2. CeeLo had not one, not two, but five animals (including a llama named Ollama).
4. Performances were fantastic from the beginning, back in the blind auditions.
Contestant Holly Henry got Blake to turn his chair in literally two seconds. By the end of her song, Christina, CeeLo, and Adam had turned around too.
5. Like, serious talent.
No offense to American Idol or The X Factor.
6. And their musical gifts went beyond vocals.
So many contestants this season knew how to play different instruments and had outstanding performances where they showed off both talents.
10. New rules were added that made things more exciting.
In previous seasons, steals were only used in the Battle Round, but this year, there were also steals in the Knockout Rounds. Will Champlin, for example, was stolen twice — in the Battle Rounds (by Christina) and in the Knockouts (by his original coach Adam) — and went all the way to the finals, finishing in third place.
12. Carson Daly did an excellent job manning both hosting and social media duties.
Sorry, Christina Milian.
17. Artists truly poured their hearts out.
No one can argue that Matthew Schuler’s rendition of “Hallelujah” was anything but overwhelmingly emotional, even though he was eliminated after the top 8 show.
18. The performances dominated iTunes.
After the finale, five of the top 10 iTunes singles were songs from the show.
19. Even the Emmys recognized the superiority of The Voice.
The Voice won the Emmy for Outstanding Reality Program this year, beating The Amazing Race, which has won the award eight times since it was created 10 years ago.
Because who needs to travel around the world when you have a Jamaican-born, part-Chinese-Cherokee-Black-English champion?!
Did I mention Tessanne Chin can do Whitney Houston, Gwen Stefani, Pink, Kelly Clarkson, Celine Dion, and pretty much any other diva justice?
- Hidden from public view, there's a parallel legal universe that empowers corporations to bend countries to their will, an investigation reveals.
- As Hillary Clinton denounced the alt-right in a blistering speech, the movement is more famous than ever.
- The 2016 MTV VMAs are airing at 8 p.m. ET tonight. Here are all the nominees 📺🎵