31 Products People Who Exercise In The Heat Swear By
Including some affordable Lululemon dupes that will make your closet go 👀.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A pair of high-waisted quick-dry running shorts so lightweight that you might have to look down to make sure they're still on (PHEWPH). Not only do a lot of reviewers compare these to Lululemon, but they also feature a handy underwear liner and a sizable side pocket.
I recently bought these shorts because I'm in love with the similar ones you can get at Old Navy, but they sell out so fast. Turns out I love these even more! I love the huge arrange of colors you can buy these in (at other places they often sell out too quickly to get to pick!), love that the high-waistedness of them meets about where my running crop top ends so I don't have to get bonkers with sunscreen, and love love loooooove the side pocket for my keys or face mask. I only have them in purple so far, but I'm excited to try other colors!
Promising review: "These are so comfortable and fit true to size. The high waist is exactly what I was looking for. Perfect for summer workouts when it’s too hot for leggings. They let you move well too! They aren’t restricting." —Stephiet82
Get it from Amazon for $23.49+ (available in women's sizes XS–3XL and 19 colors).
2. A delightfully affordable, super lightweight UPF 50+ protective running hat for shielding your face from sunburns and keeping the sweat out of your unsuspecting eyeballs.
A lot of runners steer clear of hats because of the whole "you lose the most heat through your head" thing, but that's actually a myth! Plus this hat has bonus reflective edges for higher visibility and folds neatly, making it super packable for running adventures. Go live your hat-filled dreams.
Promising review: "I went on a run with this hat, and I was pleasantly surprised. It is very lightweight. The hat completely covers my head from the front and reaches around a low pony tail, which is why I love it. It is reflective too. The really cool part is how it folds. There are two creases on the bill, so it can completely fold up. And when you’re wearing the hat, the bill stays firm and in place. I was just trying to get a good price on a running hat, but I was pleasantly surprised by the high quality and features. I would recommend this hat. I’ll be getting another one for my friend." —Calista Brown
Get it from Amazon for $13.99 (available in seven colors).
3. Or a high ponytail running cap (that *also* has UPF 50 protection!) so you can maintain your preferred hairstyle while still keeping the sun and sweat out of your eyes. This particular design even comes with two openings in the back for a high *or* mid-pony.
Vimhue is an Arizona-based, woman-owned small business that specializes in uniquely engineered running hats.
Promising review: "Love it! Fun color, and functions well for what I'm looking for (hiking in hot weather). Would love if there were floral patterns in the future!" —jemusebouche
4. A set of cooling towels that get *instantly* chilly when you soak them in water and wring them out — a godsend whether you're wearing one around your neck outside or need a quick way to cool down when you get back.
It also keeps its chill for hours and will immediately get chilly again when you soak it in water and repeat the process.
Promising review: "Great for a summer workout. I live in Houston and play soccer. These are great for half time to try and keep myself cool. My teammates also like them." —Leanne Field
Get a pack of four from Amazon for $17.99.
5. A reviewer-beloved pair of high-waisted bike shorts that will instantly become your summer uniform — these lightly compressive shorts are super breathable for summer exercising *and* chilling, plus are totally squat-proof, help prevent thigh chafing, and even have sneaky side pockets for your phone and accessories.
I bought these for running last year and I am SO MAD whenever they're in the wash that I just bought several more pairs for summer — the material is nice and thick, so I thought they'd overheat, but they actually stay lightweight and cooling even on my longest runs. It has just the right amount of compression for a workout, but not so much that they're uncomfy to wear casually, either.
Promising review: "Gone are the days of slathering Vaseline on my thighs before my long runs! These shorts don't slip down, they don't ride up, and they have pockets that actually fit my entire hand. I'm training for a summer race and these shorts seriously saved my life. Best running shorts by I've tried by far." —J. Madrian
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in women's sizes XS–3XL, three lengths, and in 44 colors).
