41 Personal Care Products So Effective You’ll Be A Lifelong Convert
Not you shoving all your skincare products out of the stratosphere to make room for this reviewer-beloved Bio-Oil.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. An easy-to-use posture corrector to encourage you to sit up straighter and use better posture to help prevent neck, back, and shoulder pain that has a habit of creeping up when you spend all day at your desk.
Promising review: "Once I put it on, I felt the weirdness and discomfort. I immediately went to check myself in front of the mirror. The discomfort was actually from me standing straight with proper posture! I kept it for 20 minutes then took it off. My body wanted to go back to my 'normal' slouch, but it actually didn’t feel right. This unassuming basic-looking thing does work really well. I have been using it for three days now, and it helps remind me of my posture. I work out a lot, and I have noticed less strain and pain doing certain exercises while wearing this. Definitely worth a try!!" —Trish M.
Get it from Amazon for $16.99.
2. A bottle of sulfate-free biotin shampoo that not only helps with hair loss using its unique blend of tea tree, jojoba, and argan oils, but can also help prevent dandruff, clear scalp buildup, and hydrate your hair.
Promising review: "I love this shampoo! I had gastric sleeve surgery and my hair was very, very thin. I started taking biotin and switched to biotin shampoo as recommended by my doctor. It doesn’t make your hair grow by washing it but it makes your hair and roots stronger. And it worked. After using the whole bottle, my hair was stronger. I had a lot of new growth that was sticking around (the previous new growth fell out early on) and my hair was getting thicker. Eight months later, my hair is back to normal. It's longer and thicker than ever. I still use it twice a week and love it! I’m not crazy about the way it smells but others love it when they smell my hair." —Diane J. Huff
Get it from Amazon for $9.85.
3. A suuuper popular Bio-Oil made with vitamins A and E, chamomile, and lavender — you may recognize it as a product a lot of people use to help fade scars (both old and new), soothe cracked and dry skin, and help moisturize without affecting your pores, but people are also using it to help with dry and painful skin on their hands from handwashing and sanitizing.
FWIW re: scars, though, this stuff really works. I had thyroid surgery a few years ago and Bio-Oil took me from looking like I'd stumbled out of the Red Wedding to virtually no detectable scar within a few months. All I did was apply it once in the morning and once at night.
Promising review: "Five stars! I love it so much that I don't know what to do if they stop making it!" —Mary
*Another* promising review: "I noticed my skin started to get dry and tight after I took a shower, especially in the winter time. I used to use expensive creams like Clinique but it didn't seem like it was enough. I saw this at Costco at a very reasonable price compared to what I was paying at Macy's so I thought I'd try it out. Just a couple of drops and my face immediately felt soft and supple! This lasted throughout the day and two little drops covered my face and neck area. Gradually after a few months, friends and acquaintances would comment how pretty my skin was (I'm in my late 40s and Native American). If you use more than two or three drops on your face and neck, you're using too much. One bottle lasted me six months or more. Costco no longer carries this and after making do with Aveeno facial moisturizer, it is no substitute to what Bio-Oil does for me." —Lynn La Pointe
Get it from Amazon for $8.92+ (available in four sizes).
4. A knee stabilizer band for knee pain relief both in the short term *and* long term, whether you get it from running, hiking, team sports, or jumping up and down every time you hear a Bruno Mars song start playing at a wedding reception.
Promising review: "Oh my god! I have had bad knees for decades and I have tried so many braces but they're hot, they migrate down, and I have to constantly pull them up, so I just don't wear them. But my knees are so bad it's hard to walk sometimes and so I wanted to try something different and this looked really simple, and, if it didn't work I wasn't out, not much money. So I tried it and it's amazing! Instant relief. I even took it off to see if maybe my knees weren't feeling the pain and the pain came back after a moment so I know it was working. Weather really mess with them. Living in the Midwest means spring and fall transitions are awful and the extreme cold and storms wreak havoc on my knees. I shouldn't be this excited about a product but I literally carry this in my purse." —Meghan Dray
Get a set of two from Amazon for $13.88 (available in four colors).
5. A shampoo scalp massager you can use in the shower to massage and exfoliate your scalp, so you can get all of the relaxing decadence of feeling like someone is massaging your head without physically going to a salon. Psst — a lot of reviewers mention this has also helped with psoriasis, dandruff, and scalp tenderness!
