1. After Wednesday’s general audience in St. Peter’s Square, Pope Francis once again took the time to meet with a severely disfigured man.
2. The pope hugged the man and blessed him.
4. Earlier this week, the pope tweeted this poignant message to his more than three million followers:
The Saints were not superhuman. They were people who loved God in their hearts, and who shared this joy with others.
- Republican members of Congress face angry town halls flooded with voters opposing the repeal of Obamacare and other parts of the Trump agenda.
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- Several states will keep enforcing bans against transgender discrimination in schools after Trump withdrew guidelines protecting students.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.