6. Or a dependable pair of Under Armour bike shorts designed with a HeatGear fabric that wicks sweat and keeps your shorts odor-free.
Promising review: "I tried these out after my favorite shorts from Old Navy were discontinued and couldn't be happier. I'm an avid runner and have a hard time finding shorts that don't ride up. These were perfect! I bought these in medium and they didn't ride up too much and provided plenty of coverage. They feel very lightweight and dried pretty quickly after a run in the Florida heat and humidity. I'll definitely be purchasing more of these." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $21.80+ (available in women's sizes XS–XXL and five colors).
7. Plus a pair of neon color-block bike shorts so unique and comfy that they'll become your ~signature workout look~ for the entire summer (and probably inspire more than a few '80s running playlists).
Curtisbrands is an LA-based, woman-owned Etsy shop established in 2014 that specializes in fashion forward, comfortable apparel.
Promising review: "The shorts are so amazing and they make me feel like workout Barbie. The stitching is fantastic and the seller totally helped me out. She answered all my questions and even sent a pic of her in her pair of the shorts. They are so cute and comfy. They wick sweat really well and I stayed cool in them in the heat of Phoenix!" —Hannah Sampson
8. A cropped workout tank with a padded built-in bra compressive enough to last you through low- and high-intensity workouts in the summer heat, but comfy enough that you might just buy more for everyday wear, too.
TBH, this crossed my radar because of Stephanie Buttermore, a popular YouTuber who shares Stories of her gym routines on Instagram. I love it so much I now own it in black, pink, AND blue. They're basically my summer uniform now, because they're compressive enough for me to wear on long-distance runs in the park but comfy enough that I love to throw 'em on with high-waisted shorts for an easy summer fit. It is hot as all HECK in New York City in the summer, so finding something this comfy and breezy at this price point has been a total boon!
Promising review: "I just ordered this in three more colors, I love it so much! It’s comfy, soft, and has the perfect amount of support. Great for summer workouts or lounging with high wasted leggings. I am a C cup and the built in bra provides enough support for running, yoga, and gym workouts. I love it almost more than my Lulu tank!!" —julie
Get it from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in women's sizes S-XXL and 19 colors).
9. A set of affordable, highly popular (these have over 154,000 5-star reviews!!) waterproof wireless Bluetooth earbuds so you can queue up all your bops and enjoy them on your outdoor runs or workouts without worrying about drowning them in sweat or rain. (Seriously, y'all — these are so waterproof you can swim in them!)
These come with a wireless charging case that provides up to 14 hours of charge (with the earbuds able to play for 4+ hours with each full charge). The earbuds also come with different sizes so you can find your perfect fit, and have a built-in mic so you can chat on the phone.
Promising review: "I recently purchased two sets of these earbuds, one for my wife and one for me. We have really enjoyed them. I opted to go with these since they are waterproof and want to try them this summer while I swim laps. These have great sound and best of all no wires. Set up was a snap and, I did not realize but each time you put them back in storage box they charge. I have used them numerous time and they connect every time. I use them while hiking and working outside and I have enjoyed them a great deal. They come with a wide assortment of covers that help to get just the right fit. I would definitely recommend them as I have not been disappointed." —April
Get it from Amazon $29.98+ (available in five colors).
10. Or a pair of hooks for your AirPods to stop them from popping right out of your ears, then onto the sidewalk, then somehow rolling into traffic, then under the wheel of a Ford Explorer, and — well. If you also get sweaty ears in the summer, you get the gist.
These also work great for wired EarPods!
Promising review: "The Earhoox 2.0 are even better than the original. I use these everyday with my AirPods to run and even with the sweat, they stay securely in place. A must have for anyone who active and wants to be sure to keep their AirPods safely in place." —Damon
Get a set of two pairs (one small, one large) from Amazon for $9.99 (available in three colors).
11. A hands-free portable neck fan you can charge with a USB and take along with you on outdoor hiking, biking, and lifting excursions to stay cool and minimize some of the sweat getting into your eyeballs.
