1. Don't be afraid to say what everyone else is thinking.
2. Dancing can fix any problem.
3. Try anything once.
4. Like, anything.
Because you might surprise yourself!
5. It's OK to define yourself by your passion.
6. Believe in yourself.
Remember when Dr. Webber said only a few would survive the program? Obviously Cristina was making it through.
7. Know when to put someone else's needs in front of your own.
...Even if it means missing a surgical learning opportunity.
8. And try to put your fears aside when someone else is even more scared.
Even in the darkest of hours, when your best friend might be dying.
9. It's OK to let it out sometimes.
Because if you don't, it's not going to be pretty.
10. Because broken hearts hurt.
11. Strive for brilliance.
12. Keep calm under pressure.
Even when you're trying to save a man from bleeding out with a gun pointed at your head, you know?
13. When you're having a bad day, put things in perspective.
14. Don't be afraid to be racy sometimes.
And DAMN proud. (Rightfully so.)
15. The best parties have tequila.
16. Sometimes you need to let your inner child out.
Even if it has embarrassing results.
17. Recognize when you should put a fight on pause.
Like if your best friend goes to watch a man be executed and can't stop crying.
18. Life can be hard and unfair.
But being honest in necessary moments is more helpful than you might think.
19. Share your experiences.
20. A good hug goes a long way.
21. Be realistic.
Don't try to help when you know you can't, even in dire situations.
22. Be confident in your decisions.
Especially the really hard ones.
23. Good things come to those who wait (and sing).
If your colleague gets an award and you're forgotten about, just sing and wait and your time will surely come.
24. Never answer the phone without lipstick on.
Because you want to look nice if someone calls to offer you a nomination for said big award!
25. Don't let anyone take your eyebrows.
26. Make your own traditions.
27. Everyone needs a good kick in the butt.
Nobody has time for a pity party.
28. Standing over a vent is an excellent stress-reliever.
29. Power through.
What is a sick day?
30. Go after what you want.
Even if that means entering the opposite sex's bathroom.
31. Put yourself out there.
32. Never lie.
Because the truth will come out and the person you lied to will be devastated. Especially if you lied about the person operating on her mentor's husband.
33. Everyone needs encouragement.
Even the strongest in the herd.
34. Tough love is necessary.
You'll be better from it.