2. A Very Merry Cricket
“We find Harry Cat and Tucker Mouse feeling down about all the commercial selling in the Big City of New York. People have forgotten the meaning of the holiday, so off they go to Sunnyslope, Connecticut in search of Chester the musical cricket.”
People have forgotten the meaning of Christmas. Which is preternaturally talented insects.
5. Chasing Christmas
“In a world where the holidays are run by the efficient Bureau of Yuletide Affairs, a bitter and burned-out Ghost of Christmas Past decides to go AWOL while on a ‘mission’ and leave his ‘target’ stranded in 1965.”
This “movie” “stars” Tom Arnold.
7. Christmas Is Here Again
“Sophianna, a crippled orphan girl, sets out to find Santa’s toy sack (which is a magical source of toys since it was made from the baby Jesus’ swaddling clothes) which is stolen by Krad who wants revenge after Santa stops handing out Krad’s coal to bad children.”
Starring Jay Leno.
8. The Custom Mary
“The film tells the story of a young Latina in East Los Angeles, who meets an African-American lowrider, and struggles to reconcile her faith and blossoming love affair while becoming dangerously involved in a religious attempt to clone Jesus.”
But who among us has not become dangerously involved in a religious attempt to clone Jesus at one time or another?
9. A Claymation Christmas Celebration
“Two hosting prehistoric dinosaurs guide you along a typical small town’s Christmas choral celebration. There’s just one catch: The entire town population is made out of clay! Special guest stars: The California Raisins!”
Dinosaurs and singing raisins and people made of clay sounds like three catches.
11. The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey
“A bereaved boy and his widowed mother commission a grumpy woodcarver to carve a nativity set and thus form a relationship that enables them all to put their sadness behind them and move on.”
I’d kill to have a remake with Nick Offerman as the grumpy woodcarver savior figure.
14. Rich Little’s Christmas Carol
“It stars Rich Little in a one-man performance with impersonations of his characters playing the parts in Charles Dickens’ famous holiday story.”
To clarify: That’s Rich Little playing famous actors playing characters in A Christmas Carol.
15. Santa Buddies
“Puppy Paws, the only son of Santa Paws, does not want to follow in his father’s footsteps. He then hightails it to Fernfield, Washington to be a normal puppy, just like Budderball (who is on Santa’s naughty list for eating the Thanksgiving turkey). Meanwhile, the icicle that holds the magic of Christmas is melting away due to children’s and puppies’ belief in Santa and Santa Paws dying. It is up to Puppy Paws and the Buddies to rediscover their belief in Christmas and save the holiday.”
Puns on puns on puns.
18. A Different Kind of Christmas
“After the death of his wife, a father starts to act like Santa Claus and turns his house into a year-round wonderland. Unfortunately his daughter is a big-city attorney who has been given the job of making sure her father’s illegal all-year Christmas business is shut down.”
Got 99 problems but an illegal all-year Christmas business ain’t one.
- President Trump signed an anti-abortion executive order that reinstates the so-called global gag rule, barring foreign organizations taking US money from providing abortions.
- The new Trump Hotel in Washington, DC, has lost more than $1 million and is in violation of Donald Trump's lease with the government, say Democratic lawmakers.
- In the first major lawsuit of his presidency, Donald Trump has been sued by top legal scholars over alleged conflicts of interest with his foreign business entanglements.
- The all-day breakfast boom at McDonald's is over as sales once again continued to fall for the fast food giant 🍳 📉