Just 49 Inexpensive Things To Give Your Bedroom A Bit Of An Upgrade
This adorable pom-pom blanket will transform your bed so fast you'll want to get it in every color.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A calming artificial eucalyptus wall hanging to add some ~~zen~~ to your bedroom space and make that morning alarm feel a little less like the universe reached out and hit you in the face.
2. A rainbow prism suncatcher you can easily hang indoors or out to refract sunlight and make a bunch of teensy little rainbows all over the place, like your bedroom is your own little magical realm.
3. A pom-pom throw bright enough to add a pop of color to your favorite corner of the room and soft enough to inspire some accidentally-on-purpose weekend naps.
4. A ridiculously popular set of breathable, cooling bed sheets that have amassed over 93,000 5-star reviews (and come in so many colors you could build a rainbow).
5. Plus a set of bed bands to lock your fitted sheets neatly into place once and for all, so you can finally get the peaceful, untangled sleep you deserve every night.
6. An incredibly sleek, TikTok-famous rotating digital alarm clock — it may look small and trendy, but it comes complete with two USB ports, plus an input port, PLUS a mirrored screen, so it'll also save plenty of space on your nightstand.
7. A set of off-white sheer curtains to add a bit of sophisticated flair to your windows, but still let the sunlight stream in. Honestly, these are so pretty that Maria von Trapp would 11/10 pull them down and make a bunch of fancy matching outfits out of them.
8. A teensy cereal-and-milk-themed candle with an entirely customizable scent so Adult You and Kid You can have a moment of solidarity whenever you light it up on Saturday mornings for breakfast in bed ☀️🥣❤️.
9. A bunch of teensy macaron boxes for a delightful upgrade to every corner of your bedroom, whether it's storing pills or trinkets or just staring at them looking all fancy and French on your bedside table.
10. An eye-catching moon phase garland that'll catch the sunlight streaming in through your window and make the room look like ~magic~.
11. Plus a set of pastel glow-in-the-dark stars to add some intergalactic whimsy to your space (also not a bad idea for gently lighting up the bathroom at night!).
12. A The Office door sign any fan of the show deserves to hang outside their bedroom-but-also-home office for authenticity's sake (after all, you miss 100% of the signs you don't hang).
13. A lush double-sided shaggy faux-fur duvet set to really make a statement — the statement being, of course, "I am never leaving my bedroom again, and as this duvet has emotionally replaced all the humans in my heart."
14. A pretty pastel mug warmer that'll keep your tea and coffee warm on the bedside table for you while you're taking your sweeeeeet sweet time to emerge from your covers on the weekend.
15. A set of gorgeous Taylor Swift-themed printables to hang above your record player or the Designated Folklore Listening Corner of your room.
16. A vintage-inspired storage ottoman for some ~sneaky storage~ to help de-clutter your bedroom (and make for a perfect way to kick up your feet at your desk).
17. A modern mirror display to help open up the space a bit more and let you flex some creativity deciding how you want to arrange it.
18. A foolproof glass bedside tumbler you will be especially grateful for when you wake up parched as SpongeBob on land in the middle of the night. I personally swear by this water bottle for drinking at night, because the straw gives you easy, uncomplicated access when you don't want to overthink things so hard you fully wake yourself up, and the firm lid makes you soooo much less likely to spill all over yourself.
19. A waterproof, stain-resistant faux marble granite adhesive you can use on an old desk to magic it into a sleeker, brand-new version that'll make you proud to take flatlays on.
20. A woven seagrass basket you can put a lil' potted plant in and stage anywhere in your room (this is my emotional support succulent, ma'am).
21. A plush memory foam mattress topper to quickly transform any old spring mattress into an oasis — this helps distribute your weight on your mattress more evenly to reduce pressure on your joints, so you're less likely to toss and turn.
22. A floating hidden bookshelf that'll more than earn its keep — not only is it a fun way to show off and organize your favorite books, but it has an undeniably cool effect that looks like it took a *lot* more effort and money than it actually does.
23. A set of satin pillowcases – not only will it look lovely on your bed, but it might actually help your 'do. Fabrics like satin create less friction for your hair, which may spare you those first ten minutes you spend every morning trying to find your face out from under the tangles. Win-win-WIN.
24. A record/magazine/Cool Stuff holder that'll not only help you organize your your books and records, but will give you the opportunity to make your favorite things part of the decor.
