Get You Some Porchetta And Make These Tasty Sandwiches In Your Slow Cooker
Your slow cooker will never be the same.
That moment when you pat yourself on the back because you slayed with the slow cooker.
Pulled Porchetta Sandwiches
Here's a video that shows you how it's made:
1 bone-in pork shoulder, 5-6 pounds
2 tablespoons fennel seeds
8 cloves of garlic
4 sprigs rosemary
2 sprigs sage
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 cup of olive oil
1 tablespoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 bay leaves
Crusty rolls for serving, like ciabatta
1. Combine fennel, garlic, rosemary, sage, crushed red pepper, olive oil, salt and pepper in a food processor and blend until a paste forms. (Or, roughly chop the herbs and stir together with the other ingredients in a small bowl).
2. Rub the paste all over the pork shoulder. Marinade for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator, preferably overnight for maximum flavor.
3. Remove pork from refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking so it can come to room temperature.
4. Heat a drizzle of vegetable oil in a large pan over high heat. Brown the pork on all sides.
5. Put the pork shoulder in the slow cooker and cook for 4 1/2 hours on high.
6. Remove pork from slow cooker, allow the pork to rest and cool down slightly before shredding. Discard the bone.
7. Season the meat with salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve on crusty rolls with drippings from the slow cooker.