1. Remember Meredith Reed (Jennifer Westfeldt)? She's the journalist who tries to expose that the assassination of Omar Hassan (Anil Kapoor), the president of the Islamic Republic of Kamistan (IRK), was ordered by the Russian government.
2. Then, Charles Logan (Gregory Itzin) and President Taylor have a phone conversation about the assassination and how Jack believes the orders to have President Hassan killed came from Mikhail Novakovich (Graham McTavish).
3. Jack takes Charles' right-hand man, Jason Pillar (Reed Diamond), hostage in order to gain entry into the United Nations perimeter.
4. Jack also has Jason stitch up his open wound.
5. Acting IRK President Dalia Hassan (Necar Zadegan) finds out the Russian government ordered the attack on her husband and President Taylor knew and hid it from her.
6. Jack (conveniently) finds an empty utility closet to set up a mini CTU office.
7. Dalia comes face-to-face with Yuri, aka the man who ordered the hit on her husband.
8. Chloe O'Brian (Mary Lynn Rajskub) goes looking for Jack to protect him, but he just ends up choking her until she passes out.
9. Jack threatens to put a bullet in Charles' brain if he doesn't get Yuri to his office immediately.
10. Chloe convinces Jack to call off the assassination on Yuri.
11. Knowing agents are moving in on him and they have orders to "shoot to kill," Jack forces Chloe to shoot him.
12. Charles tells Jason that Jack has a SIM card implicating both of the men in the cover-up, so Jason goes looking for it.
13. But Chloe hid the SIM card in her phone.
14. Jason realizes Chloe is working with Jack, so Jack tries to stall him.*
15. But one-eared Jason is able to stop Chloe before the file can be uploaded to the server.
16. President Taylor watches Jack's "good-bye" video.
17. At the peace treaty signing, President Taylor is unable to put pen to paper.
Even though she has convinced Yuri and Dalia to do so.