1. Choose elements that are personal and practical, not just trending on Pinterest.
2. Choose DIY projects that multi-task.
3. Ask your guests for music requests instead of splurging on a DJ.
4. Don't be afraid to book a non-traditional wedding venue.
5. Give cheaper items — such as printed invitations — a personal touch.
6. Buy wholesale flowers and arrange them yourself.
7. And save a few flowers to make any cake fancy.
Opt for food that actually tastes good and doesn't cost a fortune. All you need to do is pick up a few white round cakes from the grocery store and dress it in a few of those flowers you bought for the bouquet. Learn how to effectively place your flowers here or get a few more ideas from 28 Insanely Creative Ways To Decorate A Cake That Are Easy AF.