I recently started using one of these and WOWZA, it really helps you get extra mileage out of your shampoo. I have a whole lot of hair on my head so sometimes it's a struggle to feel like I've soaped up my whole scalp thorough, but this was a very effective way to spread out the suds and really get them to the roots. I was worried it might tangle in my hair, but it was totally fine on that front, too. I've noticed that my hair has been a little less greasy at the roots since I started using it a few weeks ago. And I'm echoing a ton of reviewers here when I say it just feels reeeeeally, really nice.
Promising review: "I’ve suffered from dry skin and a dry scalp ever since I turned 30. The only thing that helps me is exfoliating. I was initially concerned that the product would be too rough and damage my sensitive scalp or too soft and ineffective. However, this brush is perfect for me. It does not tangle my long hair, it is easy to use and just firm enough to get the job done. My scalp no longer itches and the icky buildup is gone. I can’t believe something so affordable has made such a difference in the health of my scalp. I’ve used expensive shampoos and conditioners to no end with barely a difference. I wish I discovered this product much sooner!" —AH
Get it from Amazon for $6.98+ (available in three colors).
6. A popular water-resistant Under Armour face mask designed to sit off your lips, giving you plenty of room to breathe without getting fabric sucked into your mouth mid-run. It's also made with the company's Iso-Chill fabric, so it doesn't overheat despite being bulkier than other masks.
This mask has the approval of a *ton* of runners and athletes in its reviews, but also runners IRL. I have two of them in my own gym rotation, and I'm impressed not only by how well they stay in place and don't get over-sweaty and gross on long runs, but by how well they wash up and maintain their shape. The straps are super soft on your ears, too. I've gotten to used to straps chafing on longer runs that I was surprised by what a difference this made. I gifted one of these to my dad for Christmas, too, and it's his go-to for walks and errand running. It's just an overall easier mask to breathe in (while still maintaining a tight fit and keeping the people around you safe!).
Type Of Fit: Around-the-ear loops
Pocket For Filter: No
Fabric Type: Iso-Chill fabric
Shipping Time: Standard shipping
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in five sizes and six colors; for reference, I'm wearing the Small-Medium above).
7. A weekly pill organizer designed with push-through silicone lids to easily organize your pills at the beginning of the week without worrying about knocking it over while the lids are all open. Each pod also has a magnetized base, so you can easily remove it and replace it if you're on the move.
Sagely is a family-owned small business founded by husband-and-wife team Ellie Glazer and Ivor Miskulin, who spent three years designing the ideal stress-free pill storage solution. The silicone lids are super secure, but also designed for gentle and easy opening and closing to account for users with dexterity issues.
Promising review: "Love this thing!!! I'm only 30 and didn't want an old-lady pill box...and this one was modern and cool. The little slots to push in pills is fantastic and the containers are very large. It keeps my huge vitamin pills on either side and could fit over 10 large ones if needed. Love this thing. Worth the price and looks like it'll last forever. I do wish the magnets were stronger. They just keep them in place but will slide off if bumped. I assume this is helpful for people with arthritis. It's an easy fix. I take down one day's worth of pills, set it on my counter and now I'm not to lazy to take my pills!" —Chicken McNugget
Get it from Amazon for $34.99.
8. A stick of Body Glide anti-chafing balm you can apply between your thighs or under your bra to avoid all that skin irritation in ~hot spots~ you get from sweating at the gym or in the heat.
I swear by this to the point where if I can't find it before a run, I just won't go out, LOLOL. My boobs chafe SO BADLY under my sports bra bands, no matter what kind I'm wearing, but putting on a tiny bit of this before I leave works like a charm. Absolutely no more friction and no more going "OW OW OW" in the shower because my literal boob wounds were stinging.
Promising review: "I had a terrible summer in Florida this year with the high temps and humidity and started to chafe every time I wore my sport bra (five times a week) so bad. It was painful and my skin was breaking in places all along my sport bra band. Powder and/or Vaseline did not help. I found this product, and have not had even one episode of chafing once I started using it. It's easy to apply; I just put it anywhere my sports bra band touches, front and back. haven't chafed not one time since I started using it." —Heather
Get it from Amazon for $8.
