We recently asked members of the BuzzFeed Community which movies were actually really problematic. Here are some of the best responses.
1. The premise of Grease being "change everything about yourself for a man."
2. And let's not forget this line.
3. The repeated body-shaming of Natalie in Love Actually.
4. And also this scene, which some people think is cute while others think it's creepy.
5. The transphobia in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.
6. And the transphobia in The Silence of the Lambs.
7. This scene in The Wedding Crashers, where Vince Vaughn's character is forced to have sex by his girlfriend.
8. The garbage, unsupportive boyfriend in The Devil Wears Prada.
9. The racism in Dumbo.
10. Which is never more apparent than when the crows appear.
11. And this racist scene in The Aristocrats, too.
12. The fact that Revenge of the Nerds is packed with both sexual assault and murder.
13. The eating disorder jokes in Miss Congeniality.
14. The depressing message of The Little Mermaid.
15. This scene in Rocky that's just straight-up sexual harassment.
16. As well as this moment in The Devil Wears Prada which plays into the same trope.
17. Not to mention the sexual harassment in The Breakfast Club.
18. The treatment of BDSM in Fifty Shades of Grey.
19. The many layers of fuckery in Overboard.
20. The scene in 16 Candles where a drunk and unconscious woman is offered up to another guy by her boyfriend.
21. Pretty much the entirety of Thoroughly Modern Millie.
22. The scene in Top Gun where Tom Cruise's character follows Kelly McGillis into the ladies' bathroom to "warn" her off another guy.
23. The sword-fight scene in The Mask of Zorro.
24. The concept of Passengers being both creepy and sexist.
25. And, finally, the ferris wheel scene in The Notebook.
Some submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.