6. When Iceland’s singer was revealed to be the Norse God of Thunder.
So the internet drew its own conclusions.
8. When Sweden’s unleashed its smörgåsbord of awesome.
As most viewers were well into their drinking games at this point in the evening, Greece’s performance was one of the highlights of the night.
Inner turmoil? Imminent battle with an evil alternate-universe version of himself? Watch and decide for yourself.
11. Romania’s flamboyant opera dubstep vampire performance. All of it.
- Verizon and unions representing 39,000 workers have reached an agreement that should end the largest U.S. strike in since 2011.
- Twenty-three athletes who competed in the 2012 Olympic Games in London have failed retrospective doping tests, officials say.
- Barack Obama became the first sitting U.S. president to visit the site of the atomic bombing in Hiroshima, Japan. The "memory of August 6, 1945 must never fade."