It has three speeds to choose from and also lights up, making you more visible at night. Reviewers note that you should definitely put your hair in a ponytail (but that it's easy to unsnag if it gets caught).
Promising review: "The MAIN reason I don’t exercise as much as I should is because I sweat so bad in my hair. I hate sweating my hair out and then having to wash, blow dry, flat iron....that’s just waaay too much! I purchased these honestly with high expectations and they did not disappoint!!! They kept me cool during my entire workout! I usually will have sweat running down and burning my eyes...not a single run!" —Nicole W
Get it from Amazon for $13.99+ (available in six styles).
12. A Cooldri performance tank with UPF 50+ protection designed with a lightweight fabric both wicks away sweat and dries rapidly, making it ideal for summer sweat seshes.
13. Or a set of three lightweight racerback tanks with deep arm holes for extra breathability to make make errand running on especially hot days feel breezy as heck.
Psst to anyone breastfeeding — lots of reviewers mentioned that the deep sleeves in this also made it easier to breastfeed at home!
Promising review: "Wore one of the three shirts today for two workout videos. It is very light and airy, great for summer or indoor workouts. It feels very soft and love the big side cut outs. The colors are great, just like the pictures. Overall, I am very happy with this order and will most likely order the other colors." —R. Scott
Get a three-pack from Amazon for $23.99+ (available in 10 color combos and women's sizes XS–XL).
14. A stick of Body Glide anti-chafing balm you can apply between your thighs or under your sports bra to avoid all that skin irritation in ~hot spots~ you get from working out in the heat.
I swear by this to the point where if I can't find it in the morning on a summer run, I just won't go out, lololol. My boobs chafe SO BADLY under my sports bra bands, no matter what kind I'm wearing, but putting on a tiny bit of this before I leave works like a charm. Absolutely no more friction and no more going "OW OW OW" in the shower because my literal boob wounds were stinging.
Promising review: "I had a terrible summer in Florida this year with the high temps and humidity and started to chafe every time I wore my sport bra (five times a week) so bad. It was painful and my skin was breaking in places all along my sport bra band. Powder and/or vaseline did not help. I found this product, and have not had even one episode of chafing once I started using it. it's easy to apply; i just put it anywhere my sports bra band touches front and back. haven't chafed not one time since i started using it." —Heather
Get it from Amazon for $8.
15. Or a Body Glide balm for feet that basically magics an extra layer between your skin and your running socks and shoes for summer days when you can't avoid some sweaty friction.
A lot of reviewers also swear by this for breaking in new shoes! Not just sneakers and hiking boots but ~fashion~ boots and sandals and flats as well.
Promising review: "This stuff is awesome. As a serial sweater, I NEED this on my feet before every run, no matter how long or short. It doesn't feel heavy or slimy on my feet upon application and so far my feet have not had any friction or hot spots while running in the summer heat. HIGHLY recommend, especially for anyone who suffers from constant feet blisters." —Rachel
Get it from Amazon for $8.
16. A set of popular wickaway sweatbands for a quick fix to stop the sweat from stinging your eyes (or worse, from leaking sunscreen into your eyes).
Promising review: "Amazing quality! These are super soft and keep your head cool when working out! I couldn’t believe how well they work at wicking away moisture and staying cool! They came in a super nice box that will help me to not lose them — like I’m prone to. The colors are cute and the headbands aren’t too tight at all! They have nice stretch to them if you have a larger head. This is one of the best purchases I’ve ever made on Amazon! I’m so glad I bought these!" —Gypsigirl213
Get a set of ten from Amazon for $17.99.
17. A set of body cleansing wipes to instantly remove sweat, dirt, and all the smells that come with 'em if you're biking or power walking to work or to meet friends in the heat.
