1. Because the middle seat isn't so bad when you're watching 3D movies on your face.
How they're able to make it seem like you're watching a 750” screen from 20 meters away, we may never know... but inside sources hint at wizardry.
2. Or if you're flying with someone you know (or trying to make friends in the air), pocket projectors are now a thing.
With DLP Pico Smartphone Projectors, you can actually project videos from your phone on the back of the seat of the person in front of you. (Or all over the plane, if you're feeling like a jerk.)
3. Because bringing your own alien head to rest in has become acceptable in society.
Studio Banana Things describes its Ostrich Pillow (or alien head — whatever) as a "micro environment in which to take a warm and comfortable power nap at ease."
4. Because personal flight is now a legitimate hobby.
Though he's not a superhero (he totally is, but like shhh... secret identity), French pilot Yves Rossy uses a four-engine carbon-Kevlar jetwing to literally fly. Human flight! HUMAN FLIGHT!
5. Because instead of asking if there's Wi-Fi on the plane, your shirt can tell you.
Even up in the air, no one will be able to lie to you about whether there's Wi-Fi or not. Rule the waves no matter where you are in the world... mwahahahahahaha!
6. Because, "Honey, can you move your car? You're blocking my plane" is something you may find yourself saying pretty soon.
7. Because now you can stick solar pads to the window (unless you have an aisle seat... don't be "that guy").
If you're running low on battery for one (or all) of your many devices, just lift up the window shade stick on of these XD Solar panels for instant tech juice!
8. Because the strangest thing your seat-mate can do nowadays is their laundry.
Forget doing their nails or any other menial chore... we're so advanced now that we can actually do our laundry on the go. In a plane. In a bag.
9. Because there are crazy green-light goggles that trick your body out of jet lag.
First of all, anything that lights up green on your face is definitely from the future. Re-Timer invented these spacey specs that adjust your circadian rhythm so that traveling between timezones doesn't mess with your schedule.
10. Because you don't have to stress out about our missing luggage anymore!
The Trakdot website talks about "patented mirco-electronics" and "ground-based cellular telephone technologies," but in layman's terms, this nifty device pretty much tells you when your luggage is close using a GPS, which means you can be getting coffee while all the non-future people stress out about their suitcases.