46 Problem-Solving Products That'll Make You Think "Oh That's Genius"
Not you feeling like a legit wizard with this electric lighter and wine headache-preventing drops.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A rechargeable, flameless electric lighter for everything from lighting your beloved three-wick candles do your gas burners — this is a much safer option than matches, and way more cost-effective and environmentally friendly than getting long-stemmed gas lighters.
It comes in other pretty colors, but I am especially partial to this one because I first bought it for my parents (their kitchen is entirely pink and one of my favorite places on Earth), and this is SO EASY to use — not to mention super safe! It worked like a charm on their stove, which needs to be lit by hand. I bought one for myself and have used it for all my candles now for over a year now. I'm a big weenie about fire (LOL, self-preservation) so I've always stuck to extended arm gas lighters, but this is much better for the environment (plus cuter), so I feel a lot better about using it. Read my full review of the Leejie electric lighter for more deets!
Promising review: "Wow. This thing is amazing. Small and so easy to use. My husband kept saying it won’t actually light anything and was blown away when it did. We lit candles and paper to use as tinder with absolutely no effort. No fuel needed. Just a quick recharging. And no waste in throwing away those huge and never easy to use butane sticks. Love love it. Easy buying process so I would recommend everyone buy one." —Diane Bold
Get it from Amazon for 10 (available in five colors).
2. A popular water-resistant Under Armour face mask with a unique design to let it sit off the lips, making it wayyyy comfier and more breathable than the disposable ones. It's also made with the company's Iso-Chill fabric, so it doesn't overheat despite being bulkier than other masks.
This mask has the approval of a *ton* of runners and athletes in its reviews, but also runners IRL. I run in Central Park four days a week and when the mask mandates were still in place, I was constantly seeing other runners in this mask. I have two of them in my own workout rotation, and I'm impressed not only by how well they stay in place and don't get over-sweaty and gross on long runs, but by how well they wash up and maintain their shape. The straps are super soft on your ears, too. I've gotten to used to straps chafing on longer runs that I was surprised by what a difference this made. I also recently traveled cross country by plane wearing mine, and a lot of other reviewers praised it for being comfy on long flights! I gifted one of these to my dad for Christmas, too, and it's his go-to for walks and errand running. It's just an overall easier mask to breathe in (while still maintaining a tight fit and keeping the people around you safe!).
Type Of Fit: Around-the-ear loops
Pocket For Filter: No
Fabric Type: Iso-Chill fabric
Shipping Time: Standard shipping
Get it from Amazon for $22.05+ (available in five sizes and six colors; for reference, I'm wearing the Small-Medium above).
3. Plus a pack of handy face masks with a window so people can see your entire facial expression or better read your lips — a lot of teachers of young children swear by these!
Promising review: "I work with kids that are deaf or hard of hearing so I have been trying many different types of clear masks/shields. In my opinion none of them can be completely 100% fog free, but this one does great! I like how it’s not too tight and your lips are touching the plastic, and the adjustable ear strap makes it easier to make it more comfortable to wear for long periods of time. I would definitely recommend!" —M Finch
Type Of Fit: Adjustable elastic loops
Pocket For Filter: No
Fabric Type: Cotton
Shipping Time: Amazon Prime
Get a pack of four from Amazon for $18.99 (available in four color combos and non-window versions).
4. A self-grooming cat toy so your cat can have a time ~feeling themselves~ and you can have an even better not finding hairballs all over your bedroom and whipping out the vacuum every three days.
You can easily mount this toy to a flat wall or a corner using the adhesive strips included, and even comes with a little bit of catnip you can put in it to initially attract 'em.
Promising review: "My cat Gambino Bambino would let you brush him bald!!! He loves to be groomed and comes running whenever the brush comes out. Though we love to accommodate, I know he wanted more. He was constantly rubbing his cheeks and ears on the corner of our walls to get even more scratching. I finally came across this product and knew he would love it! It took a little convincing but once he got a hang of it he’s been loving it! We have one in the living room, one in the kitchen, one at the top of the stairs and one in the guest room! He is having a great time!!! Very easy to put together and place on the wall." —T. Mangiacarina
Get it from Amazon for $4.99.
