We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A truly multi-talented set of cooling towels you can use to beat the heat — all you have to do is wet these and they get chilly, perfect for draping on your head, neck, or other overheated areas. Once the chill runs out, you can wet them again to get it back!
Promising review: "I purchased three packs of these and they are awesome and yes, they really do get colder once wet. It also has a bag and clip to carry it which is super convenient. I just got back from the beach and I used it while laying in the hot sun. All I did is wet it and put it around my neck and over my shoulders and it instantly cooled me down. And it stayed cool for 30 minutes because it dried. Once wet, it was instantly cold again. Great purchase!" —Donna C.
Get a set of four for $18.99+ (available in 12 color combos).
2. A stick of Body Glide anti-chafing balm to apply between your thighs or under your bra to avoid all that skin irritation in ~hot spots~ you get in the summer.
I swear by this to the point where if I can't find it in the morning of a run, I just won't go out, LOLOL. My boobs chafe SO BADLY under my sports bra bands, no matter what kind I'm wearing, but putting on a tiny bit of this before I leave works like a charm. Absolutely no more friction and no more going "OW OW OW" in the shower because my literal boob wounds were stinging.
Promising review: "This stuff saved my beach vacation. My son always gets nasty chafe and rub rash from playing in the water and then running around in his wet shorts. Usually halfway through the day he's ready to go because it stings so bad, then it's going home slathering the rash with cream while he sits on the couch. We put this on his inner thighs every day before we went to the beach and never even had pinkish skin, never mind a rash!! It's very dry, non-greasy and goes on smooth and colorless just like a deodorant with no scent either. It's absolutely a lifesaver!!!" —C. Millin
Get it from Amazon for $8.99.
3. Or a Body Glide balm for feet that basically magics an extra layer between your skin and your running socks and shoes for summer days when you can't avoid some sweaty friction.
A lot of reviewers also swear by this for breaking in new shoes! Not just sneakers and hiking boots but ~fashion~ boots and sandals and flats as well.
Promising review: "This stuff is awesome. As a serial sweater, I NEED this on my feet before every run, no matter how long or short. It doesn't feel heavy or slimy on my feet upon application and so far my feet have not had any friction or hot spots while running in the summer heat. HIGHLY recommend, especially for anyone who suffers from constant feet blisters." —Rachel
Get it from Amazon for $8.99.
4. Neutrogena Beach Defense Water Resistant Sunscreen, which reviewers love not only for its high level of sweat-resistant protection but also because, unlike a *ton* of other leading brands, this doesn't leave a white cast on darker skin tones.
Promising review: "The BEST sunscreen I have ever used! I am always prone to burn any time i get out in the sun. I decided to take a trip to the beach this summer, and just went kayaking for four hours on the water in the BEAMING sun and in the MIDDLE OF THE DAY. I put sunscreen everywhere except for my chest. Wanna know where my skin is resembling that of a cherry? My chest. The rest of me? TANNING WITH NO BURN WHATSOEVER!!! I was shocked. I love this product and will forever recommend it for the rest of my life. Stay safe and stay unaffected from the sun you guys!!!" —Channing C.
Get it from Amazon for $8.97.
5. A set of sunscreen reminder stickers — these UV stickers have SPF recognition and will change colors to let you know when your SPF is working, and then again when it's time to slather more sunscreen on. Each sticker is water-resistant and works for up to 12 hours. NOT TODAY, SUN!!!
Check out a TikTok of the sunscreen stickers in action.
Promising review: "Just used this product on a recent trip to Florida. I made sure to wash my skin before application and it lasted about two days on my skin without coming off. When out of the sun or behind UV glass, like in a car, the spot turns clear. As soon as you step into the sun it turns purple. If you use a sunblock it starts to become clear or semi clear. After being on the beach and having gone into the water a few times the spot started seeing purple and I applied sunblock again. In a minute the spot was clear again. So this is very effective In alerting me when to reapply." —RGTorque
Get a 32-count from Amazon for $25.99.
6. Orrrr if it's too late for that, a handy as heck sunburn soother made with aloe and coconut oil to hydrate skin and gently relieve pain from the sun's unforgiving rays within just a few hours.
Psst — a lot of reviewers mentioned this also helped prevent peeling and itching!
Promising review: "Upon planning our vacation to the beach, I ordered sunscreen, suntan lotion, and sunburn relief from Amazon and packed in our beach bag. Day two of our vacation on a cloudy day on the beach in Florida, my husband got sunburned on his feet, legs, and chest. He started putting sunburn relief on his skin the same day he got burned and we are on day four and he never peeled, was not in pain, and his sunburn is now tan. This lotion truly works & will be a staple now in our home." —ymucnxigv
Get it from Amazon for $10.02.
