42 Things For Your Bedroom That Look Expensive, But Aren't
Not you taking a zillion Instagrams in your pink velvet swivel chair ✨.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A waterproof, stain-resistant faux marble granite adhesive you can use on an old desk to magic it into a sleeker, brand-new version that'll make you proud to take flatlays on.
2. An eye-catching moon phase garland that'll catch the sunlight streaming in through your window and make the room look like ~magic~.
3. Plus a moon lamp for the ultimate ~chilling at home~ vibes, so you can pretend you're out without actually being out on the town.
UMMMM I bought this because it was on one of Amazon's top selling products pages for so long that I was like "Why are people so obsessed with this moon!!" And now, my friends, I know. First of all, it really does look hyper realistically like a small moon and adds a chill vibe wherever you plant it. But it's also just so soothing to watch and have in the periphery. You can control dozens of different colors for it and either keep it on those colors or have them alternate, fade quickly, or fade gradually. It's super easy to charge and controlled by a remote, so you can move it off its stand and have it light up wherever you want. These days I tend to turn it on for my designed ~me time~ night every week, in which I will light a candle, pour a glass of red wine, read a romance novel, and, of course, light my lil' moon. Definitely one of my favorite "the internet made me do it" purchases.
Get it from Amazon for $22.79+ (available in five sizes).
4. A rainbow prism suncatcher you can easily hang indoors or out to refract sunlight and make a bunch of teensy little rainbows all over the place, like your bedroom is your own little magical realm.
5. A sleek minimalist-inspired candle you'll have to buy on repeat after you start using them up faster than you can sneak them into your moody Instagrams.
6. Plus a rose gold rechargeable electric lighter with a decor-friendly design. This one is not only cute as heck, but completely flameless, and made with a long stem so you can light candles in your bedroom without worrying about open flames or scorching your fingertips.
7. A leaf-shaped trinket dish you can leave on your bedside table to collect all your glittery odds and ends before you go to sleep, like a well-accessorized wood nymph.
8. An incredibly sleek, TikTok-famous rotating digital alarm clock — it may look small and trendy, but it comes complete with two USB ports, plus an input port, PLUS a mirrored screen, so it'll also save plenty of space on your nightstand.
9. A set of off-white sheer curtains to add a bit of sophisticated flair to your windows, but still let the sunlight stream in. Honestly, these are so pretty that Maria von Trapp would 11/10 pull them down and make a bunch of fancy matching outfits out of them.
10. A small but ridiculously chic rechargeable bedside lamp that comes with touch ability, so you can tap-tap-tap your way through different brightness levels and colors to match *truly* any vibe you might have for your room on a given day.
11. A lush double-sided shaggy faux-fur duvet set to really make a statement — the statement being, of course, "I am never leaving my bedroom again, and as this duvet has emotionally replaced all the humans in my heart."
12. A blank acrylic dry erase board you can install by the side of your bed as an easy way to keep track of your schedule for the week, or writing motivational messages to yourself like "Please make sure all the Goldfish crackers end up in your mouth and not all over your bed."
1801 & Co. is a Minnesota-based Etsy shop established in 2016 that specializes in family wall calendars, chore charts, wedding signs, and more.
Promising review: "I love it! I got it so fast after ordering and it’s perfect. I love the sleek design for my small home office space. I can’t function at work without a dry erase board but couldn’t find any that would look nice in my office space which is in the corner of my master bedroom! Having functional office space but not LOOK like office in the bedroom is challenging but this acrylic board is PERFECT. The black pen that comes with it is very nice fine tip and erases without a trace." —Dawn Powell
13. And a pretty pastel mug warmer that'll keep your tea and coffee warm on the bedside table for you while you're taking your sweeeeeet sweet time to emerge from your covers on the weekend.
14. A boba tea light complete with ITTY BITTY BOBA on the inside that actually roll around, because honestly, this is the roommate we all deserve.
15. A bunch of teensy macaron boxes for a delightful upgrade to every corner of your bedroom, whether it's storing pills or trinkets or just staring at them looking all fancy and French on your bedside table.
16. An elegant glass reed diffuser to radiate instant calm in your space, both from the lush scents you can choose from and the diffuser's chic design.
17. A contemporary accent mirror so you can both tie the room together and have plenty of excuses to give your reflection a lil' kiss on your way out of the bedroom each morning.
