1. U.S. President Barack Obama doing a flamingo impression while golfing in Martha's Vineyard.
2. Russian President Vladimir Putin tactfully ignoring the sudden appearance of a topless protestor.
3. U.S. Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi receiving instructions from her television overlords.
4. U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry using his head for diplomacy during a trip to Afghanistan.
5. U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron and French President François Hollande rocking out before a joint press conference.
6. Greek politician Nikos Michaloliakos channeling his inner Grumpy Cat as he's taken into police custody.
7. First daughters Malia and Sasha Obama taking photos of themselves while their embarrassing parents kiss during the inaugural parade.
8. Former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi peacefully napping during the speeches portion of the George W. Bush Presidential Center dedication ceremony in Dallas.
9. President Obama and President Putin posing for one of the most awkward photo of two world leaders that the world has ever seen.
10. President Putin apologizing for the awkward photo, but come ON, it wasn't entirely his fault.
11. President Obama checking to see if his personal umbrella attendant can rest his arm during a rather wet news conference.
12. Former U.S. presidential nominee Mitt Romney rocking a truly impressive Hawaiian shirt.
13. U.S. Senator Chuck Schumer paying very close attention to Beyoncé during the presidential inauguration.
14. President Putin and Pope Francis staring each other down at the start of a meeting at the Vatican.
15. President Hollande realizing he's accidentally sat on a thumb tack during a visit to a school in northern France.
16. Former British energy minister Chris Huhne being 100% done with photographers while arriving at court in London.
17. This truly creepy picture of a table troll checking out President Obama.
18. President Putin and Secretary of State Kerry working it in some amazing batik shirts during a meeting in Indonesia.
19. First Lady Michelle Obama rescuing a defenseless child from the Obama family's new dog Sunny.
20. BFFs Kim Jong Un and former NBA star Dennis Rodman watching some basketball in Pyongyang, North Korea.
21. Prime Minister Cameron, Denmark Prime Minister Helle Thorning Schmidt and President Obama taking a VIP selfie during Nelson Mandela's memorial service. As one does.
22. President Putin releasing his inner Bond villain in a Russian submarine (this is clearly the most important photo of the year because obviously.)
Ellie Hall is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Washington, DC. Her secure PGP fingerprint is 6055 A264 DADD AADC 347E 5986 547C C11C DD7D 176A.
Contact Ellie Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.