1. Former Arrested Development star Portia de Rossi is heading to Scandal Season 4, the actress’s rep confirmed to BuzzFeed.
2. De Rossi’s wife, Ellen DeGeneres, was the first to tweet about her “top secret arc” on the ABC drama on Wednesday.
3. The show’s writers also confirmed the news shortly thereafter.
While it’s still unclear what role de Rossi will be stepping into or how many episodes she’ll be in, the possibilities are endless: Perhaps Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington), who we last saw flying out of town with Jake Ballard (Scott Foley), is bringing her in as a fixer to fix her crumbling fixer firm; perhaps she’ll be joining Olivia Pope & Associates in Harrison’s (Columbus Short) place; or perhaps she’s working with Mama Pope (Khandi Alexander), building a tunnel to break her out of the “hole.”
5. Anything is possible in Shondaland, and at least de Rossi already knows how to rock all white!
Portia de Rossi arrives at the 86th annual Academy Awards on Sunday, March 2, 2014, at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center in Los Angeles.
6. Scandal Season 4 will premiere on Thursday, Sept. 25, at 9 p.m. on ABC.
- Charlotte police have released video of Keith Lamont Scott's shooting and photos of a gun they say he had loaded.
- Kim Kardashian said she is voting for Hillary Clinton after being quoted saying she was "on the fence."
- The National Museum of African American History and Culture has officially opened in Washington, DC.