4. But what will be knocked off from the fall 2013 runways?
The latest season of shows just ended in New York, London, Milan, and Paris and a number of pieces seemed destined for your nearest Zara or Shoe Mania. Let’s take a closer look.
5. 1. Leg warmers.
Apparently leg-warmers are back in style, because how ELSE are you supposed to wear sandals in the fall? These are easy to manufacture and trendy enough that people will want cheap, “wear for a season, throw away” versions.
These are from 3.1 Phillip Lim.
As seen in the Sacai collection
7. 2. White sneakers.
Who wouldn’t want to walk around in extremely comfortable shoes for once? Especially with dresses? Isn’t that part of why the Isabel Marant shoes were knocked off? We’re slowing eliminating the stiletto.
Pictured here in the A.P.C. collection.
Skechers, take note.
These are from J.W. Anderson.
Keds probably already makes a version of these.
These are Pedro Lourenco.
10. 3. These Chanel boots.
They’re basically just cowboy boots with chains screwed into the front.
11. 4. These Ivan Grundahl sunglasses.
Both round and colored, reflective shades are trending, so combining the two styles only makes sense.
12. 5. The high-heeled “shoe bootie.”
Also referred to as the odious term “shootie,” these are a melding of boots and regular shoes. Are they practical? No. Are they trendy enough to be covetable and knockoff-able? Definitely.
Pictured here in the Jason Wu collection.
By Monique Lhuillier
Given the height of the leather shaft on these Salvatore Ferragamo shoes, they might be more aptly described as “shoe boots.” (Or “shoots”? God forbid.)
15. 6. This Stella McCartney half polo/half lace dress.
This fits into the grunge look that’s becoming popular again without having the kind of ’90s flavor that turns off a lot of fashion editors. Anyway, the idea of a polo dress with a pretty lace skirt could be translated into 50 different styles for stores like Topshop.
16. 7. These Stella McCartney boots.
Everyone is going to want these because not only are they high-fashion, but they’re resistent to ALL inclement weather conditions.
17. 8. This Dolce & Gabbana necklace.
While these jewels are probably real, anyone would settle for the costume jewelry version.
18. 9. Or these Dolce & Gabbana earrings (or tiara).
I would love tiaras to catch on. Bachelorette parties would become so much less embarrassing.
19. 10. This Louis Vuitton purse.
Grab some faux-fur, ball it up and sew on a strap. Done and done!
20. 11. These Miu Miu shoes.
Whatever shoe Miu Miu makes is pretty much destined to be copied.
21. 12. This Balenciaga skirt.
All you’d have to do is add a huge safety pin to your black pencil skirt to DIY this, really.
22. 13. This Celine necklace and bracelet.
It’s the new choker, except not as tight and much more chic. Plus, it’s just a matter of time before their jewelry becomes as popular as their bags.
23. 14. This Celine dress.
Sleeves are the new bows.
24. 15. This Burberry top.
This is another DIY-able piece — just add some washers to a top with contrasting stripes and you’re good to go.
25. 16. This Givenchy sweatshirt.
Because everyone loves a good Disney animal-inspired creation.
26. 17. This Marni backpack.
Again, fashion made easy. Who doesn’t want to carry their purse weight evenly distributed over both shoulders? Plus, this one could have some awesome faux-fur details.
27. 18. These Marni gloves.
Warm gloves are hard to find cheap. The mixture of knit and faux fur will surely get you through the coldest of winter days.
28. 19. This Versace bracelet.
Topshop has got to be all over this.
29. 20. And definitely one of the new Proenza Schouler bags.
Because, well, it’s a Proenza Schouler bag.
31. 21. And please, for the love of LBDs everwhere, someone knockoff these gorgeous Thom Browne tights.
- A second wave of bomb threats sent to Jewish community centers in the evening brought the number of locations threatened on Monday to 29.
- Accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers fessed up to the massive Oscars oops that caused "La La Land" to be named best picture instead of "Moonlight" 🙊
- President Trump accused Barack Obama of organizing recent protests against him and leaking information from the White House to the press.
- Elon Musk announced that his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