1. Disney Channel announced today it has renewed Girl Meets World for a second season.
Filming for the new season will begin in November.
2. The series, originated by the creator of Boy Meets World, Michael Jacobs, has followed Topanga and Cory Matthews’ daughter Riley (Rowan Blanchard) and her best friend Maya (Sabrina Carpenter) as they navigate their tween years, crushes, academic and life lessons, and riding the subway for the first time.
Girl Meets World has found success in its Friday night slot, ranking No. 1 among kids 2–11, kids 6–11 and tweens 9–14, according to the channel. In a press release, Executive Vice President of Original Programming at Disney Channels Worldwide Adam Bonnett said, “The series swiftly became a favorite of kids and their parents, many of whom grew up with Boy Meets World.“
5. Hopefully, Mr. Feeny (William Daniels) will make another cameo or two!
6. Girl Meets World airs Fridays at 8:30 p.m. on Disney Channel.
- Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill, but it took only 2 days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- A vandal allegedly smashed glass and threw a bible into a Colorado mosque on Sunday morning.
- Prime Minister Theresa May is starting the UK's withdrawal process from the European Union this week. But how will Brexit work?
- And Muslims in Birmingham told BuzzFeed News what it's like in the city that finds itself under the spotlight because of the murderous actions of London attacker Khalid Masood.