25. A set of corduroy pillow covers that'll accent your bed or cozy up your favorite reading chair (which, thanks to these, just became your favorite napping chair).
26. A sophisticated mini ceramic vase you can get in one of three minimalist designs to *instantly* elevate a bookshelf or nightstand.
27. A set of fairy lights that will add so much whimsy to your windows or the back of your bed that the universe will basically demand you Instagram Story them at least thrice a day.
28. A leaf-shaped trinket dish you can leave on your bedside table to collect all your glittery odds and ends before you go to sleep, like a well-accessorized wood nymph.
29. A mini retro speaker that can wirelessly connect to your devices, so you can prop it on your nightstand and take calls or play music from it while you lounge in bed. Plus, it can operate on a rechargeable battery, so you can even take it from room to room and keep your playlists movin' and groovin'.
30. A laundry hamper so understated that it can basically hide all your gross gym clothes in plain sight. If your laundering needs are covered, you can also use it as a storage option for clean sheets and pillows.
31. A boba tea light complete with ITTY BITTY BOBA on the inside that actually roll around, because honestly, this is the roommate we all deserve.
32. A wall decal that will make your bedroom look like it fell out of the pages of a storybook — all of the perks of Rapunzel's castle, sans the 18 years of knotted hair and casual imprisonment.
33. A set of trendy clear tiered organizing cubes to organize all your favorite things in a much more chic, spacious way than a full-on shelf would — not to mention a heck of a lot cheaper than a full-on shelf, too.
34. A set of minimalist hooks for a uniform, orderly way to show off your favorite accessories and precious plant babies, aka the lights of your life.
35. A four-piece sock and underwear organizer to spare you the indignity of rooting around your dresser drawers every morning looking for that one! specific! bra!! that is *definitely* in there somewhere. (The comfy one, to be clear.)
36. An insulated soundproofing strip that easily sticks to the outer rims of your bedroom door so you no longer have to fall asleep to sound of your roommate Skyping from the living room (or vice versa).
37. An over-the-door hanging purse organizer that will not only hold all your bags, but will ROTATE 360 degrees around, so you can put on a lil' fashion show for them every day. The 83 tote bags on my closet floor are shaking.
38. A set of clear drawer organizers that will finally force you to reckon with the abyss of your dresser and nightstand "junk drawers" once and for all. Start with the makeup one, move onto the technology one, and then — if you dare — tackle the one with all the hair ties, too.
39. A catty-corner shelf for some of your baubles and plants, because honestly, your nightstand and your desk are tired of pulling all the organization weight for all the other furniture in your room.
40. A blank acrylic dry erase board you can install by the side of your bed as an easy way to keep track of your schedule for the week, or writing motivational messages to yourself like "Please make sure all the Goldfish crackers end up in your mouth and not all over your bed."
41. A set of stackable trays in pretty pastels and geometric designs that are as versatile as they are cute — you can use them to display jewelry *or* rest snacks on while you're munching in bed.
42. A set of velvet closet hangers designed to cling ever so slightly to your clothes, both so the clothes stay put more firmly on the hanger, and so they flatten a bit to reduce the bulk of some of your clothing (hello, all 10,000 of my oversized flannels) takes up.
43. Plus an S-shaped hanger specifically designed for pants, scarves, and towels if you want to drastically free up those crammed dresser drawers by giving their contents a new home.
44. A set of decorative succulents so you can have all the pride of being a plant parent without the burden of actually, y'know, keeping them alive.
45. A bedside caddy that pretty much makes your bulky nightstand look like a CLOWN for taking up a bunch of much-needed floor space. This will do the trick by holding all your essentials like electronics, pills, and glasses so they're always at the tips of your fingers.
46. A floral tapestry to help tie the room together and make it that much cozier, especially now that there isn't just a giant blank space behind your bed.
47. An elegant glass reed diffuser to radiate instant calm in your space, both from the lush scents you can choose from and the diffuser's chic design.
48. An eye-catching hanging shelf to bring some order to the plants you keep collecting like Pokémon cards in the '90s. (Bulbasaur vibes ONLY.)
49. A leaning ladder for a chic way to store blankets, purses, and accessories (and also flex that you do, in fact, have *excellent* taste in drape-able things). A lot of reviewers also used this to replace The Chair, or that one spot in your room where you leave your "I'm going to wear this again, but wash it soon" clothes.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.