1. Captain Harry Wales visited soldiers wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan after honoring America’s fallen soldiers at Arlington National Cemetery.
#Harry arrives at Walter Reed - a military medical centre in Washington DC
4. The British Army captain exchanged handshakes and stories with soldiers receiving physical therapy at the military rehabilitation center.
Belo Capital Bureau
Prince Harry greets wounded soldiers at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda MD today
8. He happily posed for pictures and swapped war stories with his fellow veterans.
Wounded Warrior Wife
Got to meet the handsome Prince Harry at #walterreed today! My #woundedwarrior & I were sooo thrilled!
10. Officials at Walter Reed showed the prince a high-tech treadmill that projects a virtual world on a screen and is used to help patients who have lost limbs with posture, balance and pain.
11. “We’ve got nothing like this back in the U.K.” he said. “You guys as Americans are used to the technology; we are always behind.”
#Harry meets Corey Garmon. Lost his legs in IED explosion in Afghan. His 1st time on treadmill today. In front of PH!
12. He chatted with Staff Sgt. Tim Payne, 30, of Montana, who was injured by an IED in Afghanistan.
Tim Payne — who lost both his legs in Afghanistan last year — tells Prince Harry “it’s all mind over matter”.
13. “We talked about how I got injured and that I like swimming,” Payne said after. “I told him I swim 4,000 meters a day and someday will swim the English Channel. Harry said, ‘That’s a crazy idea.’”
15. “The recurring theme [of this trip] is to help recognise and bring a spotlight on to the work being done to help these outstanding young men and women.”
- Hillary Clinton returned to the public arena in one of her first political appearances since the election, urging Democrats to "keep fighting."
- The White House blocked several media outlets it's been critical of, including BuzzFeed, from a closed-door briefing by Press Secretary Sean Spicer.
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.