Promising review: "These are amazing. They really do totally freshen you up after a hard workout or run. I live in New Orleans and even after a long summer run, if I am in a bind for time, I can use one of these and be totally confident regardless of where I need to go. Individually packaged so you can keep one in the car, one in the gym bag, one in the desk, etc. Great to have at work if you have an after work event and don't have time to run home and freshen up beforehand. I have turned several of my friends and co-workers on to these." —Randy C
Get a 10-pack from Amazon for $9.97.
18. A pair of internet-beloved Adidas ~Cloudfoam~ workout sneakers with a memory foam sock liner and stretchy mesh top to let your footsies breathe.
These are also slip-on and slip-off for easy access!
Promising review: "Perfect shoes for low profile sneaker. These are super lightweight and flexible. I would say excellent for pavement running only as these are thin. I normally wear 8.5 but ordered an 8. I wear them barefoot mostly or low profile socks. Definitely would purchase again when I wear these out. They are light colored and neutral so I wear them all the time in summer. When they start to get dirty I throw them in the delicate speed wash and they stay looking new! Once dry, I spray with a shoe protector and let dry completely! This helps keep them looking better for longer!" —Shannon Sartors
Get it from Amazon for $45+ (available in women's sizes 5–12 and 20 colors).
19. Or a pair of FitKicks, a fast-drying minimalist athleisure shoe designed to be lightweight and breathable so they'll move with you. Reviewers use these for everything from kayaking to traveling to beach running to plain old lounging around the house.
Psst — reviewers love these, but warn that they run small!
FitKicks is a woman-founded small business that specializes in adaptable athleisure shoes for summer and winter for use across indoor and outdoor activities to suit a range of lifestyles.
Promising review: "In a kayak, walking on a beach, on the sailboat, these FitKicks work beautifully keeping sand out of between my toes, the top of my foot covered to prevent sunburn and a firm gripping sole to keep me from slipping top side. i can slip them too inside of fins and they protect my feet from getting blisters when snorkeling. Light weight and easy to pack. I'm on my second pair!" —Janet
Get it from The Grommet for $24.95+ (available in women's sizes S–XL and four colors) or on Amazon for $19.99+ (available in women's sizes S–XL and five colors) or from FitKicks for $24.99 (available in women's sizes S–XL and 24 colors).
20. A nifty ventilated cooling cap with UPF 50 protection you can wear by itself or under a hat or helmet. It cools instantly when you get it wet, settling at 30 degrees below average body temperature in under 30 seconds.
21. A set of popular moisture-wicking exercise socks to keep your feet cool and help prevent blisters on long, sweaty days in the heat.
I've had a set of these since April 2020 and not only have they held up for over a year, but they have kept my VERY blister- and chafing-prone feet snug and moisture-wicked since the day I got them. I bought two more packs of them over 2020 and they've essentially phased out any of my other socks, because they're extremely comfortable to boot. As a runner who clocks in 40+ miles a week and often in some "yikes!" summer heat, I cannot recommend these socks enough.
Promising review: "Great running socks! I got these for the tab in the back that fits high enough in my running shoes to eliminate blisters. These definitely handle moisture, even in the Florida heat." —Leslie Cornwall
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $14.95+ (available in four color combos and sizes S–L).
22. A sleek pair of sports sunglasses designed to stay put on your head without hurting your temples — a perfect way to get sun protection *and* flex a casual "cast me in your action movie" look at the same time.
Promising review: "Bought these for running, 10/10. They are lightweight and fit just snug enough to make them feel secure but not uncomfortable. The wrap-around lens gives excellent sun protection. The case is very durable and keeps them clean and secure when not in use. While I bought these for running I have started to use them when mowing the lawn as they give such good coverage over the eyes when on the zero turn. I have been a runner since junior high and still enjoy it. I run typically three times a week. These are the best running sunglasses I have ever used. I also like the look of the orange reflective tint. I may just buy another pair for the tractor and leave one pair dedicated to running. In short would definitely buy again." —mark gosling
Get it from Amazon for $21.98 (available in 12 styles).
