37 Products For Your Home That Are Anything But Boring
Behold the majesty of this levitating planter and these mermaid-core seashell plates.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A rainbow prism suncatcher you can easily hang indoors to refract sunlight and make a bunch of teensy little rainbows all over the place, adding a subtle touch of magic in your space 🌈.
2. A clever twist-bottom flower vase designed so you can drain water through the base before replacing it, and twist the base off completely to trim the stems so the flowers will last longer. This is truly the Proud Plant Parent flex of the century.
Check out a TikTok of the twist-off vase in action.
Promising review: "Most genius vase. The flowers last so much longer, because you can change the water and snip the stems, to keep bacteria from growing and killing your flowers. It’s also beautiful as a vase itself, super modern and chic." —Eliezer Labkowsky
Get it from Amazon for $35.99+ (get this price by clipping the 10% off coupon; available in five colors and two sizes).
3. A Yonanas fruit soft serve maker that magics any frozen fruit into an ice cream or sorbet texture so you can have a yummy frozen treat made to your *precise* favorite fruit combos. A lot of folks with dietary restrictions swear by this to get their ice cream kicks!
Promising review: "I saw one of these in action at a friend's house like five years ago and thought it was just a made up memory, because making ice cream out of solely frozen fruit seems wild. But when I saw a TikTok about it I immediately went to Amazon and bought it. Literally this was the BEST decision of my life. I cannot believe still how amazing this thing is! It makes the creamiest, best tasting fruit ice cream ever. It’s easy to take apart and clean, and super easy to use." —DMCKAY
Get it from Amazon for $49.99 (available in five colors).
4. A plug-in color-shifting mushroom light for anyone whose little cottagecore heart could use an extra dose of cozy in their room.
Promising review: "I LOVE this night-light. It's in my bathroom and is a lovely addition. It turns off the second the lights go on which is nice that I don't have to worry about accidentally leaving it on. Super cute and the little itty-bitty lighting element does a good job lighting, just enough so I don't have to turn the main lights on in the middle of the night." —1Thand
Get it from Amazon for $5.97.
5. A shatterproof silicone LED lightbulb built to last over 13 (!!!) years — not only is this option more environmentally-friendly and cost-saving than standard glass bulbs, but so much safer for folks with kids or rambunctious animals, who are the number one culprits in the household sport of Knocking Over Lamps. These also stay cool even when they're lit, and are so breakproof that they bounce when they're dropped!
IncrediBulb is a California-based small business that specializes in shatterproof silicone LED lightbulbs for home and recreational use.
Reviewers mentioned that is also a great "travel" bulb if you're camping or don't like hotel lighting!
Promising review: "These lightbulbs are super cool! They really don't break if you drop them (so of course I had to 'accidentally' drop one when I first showed them to my husband — his expression was worth the price of the bulbs!), and they emit smooth, steady light. I was always terrified while replacing the incandescent bulbs above my bathroom vanity, fearful of dropping or crushing them in the process, but that's not a problem with these bulbs. They're also brighter than the old bulbs, which is great for a vanity light, and as far as I've been able to tell, they don't put out any noticeable heat. Yes, they're quite pricey, but in theory, they won't need to be changed for 13 years! Can't quite believe that, but so far I'm very happy with these lightbulbs." —Cheri
Get a three-pack from The Grommet for $12.32+ (originally $18.95+; available in two lighting styles and in six-packs).
6. A trio lasagna pan designed so that every single piece is a crispy "edge piece," and people in the family with different lasagna preferences can customize their own versions (sometimes you just gotta drown the whole thing in cheese, you dig me?).
FYI, you can 6,000% use these for brownies, blondies, and bread too.
Promising review: "As someone who has a child (now a teenager) that will not eat any form of cheese, this pan is amazing! I typically avoid making any food that has cheese mixed into it but now I can make him a section without cheese and the rest of us our regular cheesy goodness. Another benefit to this pan is how well the portions slice. One cut with the spatula gives you a perfectly formed square. Each section makes four regular-sized portions for our family." —TLC
Get it from Amazon for $15.99.