9. A bottle of Elizavecca Hair Treatment, an Olaplex "dupe" repairing mask infused with collagen ingredients and protein extracts that will help restore hair health and reduce shedding. All you gotta do is apply it on wet hair after a shampoo, wait five minutes, and rinse it out.
This is designed to work on all hair types, with reviewers with 2b to 4c curls mentioning it worked for them!
Promising review: "Holy moly. This stuff is AH-mazing. To be free of bad stuff, smell amazing, leave my hair SMOOTH and SOFT (did I emphasize that enough), and leave my hair drying quicker with it looking near perfect. Well folks, what else is there to say? Buy it. Don’t think about it. Just do it. This coming from a super picky hair girl!" —Aubsmommmy
Check out BuzzFeed's full review of the Elizavecca hair treatment for more deets!
Get a bottle from Amazon for $9.20.
10. A bottle of nail and cuticle repair oil that you simply brush on your nail beds once a day to condition and strengthen all those brittle spots and painful hangnails, leaving you with thick, strong nails and nail beds you're not tempted to pick at all the livelong day.
Promising review: "It's a miracle! I had peeling, weak nails for years. Tried everything. A friend recommended a nail strengthener they saw on QVC. It was quite pricey and I wanted to make sure it was worth it so I read the reviews. One of the comments said just buy Solar Oil. Since it was much more affordable than the QVC stuff, I tried it. I bought it in February. This bottle size lasted a bit more than a month religiously applying it two to three times a day. I was really seeing great improvement so I bought another bottle in late March. By May, all the peeling had grown out and my nails were getting stronger every day. I then bought the big 4-ounce refill bottle because I never want to run out of it again! Cannot recommend this stuff enough!" —Diana
Get it from Amazon for $8.50.
11. A set of itty-bitty dermaplaning razors you can use to take care of those lil' unibrow hairs that keep dodging your tweezers or work whatever face fuzzies you might want to take care of in a gentle way.
This tool also helps soften skin by gently exfoliating as you use it!
Promising review: "I love these things. They get rid of all the peach fuzz on my face! My makeup goes on smoothly. They are great for exfoliating and help product get in the skin better. My skin looks great and I'm 45. I hope they never stop making these things! If skeptical about how to use them, watch some YouTube videos. Now I feel like a pro using them. Highly recommend." —crackalackin
Get a set of three from Amazon for $4.99.
12. Or a painless battery-charged hair remover you can simply glide over super fine hair like the hair above your lip or between your brows instead of going into a full "YIKES" mode with wax — no shaving cream required.
Promising review: "I likes the painless and effortless but effective results and the fact I can do this as often as I like. No more $40 monthly facial waxings at this time of shut down for indefinite future and this was my alternative; will save me a whole lot of money!" —Dreidel Collector
Get it from Amazon for $15.99.
13. Cerave's Hydrating cleanser made with hyaluronic acid, ceramides, and glycerin — aka, all the good stuff to hydrate your face and remove makeup and oil without stripping your skin of its natural moisture. Psst — a lot of reviewers with sensitive skin and acne swear by this, because it's super gentle *and* super effective.
Promising review: "I absolutely love this product! I spent so much money on expensive face wash and face creams and nothing worked like this. I always had breakouts on my chin and redness. No matter what products I used, it didn't fix my problem. I bought this cleanser two weeks ago and use every day. I noticed my redness and pimples clearing up in three days! It leaves my skin smooth, healthy, and clear. I just order another bottle in case they sell out. Cerave, please never discontinue this product. I can't thank you enough for making me have confidence again. 💕💕💕" —Adriana
Get it from Amazon for $14.99.
14. A bottle of Drop It, a natural wine sulfate and tannin remover that works its magic on your glass in just 20 seconds, so you can rest easy with your nightly glass of Pinot knowing you've spared yourself the infamous Post-Wine Headache or allergic reactions.
It's also a lot more cost-effective and environmentally friendly than wine wands or other competitors — a single bottle of this can be used to treat up to 55 glasses of wine, as opposed to wands that can only do a few glasses each before they get tossed. Drop It recommends one to two drops for each glass of white wine, two to three for a glass of red, and seven to nine if you're treating the whole bottle at once. Once it's in the glass, swirl lightly for 20 seconds, and you should be raring to go!
