1. Prince William and Kate Middleton dressed up for their first night out without their son, Prince George.
2. The royal couple attended an awards ceremony sponsored by Tusk Trust, a UK-based African wildlife conservation charity. Prince William is the group’s royal patron and he was on hand to award outstanding conservation groups.
The awards… aim to celebrate outstanding achievement in the field of African conservation. From practical field conservation to successful environmental education, the Tusk Conservation Awards recognise the achievements of individuals who are ensuring the future of Africa and bringing the challenges faced by the continent to a global audience,
4. The Duchess of Cambridge glowed in a Jenny Packham dress covered with sequins and crystals and a pair of Jimmy Choo heels.
5. Her hair looked perfect, as always.
6. The couple confirmed that Prince George was at home with his new nanny, Jessie Webb, 71, who looked after William and Harry as boys.
8. “This is actually our first evening out without him,” William said. “So please excuse us if you see us nervously casting cheeky glances at our mobile phones to check all is well back home.”
9. “Like any new parents, our thoughts inevitably turn to the world that our child will inherit,” he continued as he presented the two awards.
“It is unfathomable to imagine a world in which children who have been born in the past couple of months may grow up in a world in which rhinoceros have ceased to live in the wild…
The possibility of extinction is bad enough for one of our children growing up here in the West, who will never experience the magic of seeing a rhino on a new television documentary; or even for my own little George, who Catherine and I very much hope to introduce to east Africa – a place we know and love – in the fullness of time.
But for a child growing up in Africa and whose birth-right and economic inheritance these creatures are, it is nothing more than immoral that he or she may never experience what his parents and grandparents knew and treasured.”
- President Trump has given House Republicans an ultimatum: Pass their health care bill Friday or he will move on to other issues.
- FBI agents posed as filmmakers to talk to armed militia during a standoff in Nevada, then used the footage against two men on trial in federal court.
- The suspect in the London terror attack near Parliament, who was killed by police, has been identified as 52-year-old Khalid Masood.
- Donald Trump had a photo op in a semitruck. The photos were too good not to become a meme — and the internet delivered 🚛👍