5. A jar of internet-beloved The Pink Stuff, which will truly do a number on everything from dirty stove tops to grimy sinks to caked-over ovens. A lot of people compare it to the Magic Eraser in paste form, so even your weirdest, most stubborn stains will meet their match.
Promising review: "Honestly I was very skeptical when I first purchased. Everyone on social media was talking about how amazing this product was for cleaning around the house and I just thought they were all jumping on some kind of band wagon. Of course I caved and had to try it for myself. Needless to say I’m very impressed! It removed stubborn mold and grime from my shower tile grout with use of a hard bristle tooth brush. It removed hard water stains from my sinks and faucets. I noticed it really does remove mineral build up, but it takes a lot of elbow grease and repetitive applications before you start seeing progress. The texture feels similar to when you mix honey with sugar to make a lip scrub, except it’s super fine grit and more pasty like putty or clay. It works amazing so far! No overpowering smell (barely any smell at all), easy to use, and a little product goes a long way. I haven’t tried it on rust yet so we’ll see how that goes. Over all very pleased and impressed so far. Highly recommend!" —Marissa
Get it from Amazon for $6.95.
6. A weekly pill organizer designed with push-through silicone lids to easily organize your pills at the beginning of the week without worrying about knocking it over while the lids are all open. Each pod also has a magnetized base, so you can easily remove it and replace it if you're on the move.
Sagely is a family-owned small business founded by husband-and-wife team Ellie Glazer and Ivor Miskulin, who spent three years designing the ideal, stress-free pill storage solution. The silicone lids are super secure, but also designed for gentle and easy opening and closing to account for users with dexterity issues.
Promising review: "I take nine prescriptions every day between my morning and nights. Add supplements to that and it equals a lot of pills. Until I found these, I wasn’t able find any organizer large enough. After I got and used the first of this organizer, I immediately ordered a second. I only have to set my meds up twice a month and they stay fresh, handy, and neat. And when traveling, you can leave the rack at home and just toss the individual modules in your suitcase with no fear of them opening and dumping your meds all over your clothes. I highly recommend this system." —Bernice
7. A bottle of Drop It, a natural wine sulfate and tannin remover that works its magic on your glass in just 20 seconds, so you can finally enjoy a glass of Pinot knowing you've spared yourself the infamous Post-Wine Headache or allergic reactions.
It's also a lot more cost-effective and environmentally-friendly than wine wands or other competitors — a single bottle of this can be used to treat up to 55 glasses of wine, as opposed to wands that can only do a few glasses each before they get tossed. Drop It recommends 1-2 drops for each glass of white wine, 2-3 for a glass of red, and 7-9 if you're treating the whole bottle at once. Once it's in the glass, swirl lightly for 20 seconds, and you should be raring to go!
Promising review: "For many years, I have been that friend that always says 'no thanks, I can't drink wine.' Even one small small glass would give me the worst migraine. So I gave up. Several weeks ago, I happened across an ad for Drop It and thought I might as well give it a shot. I took a big risk the day it arrived and had two huge glasses of red wine that I knew would give me a massive migraine the next day. It just so happened I had a midterm that next morning too — so the stakes were high. I woke up feeling fantastic. Since then I have repeated the experiment (to make sure it wasn't a fluke) and found that no matter how much wine I drink, as long as I use the drops, I don't have a migraine the next day. I'm so pleased to have found something that makes wine drinking possible and enjoyable again! I have nothing but great things to say about the product. It's easy to use and very discreet. I visited some friends last week and we spent a few hours at a wine bar. It was easy to add my drops. I took a small taste of the wine before adding the drops and found that it did not alter the taste at all. Thanks for a great product and a great buying experience. I will be back for more." —Mackenzie
Get it from Amazon for $14.99.
8. A pack of the internet-beloved Mighty Match Pimple Spot Treatment, a hydrocolloid sticker that you can apply straight onto an aching zit to flatten it, reduce redness, and even suck the gunk out of individual trouble spots so it doesn't feel the soreness is radiating around half your face anymore.
Promising review: "I’m not typically one to write a review but these are so awesome I have to. I had a whitehead pimple the other day that was sore — like, it hurt — and I put one of these on and it was like instant relief. Left it on overnight and next morning it’s all sucked out. The day after it’s a little dry on the spot where I had a gross pimple the day before, but it’s gone. So awesome. Worth it." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $12.99.
