1. For quite some time, there has been a popular How I Met Your Mother theory among fans that the Mother dies before 2030, and Ted has been telling his children these stories to help them remember her.
2. And after the March 3 episode, that theory was all but confirmed, and even those who assumed the worst were devastated.
4. The outcome was first foreshadowed in Season 8, Episode 20, when Ted showed up at the Mother’s door, explaining how they’re going to meet in 45 days, fall in love, get married, and have children.
Because he wanted those extra 45 days with her.
8. And halfway through the episode, we realize there’s nothing left for Ted to say.
12. The two of them take a moment, as tears fill up in their eyes.
13. Now, with just four episodes in the series left, fans are feeling fearful, confused, frustrated, and really, really sad.
18. Grab a yellow umbrella to hide from all the tears pouring down.
19. How I Met Your Mother airs Mondays at 8 p.m. on CBS.
- From water jugs and dehydrated food to Faraday cages and unregistered vehicles, liberals are prepping for Donald Trump's presidency.
- Several people are trapped after an avalanche buried an Italian hotel Wednesday night following a succession of earthquakes.
- Federal agencies have put on a fireworks finale for the Obama administration, suing JPMorgan, Oracle, Fiat Chrysler, and Navient.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