put this in perspective: I live in Florida, and I wore this mascara to work every single day for the last year in the heat/humidity (including all through the summer) and they stayed on my lashes better than any other brand of mascara I've used. This is now officially turned into my go-to mascara!" —Kate
Check out BuzzFeed's review of Essence's Lash Princess Mascara for more deets!
Get it from Amazon for $4.99.
12. A "sport-brella," which is an SPF 50+ maneuverable personal umbrella with a universal clamp that'll latch onto any chair you own. Boom, instant shade no matter where you've parked your human self, whether it's the porch, the beach, or the park.
Psst — a lot of reviewers swear by this for easy hands-free shade solutions for strollers and wheelchairs as well!
Promising review: "I live in Florida and have two children in sports that I spend countless hours going to practice and games in the hot summer sun... I quickly learned to get a clip-on fan and umbrella to help stay cool, but the small sporting goods store umbrellas only ever seem to work if the sun is directly over your head, not coming from the side, or roasting your back or neck. Finding this Sport-Brella was like a gift from above. It is bigger, blocks more sun, and most importantly, can be adjusted into all kinds of angles to block the sun from whatever direction it comes from. It is also more durable than previous sport umbrellas I've used in the past. I'm sold on this... it costs a little more, but well worth the investment if you need to spend a lot of time at games and practice." —Wolfshanze
Get it from Amazon for $27.99+ (available in two sizes and eight colors).
13. A family-friendly backyard sprinkler for some summer water park shenanigans in the comfort of your own home.
Promising review: "My 2-year-old and 10-year-old kids and 32-year-old husband love it. Super easy to put together. Great for easy cool down in the back for those without a pool. Florida living here, so water is a must in summer. Has held up very well in terms of durability. Left it out for a few days, even through midday Fl tsunami, and it still worked great." —Deja T.
Get it from Amazon for $16.99.
14. A set of breathable cooling pillow cases with two sides — one that's silky and ultra cooling, and other that's soft, comfy cotton, so you'll be grateful for it not just in the summer, but all year long.
Promising review: "I live in the desert and let's be honest — summer is already here!! So I changed my entire bed setup with the goal of getting something much fresher to avoid running my AC all day and night (SINCE THAT'S ALL I COULD DO — STAY HOME). These pillows are just right, exactly what I needed for summer! They are cool to the touch and they do help you stay fresh!! I so appreciate the coldness and I'm glad i purchased them! The timing was right with these!! LOVE!" —Sassy
Get it from Amazon for $25.89+ (clip the $8 off coupon on the product page for this price; available in standard and queen sizes).
15. Or a set of satin pillowcases that not only have a cooling effect, but are soft on your skin and create less friction for your hair so it won't get as tangled while you sleep.
Promising review: "I've been using these pillowcases for about a week now and I have to say that they have really seemed to help my hair not be so frizzy when I wake up! I live in a hot and humid climate and my hair normally just makes my life awful this time of year (summer). I have been trying a couple of new things to help my hair, like using Moroccan Oil on the ends and these pillowcases and it's really a lot better. I also feel better about sleeping on my side now and don't worry so much that I'm creating wrinkles. I would definitely buy these again and recommend them!" —R. Spann
Get a set of two from Amazon for $9.99 (available in seven colors and three sizes).
16. A set of backseat car fans so the crowd of kiddos and pets in the back don't have to wait for the AC up front to kick in on especially hot days — this will quickly tide them over so nobody's kicking the seat and asking to crank up the air, please.
Promising review: "Perfect for children and pets! I have this hooked up in my 2016 Chevy Cruze. The plug in part is long enough to be hidden along my seats and plugged in to the outlet. I love the fact that I can manually control the speed of the fans right at my finger tips. This is perfect for any smaller car or SUV that doesn’t have AC flow to the back. We live in the south and it gets extremely hot in the backseat, so it’s takes awhile to cool down. I highly recommend this!" —Alexandria
Get them from Amazon for $29.99.
17. A pair of popular quick-dry water shoes that reviewers love for a lightweight, protective option for walking on super hot surfaces like sand and cement in the summer. They're also so versatile you can wear 'em anywhere from rockier beaches to kayaking to washing your car.
