1. In anticipation of Tuesday’s World Cup match, U.S. ambassador to the U.K. Matthew Barzun issued a challenge on Twitter to his counterpart from Belgium. (He also posted a larger version of the letter on Tumblr.)
2. The handwritten note reads:
Dear Ambassador Trouveroy,
Since we are both soccer (football) fans and our two countries’ teams face each other tonight in the World Cup, I thought I would offer up a friendly wager:
If you win I will cook American pancakes for you and your team at the Belgian Embassy.
If, however, Team USA wins then we would enjoy tasty Belgian waffles at the US Embassy.
Best of luck: may the best team win…
… but I believe, I believe that we will win!
- It's Inauguration Day — Donald Trump will be sworn in as the 45th president of the United States of America at 12 p.m. ET 🇺🇸
- One of the nation's top legal groups is seeking a wide array of records from four federal agencies to challenge Trump's potential business conflicts.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- Gingers rejoice! A redhead emoji may be coming your way soon 🙌