1. During a Ku Klux Klan rally that took place in Columbia, South Carolina on Saturday, the klansmen acquired some unsolicited musical accompaniment.
2. A musician playing a tuba followed the klansmen as they marched to the South Carolina Statehouse to protest Gov. Nikki Haley’s removal of the Confederate flag in honor of the victims of the Charleston church shooting.
The cartoonish sound of the tuba, once called by author Peter De Vries “the most intestinal of instruments,” leant a lightness to an otherwise tense and heated situation.
For this, the musician has been hailed as a “tuba hero” by many social media users.
Unfortunately the valiant attempt did not quell the anger of either the Klan or the 2,000 people protesting the Klan for long.
When the KKK members reached the Statehouse, fights broke out and objects were thrown, resulting in five arrests.
- Criticized previously for not forcefully speaking out, Donald Trump condemned anti-Semitism after bomb threats were reported at 11 Jewish centers.
- Milo Yiannopoulos has resigned from Breitbart News after he was accused of defending pedophilia in an old video.
- President Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new national security adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- West Elm pulled the Peggy Couch from its site after years of scathing customer reviews and complaints of buttons popping off 🙈