Promising review: "Water sports shoes save the bottom of my feet from being torn up by the pebble tech on the floor of my pool. It also protects feet from the intense Arizona heat on pool decks (yes, even pool decks get extremely hot in Arizona). I will definitely wear them when at the beach — walking on sand and in the ocean." —noslip
Get it from Amazon for $8.68+ (available in seven sizes and 44 colors).
18. A wintergreen lip balm to help prevent your lips from getting dry and chapped in the heat, and *also* give you some cooling relief to boot.
Mountainess Handmade is a Maine-based Etsy shop established in 2013 that specializes in skin care and candles.
Promising review: "Happy repeat buyer! I live in a desert so I need something that will really work in helping protect against the extreme heat, cold, and drying climate. I use these lip balms and I have my family using them, as well. We all love them! Thanks for making such a wonderful product. :)" —inCandysCorner
19. A facial ice roller you can stash in the fridge or freezer, then pull out whenever you want to take your face for a ~chill~ ride after spending time in the heat.
Reviewers also swear by this for puffiness and migraines, so it's multitalented.
Promising review: "Well made for the price. I find it’s helpful in the morning for puffy eyes. It’s great to use after a workout in sunny Florida. I use it to cool down and reduce redness after exercising." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $12.99+ (available in eight colors).
20. A chic BruMate insulated can cooler so all your beloved White Claws, Red Bulls, and LaCroixes can stay cool as a cucumber in the sun, and you can enjoy them while taking your sweet time.
This fits a standard 12-ounce slim can, and was designed to still be able to fit in car cup holders. It'll keep drinks icy cold for several hours, and twenty times colder than a standard neoprene can cooler. Psst — you can check out the rest of BruMate's options for different-sized cans, wines, cocktails, and more.
Promising review: "I ordered two, one for myself and one for my husband. I've got to say these are an absolutely amazing product. We live in Southwest Florida (it ALWAYS HOTT 🔥). So needless to say having a coolie that actually keeps our drinks COLD, is truly awesome! We absolutely LOVE them. Not only do they keep your drink very cold, they keep them cold for hours. I accidentally left my drink in the car (our very black car) on a day that was pushing just over 98°-not including the 'feels like' temp. When I got back to the car, about 1.5 hours later, drink was STILL VERY COLD! I was absolutely amazed! There isn't ever any condensation, it feels sturdy in your hand, not 'slippery,' and it it not bulky or awkward! Those are just a few of the reasons why I am ordering several more. If you're on the fence, BUY them. They pay for themselves over and over again!" —Kara Ohlsen
Get it from Amazon for $19.99 (available in 28 colors).
21. A Cooldri performance tank with UPF 50+ protection designed with a lightweight fabric both wicks away sweat and dries rapidly, making it the ideal summer go-to.
22. An internet-beloved time-marked water bottle because summer dehydration starts *before* your you realize it, y'all. This gives you a mindful way to avoid the problem before it kicks you in the butt.
23. A shampoo scalp massager you can use in the shower to massage and exfoliate your scalp, helping deep clean at the root from all the itch-inducing sweat and salt that accumulates when you're out in the heat. Psst — a lot of reviewers mention this has also helped with psoriasis, dandruff, and scalp tenderness!
I have one of these and WOWZA, it really helps you get extra mileage out of your shampoo. I have a whole lot of hair on my head so sometimes it's a struggle to feel like I've soaped up my whole scalp thorough, but this is a very effective way to spread out the suds and really get them to the roots. I was worried it might tangle in my hair, but it was totally fine on that front, too. I've noticed that my hair has been a little less greasy at the roots since I started using it. And I'm echoing a ton of reviewers here when I say it just feels reeeeeally, really nice.
Promising review: "I bought this item based on the reviews and needing something that would help with my itchy scalp. I tend to have a line on the back of my scalp where product builds up due to my thick hair and extreme Florida humidity. I've used this a few times now and I love the way it feels. It helps the shampoo really get into my scalp and I haven't had as much itching since I started." —Ashley R.
*Another* promising review: "I love this thing. I live in the desert and my scalp was always itchy and dry. Since day one, this thing eliminated the problem." —Asa K.
Get it from Amazon for $6.98+ (available in three colors).