9. A pack of NeuroGum to help with the weird afternoon work slump you get once the sun starts peacing out earlier in the evening. This is made with a blend of caffeine and nootropics, designed to give you energy five times faster than regular coffee — *without* jitters or sluggishness afterward.
Promising review: "As a medical student this has been an amazing addition to my daily study regimen. Same amazing boost as the Diet Coke and coffee I used to chug, but without the jitters, crash/headache, or teeth staining. It's become my new go-to for staying awake and alert in the OR or on the wards. Highly recommend for anyone who needs a pick-me-up but doesn't want that 'wired' sensation you get from coffee." —R. Sardesai
Get a nine-pack with six pieces of gum each from Amazon for $21.
You can read BuzzFeeder Kayla Suazo's full review of NeuroGum for more deets!
10. An all-in-one measuring cube just as good at multi-tasking as you — this one compact utensil measures 19 different portions, including imperial *and* metric, and also happens to be dishwasher- and microwave-safe.
Each cube measures *deep breath*: 1 cup, ½ cup, ⅓ cup, ¼ cup, 2 tbsp, 1 tbsp, ½ tbsp, 1 tsp, ½ tsp, ¼ tsp, 120 mL, 80 mL, 60 mL, 30 mL, 15 mL, 7.5 mL, 5 mL, 2.5 mL, and 2 mL.
Promising review: "First of all I gotta say, I don’t cook much and if there’s something I hate after cooking is having to wash all the bunch of utensils I have to use once I use them. This cube has been amazing, I don’t have to wash a million utensils over and over, it’s very easy to use, easy to clean and it’s very handy to use for when I’m meal-prepping for the week. I bought this out of curiosity and ended up enjoying it a lot. If a regular guy like me is enjoying it, I’m sure it would be a great tool for people who cook or bake on a regular basis." —Daniel Matajira
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.
11. A snap-on pasta strainer to free your pasta from its hot juices straight from the pot, and spare you storage space boot (is it just me or are colanders always in the business of being exactly in the way of whatever it is you need?). Psst — these are also a game-changer for washing your fruit, too!
Promising review: "I've owned this for about six months, and I couldn't imagine cooking without it. I hate strainers. They are bulky and fill up the dishwasher, I'm lazy, whatever. This strainer is a lifesaver. Clip it on your pan, strain, and voila! And it is so easy to clean. A little hot water and it's good to go for the next round. I highly recommend this gadget, it will retire your current strainer." —Viola Evens
Get it from Amazon for $12.46 (available in four colors).
12. A delightful little tool called the "Bug Bite Thing" that suctions on all kinds of bug bites to reduce swelling, itchiness, and redness.
This works on mosquitoes, bees, wasps, biting flies, sea lice, and more (although TBH, if this list of bugs gets any longer I may just stay indoors forever!!).
Promising review: "I discovered this item on TikTok and found it to be quite interesting. I was skeptical to purchase at first but decided to give it a try since my kid’s bug bites swell and are incredibly itchy. I’m amazed at how well it works. Tried it the other night on my daughter’s mosquito bite, and it provided immediate relief. The swelling around the bite went down and itching stopped after a minute or two. It’s easy to use. It does leave a round imprint on the skin but disappears after a couple of minutes. My 9-year-old daughter uses it on her own bug bites. I have recommended this to family and friends who are considering purchasing the product. Love it!" —Garima Chauhan
Get it from Amazon for $9.95.
13. A trio lasagna pan so everyone in the fam (including those with particular food sensitivities or aversions!) can have the *precise* kind of lasagna or brownie they'd like. It's also designed so all of your edges are so perfectly crisped it will taste like Remy from Ratatouille cut them with his own discerning, bougie eyes.
FYI, you can 6,000% use these for brownies, blondies, and bread, too. This is also great for making several kinds of lasagna at once, if you and other fam members have different preferences!
Promising review: "I loved everything about this pan. It's versatile, I can put three different cake mixes in each well, or meat loaves, etc. I really love this pan! A very happy customer." —Lisa F.
Get it from Amazon for $17.99.