7. A delightfully affordable, super lightweight UPF 50+ protective running hat for shielding your face from sunburns and keeping the sweat out of your unsuspecting eyeballs.
A lot of runners steer clear of hats because of the whole "you lose the most heat through your head" thing, but that's actually a myth! Plus, this hat has bonus reflective edges for higher visibility and folds neatly, making it super packable for running adventures. Go live your hat-filled dreams.
Promising review: "I went on a run with this hat, and I was pleasantly surprised. It is very lightweight. The hat completely covers my head from the front and reaches around a low ponytail, which is why I love it. It is reflective, too. The really cool part is how it folds. There are two creases on the bill, so it can completely fold up. And when you’re wearing the hat, the bill stays firm and in place. I was just trying to get a good price on a running hat, but I was pleasantly surprised by the high quality and features. I would recommend this hat. I’ll be getting another one for my friend." —Calista Brown
Get it from Amazon for $9.99 (available in seven colors).
8. Plus a CurlCap, which is a satin-lined backless adjustable cap designed with natural hair and updos in mind, so you never have to worry about your hair snagging or getting damaged when you're shielding your face from the sun.
CurlCap is a Black-owned apparel company founded by Britney Sade that specializes in caps designed for natural hair with an open back and flexible scrunchie design.
Promising review: "This hat is comfortable, well made, and cute! It is now my go-to hat for casual days when I put my hair in a ponytail. I have also worn it playing tennis and found that it's more comfortable than wearing a visor. The back elastic really keeps the hat secure without feeling too tight. I have the black twill, and would love to see it in other colors in this fabric for walking, running, and tennis. Love." —Me
Get it from Amazon for $19.95 (available in 11 styles).
9. A set of popular moisture-wicking exercise socks to keep your feet cool and help prevent blisters on long, sweaty days in the heat.
I've had a set of these since April 2020 and not only have they held up for over two years, but they have kept my VERY blister- and chafing-prone feet snug and moisture-wicked since the day I got them. I bought two more packs of them since then and they've essentially phased out any of my other socks, because they're extremely comfortable to boot. As a runner who clocks in 40+ miles a week and often in some "yikes!" summer heat, I cannot recommend these socks enough.
Promising review: "Great running socks! I got these for the tab in the back that fits high enough in my running shoes to eliminate blisters. These definitely handle moisture, even in the Florida heat." —Leslie Cornwall
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $14.95+ (available in four color combos and sizes S–L).
10. A versatile UPF 50 protective neck drape you can easily attach to the back of any hat for some ~extra credit~ sun protection. The fabric is also cooling and quick-drying, making it ideal for beachwear or sweaty days.
Promising review: "Deployed to the desert. Started doing long runs and I ordered this not sure what to expect. Turns out this item is freaking awesome. What's great is you are not limited to what hat you have to wear. I have paired mine with a North Face running hat and it has been great at keeping me cooler than I thought it would. I honestly thought it would feel closed in, like it was holding in heat, but it actually feels great. Plus the fact it's easily removable is nice for easy storage. Small, light, easy on and off, easy to pack, works great, what's not to love." —happy bill
Get it from Amazon for $17.99 (available in 15 colors).
11. A set of DripDrop hydration packets, an electrolyte drink mix infused with potassium, magnesium, zinc, and vitamin C that you can stir into your water to help speed up hydration and restore energy levels when you're dehydrated from spending too much time in the sun.
I'm a long-distance runner and recently tried the Strawberry Lemonade and Fruit Punch flavors after some 10-milers in the heat — I wasn't expecting them to taste so good considering they're half the sugar of sports drinks, but damn?? These tasted just as flavorful as Gatorade, even when I put them in 16 ounces of water instead of the recommended eight. Usually I feel pretty sluggish by mid-afternoon on days when I go on long runs but I felt fine after chugging one of these packets, so it definitely does the trick.
Promising review: "This was my first experience with DripDrop or any electrolyte powder for that matter. I ordered these to try them out for a beach vacation this summer and it truly made a difference! My family and I noticed we didn’t feel sluggish from sitting in the sun and sweating for hours. I wasn’t sure what to expect with the flavor but the fruit punch flavor reminds me exactly of Hawaiian Punch!" —Mary
Get a 16-count pack from Amazon for $18.99 (available in eight flavor packs and in 32-count packs).
12. A set of popular wickaway sweatbands for a quick fix to stop the sweat from stinging your eyes (or worse, from leaking sunscreen into your eyes).
Promising review: "These headbands are fantastic! I have super curly hair, and typically headbands slip and slide around on me. I wear these exclusively when working out, and considering my slippery hair and the amount of perspiration I experience during a workout, these are a great solution. And the colors all match the gym clothes that I already own!" —Jessica A. Nicosia
Get a set of 10 from Amazon for $15.99.
