1. Easy Rice Cooker Chicken Teriyaki
2. Watch the entire recipe video here:
Just one more reason to love your slow cooker. Tender juicy Chicken Teriyaki over fluffy rice :D
Teriyaki Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 2 smashed garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp of grated ginger
- 2 Tbsp. of honey
- Cornstarch slurry (2 Tbsp. of water + 1 Tbsp. of cornstarch)
Chicken Marinade Ingredients:
- 2 boneless/skinless chicken thighs, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. of oil
- 1 Tbsp. of soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. of mirin
- 1 Tbsp. of sake
- 1 Tbsp. of honey
- 1/2 Tbsp. of ginger
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 1/4 cup of water
- Chopped scallions and sesame seeds for garnish
Bring teriyaki sauce ingredients to a boil. Stir in cornstarch slurry until the sauce has thickened. Set aside and keep warm.
Marinate the chicken for 20 minutes.
Put the rice and water into the rice cooker. Place the marinated chicken on top of the rice. Cook for 30-45 minutes. Or if your rice cooker has settings, set to the white rice option.
Garnish with chopped scallions and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Note: All rice cookers are different, adjust time accordingly.