18. Or a modern mirror display to help open up the space a bit more and let you flex some creativity deciding how you want to arrange it.
19. A set of clear hanging vases that will make your space look truly unique, and also allow you to casually reenact scenes from Beauty & The Beast in the comfort of your own home.
20. A luxe velvet swivel desk chair to add a touch of vintage sophistication to an otherwise modern setup at your bedroom desk. (Also, desk chairs that spin > all desk chairs ever.)
21. A floating hidden bookshelf that'll more than earn its keep — not only is it a fun way to show off and organize your favorite books, but it has an undeniably cool effect that looks like it took a *lot* more effort and money than it actually does.
22. A set of trendy clear tiered organizing cubes to organize all your favorite things in a much more chic, spacious way than a full-on shelf would — not to mention a heck of a lot cheaper than a full-on shelf, too.
23. A set of corduroy pillow covers that'll accent your bed or cozy up your favorite reading chair (which, thanks to these, just became your favorite napping chair).
24. A sweet little round accent rug for your desk area or the foot of your bed that will add a subtle pop of color to the room when you need it most (read: every day of the week).
25. A multilevel jewelry stand that is elegant and understated enough to complement a select few of your baubles, but also sturdy enough to hold the whole collection if you hoard jewelry like it's your job.
26. A set of abstract art digital downloads you can print to meet the exact needs of your bedroom, whether it's two little chic framed prints at the door or big ole statement making ones at the top of your bed.
28. A set of fairy lights that will add so much whimsy to your windows or the back of your bed that the universe will basically demand you Instagram Story them at least thrice a day.
29. A customizable resin coaster set so beautiful that you might low key start to resent your water glass for obscuring their beauty on your bedside table any time you actually use them.
Amelie Hubert Art is a Colorado-based Etsy shop established in 2015 that specializes in spiritually-inspired and resin art.
Promising review: "I am in love with these coasters and I constantly get compliments on them. I can’t wait to order more in another color." —IsabelKatarina
Psst — this item ships for free!
30. A set of satin pillowcases – not only will it look lovely on your bed, but it might actually help your 'do. Fabrics like satin create less friction for your hair, which may spare you those first ten minutes you spend every morning trying to find your face out from under the tangles. Win-win-WIN.
31. A record/magazine/Cool Stuff holder that'll not only help you organize your your books and records, but will give you the opportunity to make your favorite things part of the decor.
Promising review: "I didn’t want anything too bulky on my nightstand but I like to have several books I like to read in bed. I previously had them stacked on top of each other and found this and was afraid it might be cheaply made but it is sturdy and beautiful! I’m such a bookworm and I am in love with this added piece to my room." —Stephy Lynn
Get it from Amazon for $16.99 (available in three colors).
32. A mini retro speaker that can wirelessly connect to your devices, so you can prop it on your nightstand and take calls or play music from it while you lounge in bed. Plus, it can operate on a rechargeable battery, so you can even take it from room to room and keep your playlists movin' and groovin'.
33. A wall decal that will make your bedroom look like it fell out of the pages of a storybook — all of the perks of Rapunzel's castle, sans the eighteen years of knotted hair and casual imprisonment.
34. A pom-pom throw bright enough to add a pop of color to your favorite corner of the room and soft enough to inspire some accidentally-on-purpose weekend naps.
35. A set of gold cable organizers that'll tame the tangle of wires on your bedroom desk or vanity in an oh-so-stylish way. Each of these comes with the adhesive included, so install is easy *and* chic.
36. A mini illuminated relaxation waterfall for your work desk or your bedside table, perfect for calming some of the "AGJAKLFGJAG" in your brain.
Promising review: "Awesome addition to my workspace environment. I've tried several fountains so far. This one is awesome, the pump is quiet, as is the water, it simply provides a really nice environmental impact on my workspace. I run it up to eight hours in a day, use distilled water only and clean it periodically, and it's running just like new after several weeks. Not all of the fountains that I've tried work quite so well, I'm impressed and happy with this purchase. Six-month update: If I could give this thing 6 stars, I would. It runs so quiet, and I nearly let it go dry last weekend *(three-day weekend and forgot to turn it off...) — once I filled it up again it was just as quiet as ever. I'm beyond impressed. Still cleaning it periodically and using only distilled water." —Rod
Get it from Amazon for $29.99.