13. A delightful little tool called the Bug Bite Thing that suctions on all kinds of bug bites to reduce swelling, itchiness, and redness — perfect for hikes, running, and other fun outdoor adventures.
This works on mosquitoes, bees, wasps, biting flies, sea lice, and more (although TBH, if this list of bugs gets any longer I may just stay indoors forever!!).
Promising review: "I bought this because I saw it on TikTok, and have been having issues with mosquito bites. Used it a few time to relieve itchiness and I am convinced it works! Have been recommending it to my family and friends. Read the directions and follow them carefully. Don't use this on your face or neck, or other sensitive areas. Don't do a lot of suction, just a little bit. And do it a few times if needed. Great invention!" —Joe
Get it from Amazon for $9.95 (available in three colors).
14. A set of resistance bands *perfect* for outdoor workouts because they're super lightweight and portable. Reviewers love these for tailoring their booty and leg workouts to their exact level of resistance and strength — these come with a light, medium, and heavy resistance band to work abs, glutes, thighs, and calves. (Plus, it comes with a booklet to get you started!)
Promising review: "I was pleasantly surprised. I actually saw this product recommended on TikTok and I had to try them. I absolutely love them. They're very durable. Comfortable and the level of stretch is perfect. I wasn't expecting a storage bag or workout booklet. Would definitely recommend!!" —Josie Chavez
Get it from Amazon for $15.99 (available in three color combos).
15. An adjustable weighted fitness hoop so you can crank up your favorite workout bops playlist and break a sweat recess-style. Reviewers swear by this not just for strengthening their core, but relieving back aches from sitting in one place too long (Big WFH Mood, y'all).
Promising review: "Like everyone else I saw this on TikTok and decided to give it a shot. Super fun to use. I'll admit it's difficult to start but once you get the hang of it after a few minutes it's super easy and fun. It is a little loud but nothing unbearable. The pieces are easy to add to, and the weight is not too heavy or light." —Richard Enriquez
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in three colors).
16. A cooling body spray reviewers swear by for beating the heat and soothing sunburns — perfect for when both your running playlist *and* the weather is 🔥.
Rooted Earth is a Maine-based Etsy shop established in 2013 that specializes in small batch skin care and herbal apothecary goods.
Promising review: "This spray is so lovely and refreshing! It smells fantastic, seems to be genuinely very high quality and helps so much with cooling off (I run hot and find heat stressful). The packaging was also adorable and handmade, which made me feel like a valued customer :)." —April Wilson
17. A sleek time-marked water bottle that says "hydration, but make it chic." Reviewers love this bottle not just for the chic frosted, minimalist look, but because it's super lightweight, leakproof, and motivational re: keeping yourself fully watered.
Promising review: "Saw it on TikTok and thought it would be a great bottle for work. It is very sleek and lightweight enough to carry when you have other items in your hand. I love the modern look and cleans very easily! The time increments really do motivate, definitely ordering again for myself and gifts. Fast delivery and very nice packaging." —Rosa
Get it from Amazon for $14.99+ (get this price by clipping the $7 off coupon on the product page; available in three colors and two sizes).
18. Or a hydration reminder water bottle attachment to instantly turn *any* water bottle into a time-marked version, so you can continue to use your beloved water bottles (and even switch them out during the day!) and actually remember to drink from them. This uses a sensor that lights up periodically depending on the last time you drank to remind you to take another sip.
Check out a TikTok of the hydration reminder attachment in action.
Promising review: "I purchased the Ulla because for some reason I cannot remember to drink enough water. I have had this for one week and it absolutely helps! Even though it's tiny, the light will grab your attention in an instant. My water intake has tripled, my skin is improving, and I feel better than normal. Definitely worth trying!" —Hope S.
Get it from Amazon for $25 (available in four colors).
19. An all-natural deodorant balm made with aloe, kaolin clay, and illipe butter — ingredients that help moisturize skin while absorbing excess oils — to finally banish all the residue and skin irritation from your regular brand once and for all.
Blk+Grn is a sustainable, Black-owned artisan marketplace established in 2017 featuring all-natural, environmentally-friendly Black-owned products across all categories, from home to beauty to groceries to menstrual care.
Promising review: "I attend Effect Fitness (a high intensity fitness studio in ATL). I have tried so many deodorants, and nothing has been able to tame the funk caused by ATL’s heat & Dooley’s workouts...until now. After multiple classes, I am still FRESH! I will continue to use this product because it helps keep the funk away, and the product smells lovely. Also, this product didn’t cause skin irritation, dark pits, or ruined clothes. I have only used this product for about two weeks, but so far so good." —Teshia F.
Get it from Blk+Grn for $12 (available in Lavender and Extra Strength).