14. A facial applicator brush to make your nightly skincare routine *so* much tidier — this helps you evenly spread the product on your face without also spreading it all between your fingers and under your nails while you're at it.
Promising review: "I absolutely love these. I saw them on TikTok and ordered them right away. I've been using them for months now and they make applying masks so much easier. I get a much more even application than I did with my hands or with other brushes. Extremely easy to use, clean, and store. Love love love!" —Caterina
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $3.78.
15. A dishwasher magnet so nobody ever has to do the awkward guessing game of "what is the current status of this plate I want to eat off of" (or worse, nobody accidentally puts a bunch of dirty dishes away 😬).
16. A pair of super-comfy period-proof underwear designed to hold two tampons' worth of period blood. Not only are these a great alternative to pads and tampons, they're also ideal for overnight protection (you can pair them with a pad if you have a heavy flow) and for people who are worried about ~leakage~ during sports or physical activities — I personally always wear period-proof undies when I go on runs on my period and it has been a MASSIVE godsend.
Also, unlike your regular undies, you don't have to scrub the blood out of these. They're designed so it rinses right out in the sink with soap and warm water, and can get tossed in the washer and dryer from there. You can read the rest of my review on Bambody period underwear for more deets!
Psst — reviewers love these undies, but suggest sizing up!
Promising review: "These are WONDERFUL!! They are super comfortable, soft, have a mild compression to them, breathable, great coverage, not bulky at all, and super absorbent!! You don’t get that metallic blood scent coming through either which I was super skeptical about. So the packaging states that they recommend using these as a backup to another period product like a cup, but I tested the hell out of these babies for my entire period as the only form of protection and left my cup in its drawer. I’m in my 30s. I’m not a super-heavy bleeder but I do have fairly heavy days. For the test I used one panty per day (24 hours) and never once had a leak, wetness feel, smell, felt uncomfortable or had bulkiness. When I rinsed them out in the sink after the 24-hour test the amount of blood was astonishing. As you rinse it there’s definitely that old-blood kind of metallic smell. Then I just washed them on the gentle cycle and air dried them. Super easy, does take a long time to air dry though. I’ll likely buy more so that I can have daytime and nighttime sets." —Becky
Get it from Amazon for $14.90+ (available in sizes XS–6XL, two colors, and in three-packs).
17. A super-soft Makeup Eraser to wipe makeup right off your face like a human whiteboard, using nothing but water and a gentle scrub. I've been using one for a few months now and not only has it *drastically* cut down my routine and saved money on makeup remover, but it definitely digs deeper into my pores than other washcloths have in the past.
It's got two sides — one that can wipe off all your makeup with water and a light scrubbing, and another that exfoliates your skin. Plus, all you have to do when you're done using it is wet it and hang it up to dry! No more wasting money on icky washcloths that hurt your skin!!! I can hear your pores singing from here.
Promising review: "This did exactly what it claims to do. I use some warm water on a little part and my whole makeup comes off, even mascara! I used to always buy makeup wipes and this has saved me so much money. I just throw it in with the laundry and it’s perfect. I’ve been using it for over six months now and it hasn’t failed me at all; it’s worth the money!!" —Sharmin Rahman
Get it from Amazon for $20 (available in five colors).
18. A container of "Museum Gel," a clear adhesive that cat owners and parents swear by — you can apply this to the bottom of glass or crystal to keep it locked in place on a surface, and it won't leave any residue behind.
Psst — people who sell jewelry like rings and want to balance them on a surface for photos also swear by this!
Promising review: "Saw this on TikTok and I honestly absolutely love it. I use it to keep my drawer organizers from sliding around. This stuff is amazing and I wish I had known about it forever ago." —Abby
Get it from Amazon for $11.70.
19. An adorable multipurpose nursing cover you can also use as a car seat cover, stroller cover, and high chair cover, made in unique soft jersey fabric patterns that are easily washable and long-lasting.
Spiltmilk is a North Carolina-based, woman-owned small business established in 2020 that specializes in custom nursery design and parenting products.
