2. More than 200 people dressed in period clothes took part in the reenactment…
3. As did many animals.
4. The pope greeted all of the participants and many of the parishioners who attended the lively event.
5. The live nativity is held annually to celebrate the day when the three kings, or Magi, arrived in Bethlehem to pay homage to the baby Jesus.
7. While visiting the “shepherds,” the pope made friends with a lamb…
8. And carried the baby sheep on his shoulders.
10. Here’s a video of the incredibly cute visit.
- The death toll from Italy's earthquake rose to 247 people amid efforts to dig out residents still trapped in rubble.
- Brexit leader Nigel Farage drew parallels between British citizens' vote to leave the European Union and some Americans' support for Trump.
- US Soccer suspended Hope Solo for 6 months after she called Sweden's team "cowards" during the Rio Olympics ❌⚽️