20. A pair of adjustable Bala Bangles, a chic, minimalist weight you can wear on your wrists or ankles to help get an extra boost out of a workout or a walk around the neighborhood by adding resistance to your muscles.
Check out a TikTok of the Bala Bangles in action!
Promising review: "It's like free and easy exercise! I wear them almost all day long and in less than two weeks see a noticeable difference in my upper arms. I haven't tried them on my ankles but don't feel the need to. I have the charcoal color which blends best with winter workout gear but will probably get a lighter color come spring. Such a great product." —A.R.E.
Get it from Amazon for $37.25+ (available in 13 styles).
21. A pack of Dr. Frederick's Original Better Blister Bandages, aka the blister whisperers — if you're someone who tends to get blisters when your feet sweat in the heat, you'll want to invest in these. These waterproof bandages don't just protect blisters, but are designed to actively help heal them (and significantly reduce the pain from friction!).
Each pack comes with bandages to fit your heel, toe, and foot. People who wear heels also recommend these!
As a blister-prone human, I swear by these. A few years ago, before I invested in these running socks that prevent blisters, I got a blister on my big toe so unspeakably large and painful that I am cringing even TYPING about it, and no amount of rest from running seemed to heal it; it just kept coming back. I finally used one of these bandages, and the pain was virtually gone from the moment I put it on. It was also so airtight that nothing got inside, and it didn't loosen in the shower. You're supposed to take it off when it loses adhesive so it can come off gently without disturbing the blister if it hasn't fully healed yet. After using two of these in a row over the course of a week and a half, my blister was finally healed up enough that it stopped coming back.
Get it from Amazon for $12.82 (available in four types of packs).
22. A set of exercise dice for those moments you go to exercise in the park and are completely uninspired to come up with a regimen of your own.
Such Fun Goods is a Texas-based Etsy shop established in 2017 that specializes in unique handmade items.
Promising review: "Such a fun, unique item to add to a workout. It definitely adds a motivating element. They are great quality, and I am so glad I purchased." —Amanda May
23. A lightweight, portable progress-tracking jump rope that's not only durable and designed for ease of use, but also keeps track of how long you've been jumping and how many jumps you've gotten in to give you an accurate assessment of your workout at the end, whether you're bopping along for 10 quick minutes during your lunch break or going for a full sweat sesh.
Promising review: "It should come as no surprise in 2021 that I bought this thanks to a TikTok influencer, and honestly, I'm glad I did. I wanted a way to exercise that was both fun and did not include going into a gym (where literally no ones wears a mask), and a jump rope seemed the perfect solution. I love the counter — that was the draw — but it also counts your calories and the amount of time that you've spent jumping to track your progress. I will say jumping rope is not as easy as I remember as a child, but I'm excited to continue using this product and get better and better at it. Definitely worth the purchase." —Nicole Osti
Get it from Amazon for $12.70 (available in seven colors).
24. A sleek pair of sports sunglasses designed to stay put on your head without hurting your temples — a perfect way to get sun protection *and* flex a casual "cast me in your action movie" look at the same time.
Promising review: "Bought these for running, 10/10. They are lightweight and fit just snug enough to make them feel secure but not uncomfortable. The wrap-around lens gives excellent sun protection. The case is very durable and keeps them clean and secure when not in use. While I bought these for running I have started to use them when mowing the lawn as they give such good coverage over the eyes when on the zero turn. I have been a runner since junior high and still enjoy it. I run typically three times a week. These are the best running sunglasses I have ever used. I also like the look of the orange reflective tint. I may just buy another pair for the tractor and leave one pair dedicated to running. In short would definitely buy again." —mark gosling
Get it from Amazon for $21.98 (available in 12 styles).
25. A four-pocket FlipBelt destined to become any outdoor exerciser's best friend — it's designed to hold items like your phone, keys, and ID without bouncing or budging, and it's also reflective if you're out early or late at night.
Psst — it's also machine washable and dryable!
Check out a TikTok of the FlipBelt in action!
Promising review: "Love love love my FlipBelt. I cannot stand arm bands so for the past year, I have been running while holding my phone (I know, awful). I was running with my coworker and she suggested I get a running belt. Having run a couple of half marathons in the past, I have used running belts but they tend to bounce around and just be an annoyance. I happened to stumble on the FlipBelt on Amazon and had to give it a try. It fits my iPhone 7 that has an OtterBox on it, and did not budge once during my six-mile run. At the four-mile mark, I even tried adjusting it because I thought there's no way this thing is staying in place so well, and it was still in the exact same spot as when I started my run. I also noticed I was able to run faster than usual and I think it's because I was concentrating on holding my phone with its massive case on it. If you're in between sizes, I suggest going a size down. Can't wait to wear this for my upcoming half-marathons in the fall!" —kel07
Get it from Amazon for $24.54+ (available in XXS–XXL and 11 colors).