23. A hydration backpack for runners and hikers going longer distances, which has a rubber "bladder" installed in it and a tube you can drink the water from without ever breaking your stride.
The straps are also comfy and adjustable and made with a machine-washable nylon fabric that won't overheat you. *Plus*, it comes with storage for things like keys, credit cards, and ever important snacky snacks.
Promising review: "This pack was purchased for going on local hikes with the dogs in the hot summers of LA. Enough room for a small emergency & first aid kit and my phone along with enough water for the hike, seems just right. I bought the orange to also be seen on the trails, where I don't really want to blend in and be camouflaged! As long as it holds up over repeated usage, this will prove to be a great purchase." —Fixer
Get it from Amazon for $19.98 (available in five colors).
24. A discrete running belt that comes in a *ton* of fun colors, and has room for odds and ends like your phone, credit cards, keys, cash, and even a water bottle on hot days when you're in lighter gear and don't have extra pockets to spare. Plus, it's water-resistant and sweat-proof, so your unsuspecting iPhone won't drown in your juices during summer runs.
Promising review: "I received this waist pack over a week ago and have had the chance to use it several times and I do like it a whole lot!! In fact, of the waist packs I own and have owned, this is my absolute favorite. I use waist packs a lot, especially during the summer when I wear shorts and light clothes that don't have a lot of pocket space. The main pouch easily holds my cell phone, the pocket with the velcro flap is perfect for my keys and the small pocket on the left side is perfect for the small pill box I carry for when my back acts up and finally the sturdy elastic strap I use to hold my minimalist wallet which holds my license, a few cards, and some cash. With this belt I can carry everything I need without having anything stuffed into my pockets. I will wear this pack just about everywhere including work, riding my bike, shopping, and so on. The two reflective bands are a nice addition which I have used while riding my bike for increased visibility." —mikeinVT
Get it from Amazon for $12.97 (available in seven colors).
25. Or a waterproof, sweatproof fanny pack belt designed to lay flat on your hips not just for maximum comfort, but for a more subtle look for anyone who doesn't want to disrupt the ~aesthetic~ of their running outfit with bright colors and zippers.
The Flat Fanny is an Oregon-based Etsy shop that specializes in fanny pack belts for outdoor use.
Promising review: "Love it! I have the 'flip belts' that you see in every athletic store. I don't wear that anymore. I much prefer this one. I like that is has one pocket in the front, easily fits my phone, keys, gels, etc. And the inside is waterproof so when I'm sweating, my phone doesn't get condensation which I have had problems with using other types of holders. Has a zipper so it stays secure. Easy to grab stuff out of the top, don't have to fiddle around like you do with the flip belt. Looks great and not bulky under your clothes. Great product and happy to support an Etsy seller! Shipping was fast as well! Also will plan on using it for traveling, keeping passport and valuables secure and close to me." —sdecoteau1
26. A facial ice roller you can stash in the fridge or freezer, then pull out whenever you want to take your face for a ~chill~ ride after working out in the heat.
Reviewers also swear by this for puffiness and migraines, so it's multitalented.
Promising review: "Well made for the price. I find it’s helpful in the morning for puffy eyes. It’s great to use after a workout in sunny Florida. I use it to cool down and reduce redness after exercising." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $12.99+ (available in eight colors).
27. A pair of breathable mesh capri leggings made with moisture-wicking, DryFit material so you'll not only stay breezy and cool, but have the indisputably cutest leggings in the park to boot.
CultureFit is a Black-owned business with leggings that incorporate West African print designs, and the company invites people from all backgrounds to celebrate their culture and other cultures around the world 🌍.