Promising review: "I love how soft this feels. I’ve used it for breast feeding and to cover my stroller. It’s been the best thing. I love the colors!" —Marleny Aguilar
20. A set of stackable stick-shaped ice molds reviewers looooove because the ice is narrow enough to plop into their water bottles, whether they're using plain ice or juice as a flavor enhancer. Plus the shape is super fun to use to make chocolate sticks!
Promising review: "I got these to make ice cubes that I could fit into hot water bottles to make 'cold water bottles.' I'm in the big heat wave and it's been over 100 every day for the last week, with no sign of it letting up any time soon. These are quick and easy and the cold water bottles have been the only thing helping me sleep in a room anywhere between 80 and 90 degrees at night. I love the lids! It makes my ice trays easy to stack and more secure. I wish all ice trays came with lids like this!" —AJ Stark
Get a set of three from Amazon for $9.99.
21. A popular microwave pasta cooker to make cooking pasta somehow...even...easier? This gizmo will solve all your "but I don't have *time* to cook dinner" woes forever, because truly all you have to do is put water and dry noodles in it, hit the microwave buttons, and strain it right out of the container. Noodles on noodles, y'all.
Promising review: "I don't want to get all gushy over a pasta maker, but man...I really love this gizmo! I try to limit my monthly food expenditures and the Fasta Pasta helps me work in at least one inexpensive pasta meal every week. If not more. First of all, I like spaghetti — either with normal Prego-type sauce or sometimes just with butter and Romano cheese sprinkled on. But I'm lazy and impatient and don't like things that take a long time to make, with a bunch of steps, and a big clean up afterwards. The Fasta Pasta is perfect for me. I get the exact amount of correctly-measured spaghetti; it's faster than boiling water in a big pot then having to watch and stir the pasta; the pasta comes out perfectly cooked every time; and the cleanup is a snap. No big pot; no colander; no spaghetti fork to lift out the pasta. Just the easy to clean Fasta Pasta, and a pot to heat up the sauce. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!" —Smilin Sam
Get it from Amazon for $16.99.
22. A set of fast-acting Keurig cleaner pods you can simply put through a cycle on the machine to get rid of all the crusted on grinds and residue that are *definitely* affecting the taste of your coffee, even if you haven't noticed over time.
23. A 3D mouth bracket that clips to the inside of your face mask to keep you from breathing in fabric (especially important for someone like me who talks a million miles an hour and needs to suck in a lot of air!!) and also to help preserve your lipstick and wear your mask in the rain.
Promising review: "These make it so much easier to have a conversation since your mask isn't right on your mouth and you don't sound all muffled. Other benefit I don't have to speak as loudly. I'm not so sure about being cooler with this because it always feels hot when I have my mask on. There are some clips on both ends of these but I'm not sure how they are used. I find they stay in place if my mask is nice and snug, which it should be. Very satisfied with this product." —Duarte Lady
Get a set of five from Amazon for $9.74.
24. And a soft silicone ear-saver and mask-extender that works overtime on problem-solving — not only does it take some of the pressure off your ears, but it helps make a more personalized fit on masks with elastic straps that don't *quite* fit your face, so you don't have to replace them.
People are also using these to prevent their hearing aids or earbuds from falling out and getting lost while they're taking masks on and off. Plus this silicone ear-saver is anti-slip to keep it locked in place, and designed not to get tangled in hair.
Psst — a lot of reviewers mention this worked great for kids' masks, especially since sizing for kids' faces is all over the place and difficult to measure out when you're buying masks online!
Promising review: "A small investment saves a fortune. Taking a mask on and off your ears is difficult, especially if you wear hearing aids. My audiologist recommended these because so many people were coming in for lost hearing aids. Hearing aids are super expensive. Now I don't worry. This is very comfortable. I love this product." —Chicky Boom Boom
Get a four-pack from Amazon for $5.99 (available in eight different color combos).
25. *Plus* a popular streak-free anti-fog spray you can quickly apply to eyeglasses, sunglasses, and face shields to prevent them from fogging up while you're wearing a mask instead of adjusting them every few minutes and hoping for the best.
A heads-up that this works *super* well for some reviewers, but not all — note that this is meant for non antireflective-coated lenses, and the instructions for use are very specific. To apply, spray a small amount on both sides of your lenses, and use your fingers to rub it across the whole area. Let it sit for a full minute, then wipe with a dry soft cloth. Once they're fully dry, you should be raring to go!
