1. Pope Francis made friends with a parrot named Amore during his general audience at the Vatican on Wednesday.
6. The moment was particularly poignant as the pope chose the name Francis in honor of St. Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals.
7. Watch pope meet parrot in this video clip — if you listen closely, you can hear the bird saying, “Papa” around the 13-second mark.
- UK chancellor George Osborne says Brexit will impact the economy but Britain faces the challenge from "a position of strength."
- What Brexit can tell us about how the U.S. presidential election is going. Note: it's not the same thing as Trump.
- Thousands flooded New York City's streets to celebrate Pride on Sunday. It was a colorful party of love and acceptance.