33 Things Only People From Windsor-Essex Will Understand
The real Southwestern Ontario.
1. You were literally born and raised in South (of) Detroit.
2. You know someone who builds Chrysler minivans.
3. And you turn workplaces into possessive pronouns all the time.
4. You use Fahrenheit for warm temperatures and Celcius for cold temperatures.
5. On road trips, you know you're close to home when everything gets flat and windmills start popping up in the fields.
6. You know that Dairy Freez opening in the spring is everything.
7. But you also dread the arrival of fish flies.
8. You've bought cactuses at Colasanti's...and probably let them die a month later.
9. And on your way out, you've picked up one, or two…or 12 of their fresh doughnuts. 👅🍩
10. You've had to convince your cell phone company that those roaming charges were garbage because you never left Canada.
11. You know that sweet kicks are $29 or 2 for $50 at Mr. Alan's, but never actually shopped there.
12. You probably mispronounce French road names.
"Pee-air-ee" and "Oh-let" avenues.
13. And pronounce your A's a little differently, too.
14. You've been hit with that yeasty smell in Walkerville.
15. And you've gotten stuck behind truckloads of sharp-smelling tomatoes in August.
16. You've picked a fresh bouquet of tiger lilies from a ditch.
17. You've gone to Point Pelee in the fall to see the monarch butterflies coat the trees on their way to Mexico.
18. You recognize the joy that is Penalty Box's chicken delight. 😍
19. You've partied all day on Crystal Bay.
20. Your parents took you to Jack Miner's to feed the geese, and it made you think geese were nice.
21. You've seen some crazy thunderstorms roll through from Michigan.
22. You love that Windsor real estate is so cheap.
23. You and your friends ventured down to the end of Texas Road in Amherstburg on Hallowe'en. 👻💀
24. You've had to convince people that Windsor literally has some of the best pizza in the world.
And you will never stop bragging about it.