When Conservative MP Eve Adams crossed the floor in February, Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau welcomed her with open arms.
The thing is, there was already a longtime local Liberal seeking the nomination in Eglinton-Lawrence. Marco Mendicino, a former federal prosecutor, had been campaigning for months before the surprise arrival of Adams.
1. Some reactions were pretty sassy, like the always-on-point InfoAlerteBot.
2. And Conservative MP Michelle Rempel, who went full Emma Stone.
Guess they're not pals anymore.
3. Joe Oliver quickly threw some shade, too, by basically saying Mendicino is doomed.
4. Tory strategist Stephen Taylor went big on the throwback retweets.
5. And then there were those who kept it pretty deadpan.
6. ...some with more Alberta references.
7. Everyone is right!
8. The sarcasm crew kept their game strong.
9. Oh no, please no.
10. Others resorted to interpreting the news through art.
11. Others quite literally interpreted it through art.
13. And, lastly, we're just going to leave this here.
Emma Loop is a politics reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Washington, DC.
Contact Emma Loop at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.