1. The BBC announced Wednesday that Sherlock will return for a special and another three episodes, to begin filming in 2015.
2. The news was released via Twitter at 2:21 p.m. BST.
In a BBC statement, co-creator, writer, and executive producer of Sherlock Mark Gatiss said: “Series Four! At last ! It’s always special to return to Sherlock but this time it’s even more special as we’re doing… a Special! Not only THAT, we’ll then be shooting three more episodes which will take Sherlock and John Watson into deeper and darker water than ever before. The whole Sherlock team are terrifically excited to return for four new adventures. The Game is on - again!”
10. BBC One’s Twitter account hinted the night before that some sort of announcement was coming.
12. And fans soon made #221back trend worldwide.
- Congress has voted to override President Obama's veto of a bill that'd allow families of 9/11 victims to sue Saudi Arabia.
- A teenager was taken into custody Wednesday after he shot two students and one teacher at an elementary school in South Carolina.
- Jerry Springer says Donald Trump probably wouldn't be on his show because his guests are authentic and tell the truth.