1. So it may not actually count as 2014, but Queen Bey ended last year on a pretty spectacular note by dropping her eponymous album on iTunes without any warning or promotion, on 13 December. It blew up the internet and set the pace for 2014.
2. Oh and now she casually swoops in on "Feeling Myself" with the line: "Change the game with that digital drop/ Know where you was when that digital pop/ I stopped the world."
3. But let's rewind to the the time when she performed at the MTV VMAs and everyone was totally overwhelmed by her levels of perfection. Even her dancers.
4. She did stuff like this:
5. And this:
6. Everyone lost their shit.
7. And she was like "HOW DID YOU WAKE UP THIS MORNING" and we were like: "FLAWLESS, BEYONCÉ, FLAWLESS".
8. Then this happened.
9. And we were like BEYONCÉ, PLEASE, WE CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE.
10. Then she pretty much slayed anyone who questioned her feminist credentials by including this in her performance.
11. YES. THAT'S RIGHT BITCHES.
12. And then people legit died as a result of the performance.
15. Then Jay Z and Blue Ivy came on stage to present her with an award, and Blue was all "Good job, mommy" and our hearts LITERALLY melted.
17. Also, let's not forget that she basically owned the whole ceremony by winning FOUR awards. And then posed with them like this.
18. There was also the time when she stopped an entire show just to sing "Happy Birthday" to a fan, because that's just the kind of woman she is.
19. This was also the year of phenomenal Beyoncé red carpet outfits, like this:
20. And also this.
21. This as well.
22. But mainly this.
DEAD. LITERALLY DEAD. RIP ME.