1. When she proved it's perfectly fine to be a bit awkward and weird.
2. And explained that sometimes in life, no matter how hard you try, some people just won't GET you.
And that's fine.
3. When she told us to use comments from haters to motivate yourself.
🎵 Haters gonna hate 🎵
5. When she reminded everyone that you can be perfectly happy and fulfilled without being in a relationship.
6. But also spoke for every girl who's been dumped.
And reassured us that eventually the person who broke your heart will be insignificant.
7. As well as showing us a sassy AF way to handle a breakup.
8. She reminded us that even the very worst heartbreak is worth it in the end.
9. And showed us it's fine to not have a single clue what you're doing when it comes to dating and relationships.
10. When she summed up why everyone should be a feminist.
11. And demonstrated that it's OK to point out blatant sexism.
Q: How do you feel when people say you only write about boyfriends?
A: You're always gonna have people who say, 'Oh, she only writes about ex boyfriends.'
And frankly, I think that's a very sexist angle to take. No one says that about Ed Sheeran, no one says that about Bruno Mars.
They're all writing songs about their exes, their current girlfriends, their love lives. And no one is raising a red flag there.
12. And it's just as OK to shut those sexist comments down.
13. When she told us what makes friendship truly valuable.
People look at us [me and my friends] and think, 'Wow, they seem really opposite,' but we relate on the things that are important, we relate on our ideals and our morals. Our ideals are music and feminism and writing and film, and things like that. My friendships are the most important things to me right now, because I can trust them.
14. And told us to keep our lives in perspective.
15. Because making mistakes is OK.
16. And we should give ourselves credit and enjoy what we do.
17. When she reminded us that people will ALWAYS have opinions, and that it's best to just keep doing your thing.
18. She told us there aren't any rules when it comes to romance.
19. But one thing she does know is that people who play games are NOT WORTH IT.
20. When she reminded us that no matter what we're going through, it'll make us stronger in the end.
21. And, finally, she taught us to never be defined by our pasts.
Keep moving forward, girl.