Promising review: "I became really sensitive to wine in my 30s and through a lot of trial and painful error, I thought I might have to give up on wine altogether. Then I found out about the preservatives being a possible cause and decided to give this product a shot. So glad I did!! I'm still pretty sensitive to reds but this helps tremendously so that I can have a glass with dinner without a headache immediately settling in. Whites cause me no problem what so ever! I love that it takes so little product to make a difference to a whole bottle. Just a few drops, a few minutes, and we are good to go." —CastawayIrons
Get it from Amazon for $14.99.
15. A foot file that'll remove calluses and hard or cracked skin from your feet with some gentle, pain-free rubbing that will leave your heels feeling gloriously soft.
Promising review: "This is the perfect tool to invest in to maintain soft and healthy feet in between pedicures. It has saved me lots of money because I'm able to space out my pedicures more often now. I've found the best results are when I use it after I shower and then I moisturize when I'm finished. I would recommend going easy the first couple times because it's difficult to know how much callus/skin you're actually removing in the moment. Highly recommend though!" —Nikki Moody
Get it from Amazon for $9.95.
16. Eden BodyWorks Coconut Shea Curl Defining Creme made with coconut oil, shea butter, aloe, and avocado oil help define and moisturize curls without buildup, so the next time you load Zoom everyone will pull out a pad to learn your routine and take notes. This medium-hold crème is ideal for wash 'n' gos, twists, or braid-outs.
Eden BodyWorks is a Black woman–owned business established in 2004 that specializes in natural products to nurture, restore, and maintain hair. Reviewers with 2c through 4c hair mention it working well for them!
Promising review: "This curl defining creme is really good, and I consider it a must-have. I have 4a, high density, low porosity, coarse hair. This gives my hair great definition and moisture. I think it works best as a part of the LCO method. Personally, I dampen my hair with water, apply this crème, and then follow up with a little bit of apricot or sweet almond oil. It doesn't mix well with products from other brands or other products in general other than oil, but that's not a bad thing considering you don't need anything else. Would definitely recommend this over curl-defining crèmes from other brands." —Crh
17. Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind concealer, an inexpensive lightweight concealer for anyone who wants to quickly touch up before Zoom calls or errand running, but doesn't want to commit to a whole layer of foundation. This also helps cover dark circles without caking and reduce puffiness.
TBH, last year I started using this myself (although this is BuzzFeed editor Kayla Suazo's lovely human face above), and I am mad that I wasted time with other concealers for so long. I am a deeply impatient person who likes to look good and does not like to put in effort in any way, shape, or form, and Maybelline created this so that people like me could gracelessly slap it on in the morning and be like "OK, REFLECTION, YOU GOT THIS" before being on their merry way. It never cakes, I look way more awake than I have any right to, and I never struggle to blend it the way I do with other concealers. 11/10 subscribe.
Promising review: "This is my all-time favorite concealer. It goes on creamy, covers under-eye circles without looking chalky. I hope they never stop making it." —YVonneM
Check out BuzzFeed's full review of Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Concealer for more deets.
Get it from Amazon for $4.33 (available in 17 shades).
18. A hydrating intense-therapy lip balm complete with SPF 25 to not only help repair dry, chapped lips, but continually protect 'em against the elements. Reviewers note that this wasn't just more effective than other brands, but it worked *fast*.
Promising review: "My lips usually crack and bleed in the winter no matter what I put on them. This is literally the first winter ever that my lips are perfect. This is the best product I've ever used! It's nice and soft, not greasy. I've bought it for several coworkers who also suffer like I do. I hope they never stop making this!" —Mel Belle
Get it from Amazon for $8 (available in six flavors and in packs of three).
19. A steam gel nail–removing machine that will gently take care of gel nails in 15 to 20 minutes, making them easy to remove without all the hassle of going back to a salon or the weird smells of other at-home removal kits.
Each steamer also comes with a nail pusher and cuticle tool.