Promising review: "I have tried everything to keep my glasses from fogging with my mask and this product is by far the best. I'm sorry I waited so long to purchase it. I live in the Florida Keys and do a lot of diving and snorkeling and it works fabulous for my dive mask also. I would highly recommend Optix 55 Fog Gone. Great price, also I think this bottle will last a very long time." —Bebe
Get it from Amazon for $10.55.
26. A power scrubber brush you can attach to a DRILL (!!) that basically does all of the hard grime-busting for you, so you don't have to have sore arms for a week just because you dared to wipe down the shower.
Promising review: These brush attachments are absolutely FABULOUS! I was looking for ways to clean a 20-year-old shower without having to spend hundreds of dollars to replace it. I saw a homemade version online so I searched and found the Drillbrush. A drill and some cleaner later and the shower looks brand new! So easy and no muscle strain! The toughest part was waiting for the drill battery to recharge so I could continue the transformation from dingy to DANG that looks great! The different sizes get into all angles of the shower. I will never scrub by hand again! Can't wait to try it on other surfaces!!" —Carrie
Get it from Amazon for $14.99 (available in six colors).
27. A set of velvet closet hangers designed to cling ever so slightly to your clothes, both so the clothes stay put more firmly on the hanger and so they flatten a bit to reduce the bulk of some of your clothing (hello, all 10,000 of my oversized flannels) takes up.
I bought about 60 of these six years ago just to streamline the ~aesthetic~ of my closet, and I have now carried them with me through three closets and two big moves and can't imagine using any other kind of hanger. The velvet locks all my shirts and coats in place so I never have to worry about finding them bunched up at the bottom of my closet whenever I jostle them looking for something to wear, and they have been a *godsend* for reducing the space taken up in my closet. I also just love how sleek and organized they make my closet look. A few reviewers mentioned the velvet coming off on their clothes, but I've never had an issue with the beige ones.
Get a set of 30 from Amazon for $16.49 (available in five colors, three sizes of sets, and in shirt, skirt, and suit hangers).
28. A high-ponytail running cap with UPF 50 protection so you can keep the sun and sweat off of your face *and* keep your hair from getting tangled while you work out. This particular design even comes with two openings in the back for a high *or* mid-pony.
Vimhue is an Arizona-based, woman-owned small business that specializes in uniquely engineered running hats.
Promising review: "Love this hat so much! I already ordered another one in a different color for myself and one for a friend! I live in Texas near the gulf and it’s summer — really humid and really hot. I walk three to four miles outside most days and I’d been wishing for a hat that allowed for a high ponytail so I could keep my hair off my neck to not get as hot/sweaty. Decided to Google it and found this and was thrilled! The X straps are easy to adjust and it fits great and is breathable. And it’s super cute!" —mlp06h
29. A Geekey multitool for camping, which looks impressive at first glance, but functions as *deep breath* a coring tip, serrated edge, can opener, wire stripper, smoking pipe, file, imperial and metric ruler, protractor, bottle opener, multi-head fit driver, lanyard hole, bike spoke key, screwdriver tip, wrench, *and* bit driver all at once. Basically, the great outdoors has nothing on you now.
Promising review: "The coolest multitool I’ve seen yet. Received as a gift and have now given this to MANY friends and family, and they are now giving it as gifts. I find I use this daily for small household chores but also on my weekend warrior trips for camping, drinks, etc. DO NOT buy the knockoffs, quality and functionality differ GREATLY." —Kerri
Get it from Amazon for $22.99.
30. A Lay-n-Go cosmetic bag designed so it'll fit a lot easier in a suitcase than a stiffer bag and save you time by basically canceling the concept of packing and unpacking your beauty arsenal whenever you're on the move — you just can cinch the bag closed and go.
Promising review: "I was tired of fumbling around in my cosmetics case and saw this. I was skeptical, but...WOW! On my recent two-week trip to Europe, with constant laying out and packing up, this item was wonderful. I could find what I wanted quickly, right away. Packing up was just a matter of pulling the drawstring. At first I wasn’t sure about changing to this bag, but now I could not do without it." —Mojosharkey
Get it from Amazon for $26.95 (available in 12 colors).