Promising review: "These are my new favorite leggings! A friend had them on and I had to have a pair. They are super comfortable, breathable, and stretchy. The high waist stays put better than any other pair of leggings I own. The mesh makes these comfortable to wear even in the hottest, most humid conditions. I’ve tried so many brands, but these leggings are by far the best." —Margarita
28. A lightweight, wire-free, high-impact athletic bra designed specifically for people with larger chests to mitigate some of the HARD YIKES of chafing from underwire in the heat. This also wicks away sweat to keep you nice and cool.
Promising review: "This bra makes a good swim bra too for those of us who need more support, or can't find the right swim bra. It can be worn under rash guards and other quick drying swim gear that don't have linings. I bought it for wearing under swim things, but you could wear it as a swim top alone, these days anything goes. I like that it has a single layer only, there is no two-ply or anything, that makes it much quicker drying, and also cooler for summer under regular clothes. I'm a 42DD and I feel reasonably supported. Also the mesh insert can act as a panel on low V-neck tops. I wish the price was lower, but for us larger busted ladies, we'll pay a lot for something that fits!" —Victoria's Own
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in four colors and sizes 34C-50H).
29. Plus a breathable running bra with adjustable straps that also wicks away sweat to prevent chafing, complete with a racerback strap to make it easier to match with lightweight running tanks.
Promising review: "I recently decided to try a different running bra. I have always worn Champion bras. I am pleased with the performance of this bra. I am a long distance runner. I am 36 C. I have been wearing this bra running in the heat and humidity this summer. I wear a medium. I am happy with the bra. No bounce! No chafing even after a sweaty 10 miler. I ordered three more. It is a bit difficult to slide on and off, especially after a run. But it's difficult with any sweaty bra. I am happy with the front coverage. I would buy more of this bra, especially on sale!" —Mary Harjes
Get it from Amazon for $26.50+ (available in women's sizes S–XL and 18 colors).
30. A set of ever-handy Nip Strips, adhesive strips you can put on your nipples if they chafe against your running bra or running shirt in the heat (that don't hurt to take off!).
Promising review: "These were a revelation for me. I get VERY sweaty on summer runs (complete shirt and shorts saturation) and that often results in nipple chafing. I've tried bandaids and athletic tape and I sweat them right off. These have held remarkably well for 1.5+ hour runs in July heat and humidity." —lilloquacious
Get a set of 20 pairs from Amazon for $14.99.
31. A shampoo scalp massager you can use in the shower to massage and exfoliate your scalp, helping deep clean at the root from all the extra sweat and salt that accumulates when you're working out in the heat. Psst — a lot of reviewers mention this has also helped with psoriasis, dandruff, and scalp tenderness!
I have one of these and WOWZA, it really helps you get extra mileage out of your shampoo. I have a whole lot of hair on my head so sometimes it's a struggle to feel like I've soaped up my whole scalp thorough, but this is a very effective way to spread out the suds and really get them to the roots. I was worried it might tangle in my hair, but it was totally fine on that front, too. I've noticed that my hair has been a little less greasy at the roots since I started using it. And I'm echoing a ton of reviewers here when I say it just feels reeeeeally, really nice.
Promising review: "I can't say enough about this product. I have long hair and I do not wash my hair more than every 4–5 days. My hair is dry and it doesn't get dirty until nearly a week goes by. However, my scalp is another story. If I have been sweating due to weather or working out, my scalp is going to be accruing dirt. This has been a godsend. This brush does an amazing job of getting my scalp squeaky clean and I don't have to be concerned about that buildup not coming off. I always loved going to the salon for a good scrub of my scalp but it can be expensive to do all the time. This makes it so much easier and I can do it every time I wash my hair. I was having some hair loss and couldn't figure out what was going on other than just stress. Since I started using this, the hair loss has stopped and I actually think my hair is growing better. I wrote an earlier review but I have been using this now for awhile and wanted to update what I said then so this is it. I am buying several more of these for stocking stuffers at Christmas. I know once they use this, they will be thanking me until next Christmas! LOL! ;-)" —KG8
Get it from Amazon for $6.98+ (available in three colors).