We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A dozen Magnolia Bakery cupcakes with frosting so buttery and decadent they'll be gone within the hour, whether your friend is socially-distancing with family or all on their own.
2. A truly iconic tortilla blanket so the Chipotle fan in your life can achieve the greatest aspiration of them all: becoming a human burrito.
3. A fast-growing birth month flower grow kit that will thrive indoors just like the rest of us finally getting through our Netflix queues — plus, once it gets big enough to plant outside, your friend can use the glass grower as a beautiful vase.
4. A five-year One Line A Day journal so your friend who keeps starting journals and then abandoning them can finally find something that sticks — one line a day is *super* low commitment (and imagine how satisfied they'll be looking back every year!).
5. A birthday cake in a mug complete with its own candle, so your friend can light it and boomie it for the perfect #StayHome birthday 'gram, and have the ideal mug for all future microwaveable cake needs.
6. A personalized Disney cup because birthdays are great, but glitter-filled hydrated birthdays are better. (Although I personally would not judge any birthday-haver for using this for bathtub wine.)
7. A tiny milk frother to make everything they drink taste like it was lovingly handcrafted by a barista.
8. A personalized claw clip that'll keep their hair out of their face and look gosh darn cute doing it.
9. Plus a birthday celebration tea filled with vanilla and fruity flavors to kick off your birthday shenanigans. The ideal quaran-tea to sip on your day of birth.
10. A personal library kit so they can streamline their massive book collection (*and* rest assured their buds will give them back that loaned copy of Bossypants).
11. A monogrammed notepad in an assortment of colors because they're a list-maker that deserves the best of the best. Their weekly to-do's and grocery lists just got a major upgrade.
12. A leak-proof sphere ice mold to make everything they drink feel so top shelf and fancy they may just spend the rest of quarantine writing a self-insert James Bond fan fiction.
13. A "because social distancing" wine glass they can use to toast to everyone in the Zoom birthday chat after y'all sing "Happy Birthday" in nine different (but no less enthusiastic!!) keys.
14. A "White Paw" dog toy you're legally obligated to gift to anyone who has uttered the words "No Laws When You're Drinking Claws" regardless of whether or not they have a dog.
16. A personalized long-distance BFF keychain to remind them you're not just thinking of them on their special day, but every day y'all are apart ❤️.
17. A Baked By Melissa birthday cupcake pack perfect for anyone whose favorite cake flavor is "all of them."
18. A zodiac sign ring dish to add a little bit of ~twinkle~ from their very own star sign to their nightstand.
19. A Tom Nook plush for the friend who is celebrating their birthday on a virtual island and can't be bothered to cut any birthday cake until they've assembled enough bells to pay rent.
20. A rose gold rechargeable electric lighter your candle-loving friend can use to replace all their old gas ones. This one is not only chic as heck, but completely flameless, and made with a long stem so they can use it to light gas burners and larger candles.
21. A little astrology-based book on self-care tailored to their sign, so they can unwind however the stars intended (*crosses fingers that "watch Netflix in the bath tub" is included*).
22. A gift set of seven crystal-infused soaps inspired by the seven chakras of your body so your bestie can partake in some seriously sudsy self care.
Crystal Bar Soap is a small biz that hand-makes vegan and cruelty-free crystal-infused bath products like soaps, bath bombs, and skincare.
Promising review: "This set is perfection! The scents and stones are right on for each chakra, and the beautiful box makes it perfect for gifting. Can't wait to pick up another to share." –Soojin C.
23. A gorgeous and relaxing paint-by-number with an end result so beautiful they'll want to frame it in the front hall 🌅.
25. A mesmerizing handblown glass birthstone wine stopper, so when they pop a bottle open on the Zoom party, they can seal the leftover Pinot in style.
26. An assortment of Milk Bar cookies from the iconic New York-based bakery, aka the ultimate birthday bragging right — ordinarily you have to stand in line for a bajillion years for one of these!
27. A customizable Glossier Balm Dotcom trio gift set full of ultra-hydrating, gorgeously subtle colors you can hand-pick for your friend — including a sparkly *birthday* balm.