7. A rose gold rechargeable electric lighter you can use to replace all your old gas ones. This one is not only chic as heck, but completely flameless, and made with a long stem so you can use it to light gas burners and larger candles without dealing with an open flame.
This also comes in other pretty colors, but I am especially partial to this one because I bought it for my parents (their kitchen is entirely pink and one of my favorite places on Earth), and this was SO EASY to use — not to mention super safe! I'm a big weenie about fire (LOL, self-preservation) so I've always stuck to extended-arm gas lighters, but this is much better for the environment (plus cuter), so I feel a lot better about using it. You can read my full review of the Leejie electric lighter for more deets!
Promising review: "Works like a charm. I saw this on a TikTok. Knew immediately that I needed it. I love candles and this is so much better than a match or lighter. It’s kept a charge for months. I use it several times a month." —dwhite3012
Get it from Amazon for $9.99 (available in five colors).
8. A cult-favorite ~secret~ popcorn salt that anyone in the movie theater industry will tell you is a perfect dupe for that oh-so-savory buttery goodness you love to inhale before the previews begin. Not to be dramatic about popcorn on main, but this stuff is game changing.
Our family recently unearthed this because beloved To All The Boys I've Loved Before author Jenny Han mentioned that it was her secret to delicious popcorn, and it may have just wrecked me for other at-home popcorn for the rest of my life. It genuinely tastes just as salty and buttery and savory as fresh movie theater popcorn. I inhaled it so fast that every single one of my organs lit up in mild alarm.
Promising review: "I am a person who will make myself sick eating buckets of popcorn (I have no self control). This has by far been my favorite 'TikTok made me buy' item. My at-home popcorn is now my favorite thing to make and I don't need to go the theater for popcorn. Very much worth the purchase and this will last me such a long time." —S Martinez
Get it from Amazon for $10.10 (available in two other flavors).
9. An eye-catching moon phase garland that'll give some balance to the space above your bed (and inspire you to get up in the morning by ~reaching for the moon~).
Promising review: "I'm an incoming freshman this fall and I bought this to add some personality to my dorm. It has beyond exceeded my expectations! I placed it directly on top of my dorm bed as shown in the display photos and am so pleased with how it looks. It fits perfectly with the gray/white color scheme I was going for and have received numerous compliments from both my friends and RAs when they've visited. I cannot stress enough how much of an 'aesthetic feel' it adds to my dorm." —jhsgf
Get it from Amazon for $17.99.
10. A bottle of Mike's Hot Honey, a miracle condiment you can add to any boring "blah" meal you're making at home to instantly make it taste like the nectar of the gods.
TBH, this stuff can be slathered on anything, but pro tip while you're here: Drizzle it on grilled cheese.
Promising review: "This is now a staple for my kitchen. How I cooked without it before, I'll never know. Makes the best vinaigrette ever and quick pan sauces for pork; plus, it adds unexpected zip to dozens of dishes. Does it come in gallons? Have given it as hostess gifts several times, and everyone gets hooked." —Martha Ronemus
Check out BuzzFeed's review of Mike's Hot Honey for more info!
Get it from Amazon for $10.99.
11. A The Office door sign any fan of the show deserves to hang outside their home office area for authenticity's sake (after all, you miss 100% of the signs you don't hang).
12. A spooky skull-shaped ice mold, because honestly, if we're all gonna become TikTok bartenders now, we might as well be metal as heck about it.
Pro-tip: these molds also work for making soaps, birthday candles, chocolate, and fondant, covering all your miscellaneous undead needs.
Promising review: "Got these to make ice cubes for a Halloween party. It's very easy to use and easy to clean. The cubes come out perfectly. I'm probably going to try to use it to make chocolate skulls next." —Amazon Customer
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $8.99.
