13 Things That Prove Bigger Is Better In Dallas-Fort Worth
If there's one place where bigger is better, it's Texas — especially in the Metroplex. Travel large to and from the Big D on Emirates' Airbus A380, coming to DFW October 1st.
2. Dallas boasts a newly developed arts district downtown, the largest district of its kind in the nation.
3. All around the Metroplex, giant bowls of queso dip and Texas-sized margaritas flow like water.
4. If you're still hungry after that, you can get a four-meat, four-cheese, jalapeño, bacon, and egg burger in Dallas.
5. Nearby, the 400-foot tall, illuminated Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge is as dazzling as the big Texas sky by night.
7. DFW even does the holidays bigger and better — like this giant indoor Christmas tree filled with thousands of ornaments and lights.
8. Where else could you find pizza so large it needs its own table?
9. When it comes to entertainment, Fort Worth knows big is where it's at — with a capacity of 6,000 people, Billy Bob's is the largest honky-tonk in the world.
10. And Fort Worth's herd of Texas-sized Longhorns is so large they have to walk them through town twice a day!
11. In neighboring Arlington, watching football in a stadium large enough to fit the entire Statue of Liberty and its base is an incredible experience.
12. And the baseball stadium down the road begged the question: What's better than a foot-long hot dog? And they found the answer.
13. And if you need any convincing that bigger truly is better in DFW, just ask the Texas State Fair's mascot, Big Tex.
He might not look it, but this 55-foot-tall hunk is 62 years old.