1. After Wednesday’s general audience in St. Peter’s Square, Pope Francis once again took the time to meet with a severely disfigured man.
2. The pope hugged the man and blessed him.
4. Earlier this week, the pope tweeted this poignant message to his more than three million followers:
The Saints were not superhuman. They were people who loved God in their hearts, and who shared this joy with others.
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- An airplane carrying Republican VP candidate Mike Pence skidded off the runway at New York City's LaGuardia airport. No one was injured.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