Proof Dallas-Fort Worth Is The True Entertainment Capital Of Texas
All of Texas rolled up into one. Whether you're between destinations or looking for a new one, make sure you add Dallas-Fort Worth to the list.
2. Dallas' Spillover Festival has all the best acts that come for Austin's music conference — but with way fewer people.
4. Even karaoke in Dallas is bigger and better.
5. Dallas' Granada Theater flipped from movie theater to concert venue years ago, though has lately settled into an amazing concert hall.
7. Besides hosting the Texas Theatre, Dallas' Oak Cliff neighborhood also boasts a burgeoning indie film scene.
8. The Addison Improv is a regular stop for both the best local comedians and touring professional stand-ups.
9. Just a short drive north, Denton, TX is home to a huge nationally-recognized indie-rock and jazz music scene.
Denton owes much of its musical flavor to the University of North Texas, which was reportedly the world's first school to offer a degree in jazz studies.
10. Just a little east of Dallas, you'll find the Mesquite Rodeo, home to professional riders and some of the best rodeo you can see.
12. And Fort Worth wouldn't be the heart of (North) Texas if there weren't some good old-fashioned honky-tonks in town.
Fort Worth's White Elephant Saloon opened in the late 1800s and has welcomed some of country music's most legendary names on its stage ever since.