28. A ticket stub collecting notebook so they have somewhere to store their favorite memories from concerts, movies, or theater shows, plus a little note section so they'll always have context for why it was so special.
29. A sloth tea infuser, since they'll be spending their birthday just ~hanging around~ the house anyway.
30. A cocktail subscription box so they can craft themselves a birthday drink so perfectly-tailored to their tastebuds that it'll rival anything they could have gotten out at a bar.
31. A pack of 18 colorful Dylan's Candy Bar chocolate squares, so they can kick back all through their birthday month with flavors ranging from S'mores to Milk Toffee Crunch to Dark Raspberry.
32. A personalized bracelet from BaubleBar you can customize with a message up to 12 characters (I personally recommend making four that say BEATS, BEARS, BATTLESTAR, and GALACTICA, but to each their own).
33. A Glossier face mask duo, so they'll have everything they'll need to make FaceTime a time for their face to shine.
34. A gorgeous yet minimalistic ceramic oil diffuser to rid their remote space of any yucky smells and, instead, fill it with the inviting aromas of their favorite essential oil blend.
You can also throw in an assortment of essential oils to truly top off the gift!
Promising review: "I’ve owned a variety of diffusers and this is the best one by far. It’s worth the price. The build quality is excellent and the stone cover is superb. The best part is that you don’t hear it running and it lasts all day (eight hours) and even into the evening. I’ve owned others of a similar style, but for some reason this one last twice as long on a single water fill. I absolutely love this purchase. I strongly recommend it if you’re looking for one." —HavoKS
Get it from Amazon for $39.99 (available in five colors)
35. A Tamagotchi, so they can channel their birthdays of '90s yore and celebrate by mopping up after a tiny digital creature that fits in the palm of their hand.
36. A cold brew coffee maker so gloriously easy to use that all they have to do is stick their favorite ground coffee in the filter, seal the airtight lid on top, and pop it in the fridge overnight. Boom, four cups of cold brew.
37. A birthday party candle so they can make a wish every time they blow it out. With notes of vanilla and butter cream, it will definitely give them a sugar rush.
39. A pair of glowing light saber chopsticks to bring balance to the Force *and* to their sushi — whether they're repping the dark side or the light.
40. A customizable phone case for your pet-parent friends that will make them feel an overwhelming amount of love and appreciation for their four-legged friend (more than they already do, of course).
41. A mini Canon smartphone printer because they have a headache from staring at a screen all day and need an excuse to look at something printed again.
42. A hanging disco ball planter that'll add some serious ambience to their weekend ragers (or when they blast some tunes and do some chores around the house and have a solo dance party).
Promising review: "This is the cutest little planter. Shipped quickly and it will be the perfect gift for my disco-ball-loving and plant-obsessed brother-in-law!" –Brianna Shine
43. A pair of crazy cool acrylic UFO earrings so your out-of-this-world bestie can add a statement-making accessory to their collection. These will also come in handy if your pal plans on dressing up as Ms. Frizzle for Halloween next year.
44. A Wreck This Journal, which is a book that's designed to be made a mess (in a fun, artistic way, of course). Each page will prompt your gift-ee to get creative, whether that be by creating a stain log with whatever they have on hand, or by poking holes though the paper using a pencil.
45. A wine glass holder for their bathroom so they can take a glass of b-day bubbly into their "tubbly" (or their shower, if they're not much of a bath person).
Promising review: "Bought this as a birthday present for my best friend. We often drink wine together and I know she often drinks wine in the bathtub. She loved this gift and thought it was quite entertaining and the perfect invention for her. If I had a bathtub I would be buying a second one for myself." —Ally Stage
Get it from Amazon for $10+ (available in four colors).
46. A birthday dessert drink kit to instantly transform their end-of-the-night cocktail or mocktail into something sweet and sprinkley (as everything should be on a b-day!).
All they'll have to do is grab a cube from one of the three flavors (Birthday Sprinkles, Confetti Cake, and Chocolate Birthday Cake), drop in their drink of choice, and enjoy a lil' celebration in a glass!
Promising review: "A very fun gift idea! Fun and quick cocktails for friends." –JE
Get it from Uncommon Goods for $30.