Promising review: "This is a great product if you do your own gel nails. Just scuff up that top coat good and it melts the gel right off. Scuffing up the topcoat is key; without doing that it takes much longer to actually work. Doesn’t work on acrylic that well, but I only messed with that once and it wasn’t a lot left on my nails. This machine has made it easy for me to maintain my own gel nails so I can get my nails to grow without the damage of acrylic. Would definitely recommend." —Amanda Cooke
Get it from Amazon for $41.99.
20. A firming eye cream that uses vitamin C, vitamin E, rose hip seed oil, and hibiscus flower extract to brighten and firm that sensitive skin around your eyes and neck not just on a day-to-day basis, but a long-term one, too.
Promising review: "Incredible product! Still cannot believe what a difference it has made in the lines and wrinkles around my eyes. I use it twice a day, and actually use it for my entire face and my neck. My skin feels so soft, and lines are disappearing." —Melissa
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in four sizes)
21. A pair of super-comfy period-proof underwear designed to hold two tampons' worth of period blood. Not only are these a great alternative to pads and tampons, they're also ideal for overnight protection (you can pair them with a pad if you have a heavy flow) and for people who are worried about ~leakage~ during sports or physical activities — I personally always wear period-proof undies when I go on runs on my period and it has been a MASSIVE godsend.
Also, unlike your regular undies, you don't have to scrub the blood out of these. They're designed so it rinses right out in the sink with soap and warm water, and can get tossed in the washer and dryer from there. You can read the rest of my review on Bambody period underwear for more deets!
Psst — reviewers love these undies, but suggest sizing up!
Promising review: "These are WONDERFUL!! They are super comfortable, soft, have a mild compression to them, breathable, great coverage, not bulky at all, and super absorbent!! You don’t get that metallic blood scent coming through either which I was super skeptical about. So the packaging states that they recommend using these as a backup to another period product like a cup, but I tested the hell out of these babies for my entire period as the only form of protection and left my cup in its drawer. I’m in my 30s. I’m not a super-heavy bleeder but I do have fairly heavy days. For the test I used one panty per day (24 hours) and never once had a leak, wetness feel, smell, felt uncomfortable, or had bulkiness. When I rinsed them out in the sink after the 24-hour test the amount of blood was astonishing. As you rinse it there’s definitely that old-blood kind of metallic smell. Then I just washed them on the gentle cycle and air dried them. Super easy, does take a long time to air-dry though. I’ll likely buy more so that I can have daytime and nighttime sets." —Becky
Get it from Amazon for $14.90+ (available in sizes XS–6XL, two colors, and in three-packs).
22. A moisturizing, sweat-resistant sunscreen designed not to leave a white cast on darker skin tones, so you can keep your cheeks safe from the sun without spending 20 minutes rubbing your sunscreen in first.
Black Girl Sunscreen is a Black woman–owned business established in 2016 with products that are cruelty-free and formulated without parabens or other harmful chemicals (psst — they also have sunscreen for kids on their site!).
Promising review: "I’ve tried many, many sunscreens that claim to blend and not leave a white cast when applied. This was so much better than I expected. A nickel-size amount goes a long way and blends into a smooth, dewy finish. I also didn’t notice a scent so there was no worries of walking around smelling like sunscreen." —Amber Danielle
23. A jar of Aztec Secret healing clay masks that essentially sucks the gunk out of your pores like a vacuum, and will leave your skin feeling so smooth and firm you'll want to pet it.
Also, psst — we have solutions for all your warm-weather face mask problems, whether it's exercising, maskne, or plain old knowing where to find them.
Promising review: "As a healthcare worker during COVID-19, the increased mask wear has both myself and my partner breaking out. This has been a welcome addition to our routine. Thanks for having a product that actually works!" —Brytnee
Get it from Amazon for $14.95.
24. A tin of Cirepil blue wax beads that use a gentle hard wax to easily remove both the coarsest and finest of hairs in a matter of minutes, leaving you with skin so smooth that you're going to have to sit on your hands to stop yourself from stroking your underarms and legs in public.
This stuff is used in a lot of high-end salons, too, so this tin truly pays for itself in "trips not taken to get professional waxed."
