1. For quite some time, there has been a popular How I Met Your Mother theory among fans that the Mother dies before 2030, and Ted has been telling his children these stories to help them remember her.
2. And after the March 3 episode, that theory was all but confirmed, and even those who assumed the worst were devastated.
4. The outcome was first foreshadowed in Season 8, Episode 20, when Ted showed up at the Mother’s door, explaining how they’re going to meet in 45 days, fall in love, get married, and have children.
Because he wanted those extra 45 days with her.
8. And halfway through the episode, we realize there’s nothing left for Ted to say.
12. The two of them take a moment, as tears fill up in their eyes.
13. Now, with just four episodes in the series left, fans are feeling fearful, confused, frustrated, and really, really sad.
18. Grab a yellow umbrella to hide from all the tears pouring down.
19. How I Met Your Mother airs Mondays at 8 p.m. on CBS.
- An armed militant group is urging its members to patrol polling stations on election day, a move the group's leaders say is aimed at preventing voter fraud.
- As a bitter civil war in Yemen shows no signs of stopping, nearly 14 million people are struggling to feed themselves every day.
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- And here's everything you need to know about Apple's Fall Mac Event📱 🍎