1. It’s no secret, breakfast can be one of the most creative meals of the day. What about kicking up chicken and waffles to the next level and putting the chicken nugget inside the waffle? Tasty did it, and it’s DIVINE!
2. First, combine 1/3 cup mustard, 1/3 cup maple syrup, and 1/3 cup honey and mix it up for your dipping sauce. Set aside.
3. For your chicken bites, take one chicken breast and cut it into bite-sized pieces. Season the bites of chicken with one tsp of salt, one tsp of pepper, and one tsp of cayenne pepper. Set that aside, as well.
4. Now for the waffle mix combine the wet ingredients in a bowl and prepare to mix with dry ingredients.
5. Then, put those dry ingredients through a sifter.
6. Mix the wet and dry ingredients and hum a little mixing song.
7. Throw your seasoned chicken in the waffle batter you just mixed together.
8. Now you’re ready to throw your batter/chicken on the waffle iron.
9. And damn look at dat result…
10. Eat that up and call it breakfast!
11. Chicken And Waffles Bites
Maple Honey Mustard Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup mustard
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup honey
Mix mustard, maple syrup and honey together in a small bowl, set aside as your dipping sauce.
- 1 chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
Prepare the chicken, season and set aside.
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- pinch of salt
Combine the wet ingredients in a mixing bowl. In another mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Add the wet to the dry and mix until smooth. Add the seasoned chicken to the waffle batter. Make sure the chicken is coated in the batter. Heat your waffle iron on the lowest setting. Spoon a piece of chicken and additional batter into each section. Cook on the lowest setting for approximately 10 minutes.
Serve with maple honey mustard dipping sauce.