Promising review: "This is the only wax that I can use on my va jay jay and I never have problems. I hope they never stop making this stuff." —K. Browning
*Another* promising review: "This is the best hard wax I have ever tried! I prefer to use hard wax over any other wax hands down. I use it on myself and on my friends, family, and clients. I have found that this works best for me when used on clean, oiled (lightly) skin. Using a light oil helps prevent the wax from sticking to and pulling on the skin, therefore only grabbing the hair. Easy to use and easy cleanup. I have found my holy grail hard wax and will be repurchasing every time I start getting low." —Stillkickin
Get it from Amazon for $24.99.
25. A reviewer-beloved Mane Club 10-in-1 leave-in spray that honestly deserves its own theme song for the amount of work it's putting in. Its unique formula of cannabis sativa seed oil helps it condition, detangle, heat protect, prevent breakage, hydrate, smooth, soften, control frizz, boost shine, and strengthen your hair, and keeps it nongreasy to boot.
Mane Club is a New York City–based small business established in 2019 that specializes in affordable haircare products.
Promising review: "I’m a hairstylist, so I’ve tried just about every leave-in conditioner out there, and I was amazed at how soft my hair felt after one use. My curls were so happy! The smell is amazing too!! I will definitely be repurchasing." —Allison S.
Get it from Mane Club for $8.
26. A vitamin C–based face serum for brighter, firmer skin with muuuuch faster results than most of its competitors. A lot of reviewers could see a difference within just a few days of use.
Promising review: "Since COVID, I have been staying at home and my skin has gotten a little dryer. I think the dry air in my home, not getting up and putting on makeup, moisturizer, serum, etc. took its toll. So, I'm going back to putting time into taking care of my skin. So, I began using this product along with a vitamin C cleanser and bam, back to pre-COVID glow. I hope that if you buy it that it works for you as well." —Indy Reader
Get it from Amazon for $33.99 (clip the $2 off coupon on the product page for this price).
27. A cult-favorite Athena Club Razor Kit with blades specifically designed to handle curves *and* sensitive skin — like so well-designed that the razors are enhanced with shea butter to make shaving cream *optional*. You can get replacement blades on a personalized subscription, and the razor comes with a rust-proof magnetic hook to oh so chicly store it in the shower.
Each kit comes with two five-blade cartridges, stainless-steel blades, one razor handle, and one magnetic hook.
Promising review: "Best razor EVER! This razor is amazing! Such a close shave and my legs are so silky afterward! AND it doesn't irritate my legs like other razors. Never going back!" —Lori
Get it from Athena's Club for $9 (available in six handle colors and a variety of subscription plans).
28. A compression foot sleeve that'll help manage heel pain and plantar fasciitis that you can sneakily wear right under your socks. The compression is so effective that even reviewers with chronic pain swear by them!
Promising review: "I'm a runner and battling my second round with plantar fasciitis in the last 10 years. I own compression stockings that go up to the knee but I really like these sock 'sleeves.' Much more comfortable and easy to put on and take off. I immediately noticed strong support. The light weight means you can even wear these at night to accelerate the healing process. Go slow with building back up the mileage and good luck, fellow runners." —V. Brancart
Get a pair from Amazon for $15.95 (available in four sizes and nine colors).
29. A Squatty Potty, one of those internet-famous stools you can put at the base of your toilet to prop your feet up on while you ~go~. The placement helps align your colon to make the process a whole lot easier and faster — like, 20 seconds compared to several minutes! — so you don't end up watching all of TikTok while you're waiting yourself out.
Psst — a lot of reviewers with chronic constipation and other gastrointestinal issues that get them ~backed up~ swear by this!
Promising review: "Let me be as blunt as I can be here. I have no idea how I will ever go back to normal pooping. I'm in my thirties and I pooped just fine thank you very much. I got this for two family members who were older and ended up with a three pack. I literally left the third one in the extra room for a month then thought 'ah heck let's put it by the toilet.' Well, let me tell you, the only bad things about this is I don't have time to play on my phone any more in the bathroom. I basically assume the position and I'm done in 20 seconds. No waiting for the body to get ready or rocking back and forth. I know this is a stupid idea in some ways. Except...except...it actually really works. And heck, why can't we talk about pooping! Especially here in the Amazon chat window! Smooth, nice, simple poops with no stress. Get yourself one." —Matt T.
Get it from Amazon for $24.99.