1. Pope Francis made friends with a parrot named Amore during his general audience at the Vatican on Wednesday.
6. The moment was particularly poignant as the pope chose the name Francis in honor of St. Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals.
7. Watch pope meet parrot in this video clip — if you listen closely, you can hear the bird saying, “Papa” around the 13-second mark.
- The Women's March on Washington was one of the largest protests in the city's history.
- "SNL" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.