33 Things Every Woman Learned From Her Mother
1. Bullies never prosper.
2. Your living room is as good a place to dance as any club.
3. Never wait for anyone to do something for you. There's a hammer in the toolbox, and you can replace that light bulb yourself.
4. Cheap shoes are never worth it.
5. Being a good host is an important life skill.
6. It's never classy to kiss and tell.
7. Unless it's to your best friend, in which case go to town.
8. A stinging one-liner and death glare are important tools to have.
9. Mean girls aren't worth your time, not now, not ever.
10. And mean boys probably have tiny *equipment*.
11. Forgiving someone is better than staying angry.
12. You can forgive people, without letting them take advantage of you.
13. Toxic people have no place in your life. Know when to cut your losses.
14. No one's perfect.
15. Women can be just as strong as men.
16. Always take a jacket when you go out.
17. Don't settle down unless it's for the right person.
18. And never settle for less than you're worth.
19. Because you are worth more than your weight in gold.
20. Listen to your instincts.
21. Crying isn't a sign of weakness.
22. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
23. Wash your face before you go to bed.
24. Never go to sleep with wet hair.
25. Mistakes aren't the end of the world.
26. Friends are more important than boys.
27. Your mum can be your friend too.
28. Always trust your gut.
29. No matter what happens, there will always be someone who thinks you're the absolute shit.
30. Your smile is the most beautiful thing in the world.
31. Nothing is truly lost until your mum can't find it.
32. Never underestimate the power of a cup of tea.
33. Or a stiff drink.