13. A bunch of teensy macaron boxes for a delightful upgrade to many things in your life, whether it's storing pills or trinkets or just staring at them looking all fancy and French on your bedside table.
Promising review: "Just received these cute little boxes and am in love with them. Very thick and sturdy plastic but easy enough to open. These will work perfectly for filling solid perfumes and giving out as stocking stuffer gifts as I don't have to worry about it being a snug fit/lid falling off. I imagine these would also be great for pretend food for kids' playsets or for a kid's trinket box. Overall I love them, love their feel, love the colors and am very happy." —Mary
Get a set of six from Amazon for $6.99.
14. A mushroom growing kit that grows right there in the packaging, so you can add some sweet, sweet umami flavors to new dishes by sautéing, roasting, or air frying them up.
Back To The Roots is a California-based small business founded by two college friends that specializes in indoor gardening kits with a mission to reconnect families to food.
Psst — if you have not put mushrooms in your air fryer, my friend, you have not yet lived the full human experience. Also this growing kit comes with some recipes to get you started!
Promising review: "This product has been so much fun to watch! I followed the directions, exactly as written, and the mushrooms began growing within 3–4 days. I will say that I did soak them for close to 10 hours before putting them back in the box to grow and I believe this helped a ton. I also kept the box inside by a window with the blinds closed in order for them to get indirect sunlight. The mushrooms grew tremendously for almost a week before they started to shrink so I clipped them to cook with and they were DELICIOUS! This was such a fun product and process to watch. I am now in the process of trying to get a second batch of shrooms from the same box. Fingers crossed!" —Steph A
Get it from Amazon for $19.36 (available in three varieties).
15. A waffle bowl maker that doubles as a burrito bowl maker, because why eat dinner and dessert out of a regular bowl when you can EAT the bowl instead??
Promising review: "This is the ninth Dash mini appliance I've bought and I love it. It's small, enough for one person. Easy to use. Easy to clean. Heats up pretty quickly. It doesn't take too long to cook my waffle bowl. I've only done it using shredded cheese and a couple of minutes was all it needed. Need to try it with other stuff, but so far, I'm happy with it." —Geovanny and Doris
Get it from Amazon for $19.99 (available in four colors).
16. A bottle of one of Hot N Saucy's unique hot sauces so you can take your taste buds on a happy lil' rollercoaster, from Sweet Potato N Habenero on your eggs in the a.m. to Garlic N Peperoncini on your veggies in the p.m.
17. A lovely LED butterfly solar wind chime that shifts colors as it moves, so you can let yourself get ~mesmerized~ by its calming glow.
18. A levitating planter you can use to extremely mess with your friends when they come over. "What do you mean it's spinning?" you ask, feigning concern. "Looks like a normal planter to me??"
19. A reversible Harry Styles dishwasher magnet to let folks in your home know whether the dishes in there are safe to use or waiting to get washed ("I don't wanna talk about who's doin' it first" —you avoiding putting the dishes away and waiting for someone else to step up).
Get it from Amazon for $10.99 (available in two other styles, although this is the only Harry Styles).
20. A space-saving, compact Ninja Foodi 2-in-1 Flip Toaster, which is basically what happens when a traditional toaster and a toaster oven have a deeply convenient baby. You can use it like a traditional toaster to make toast and bagels and English muffins, but *then* you can quite literally flip it over and use it as an oven to make cheesy toast, bagel bites, patties, and other crispy delicious things that require horizontal toasting.
Check out a TikTok of the flip toaster in action.
Promising review: "This toaster has become a must-have in my kitchen. Want a grilled cheese? Throw it in at 350 degrees for 8 minutes and come back when the timer is done! Want pizza rolls? 350 degrees for 10 minutes and then they’re done. This thing is so convenient and I love it when a device can do two or more things in one small package. Highly recommend!" —Ryan Chrum
Get it from Amazon for $99.99.