1. Pope Francis made friends with a parrot named Amore during his general audience at the Vatican on Wednesday.
6. The moment was particularly poignant as the pope chose the name Francis in honor of St. Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals.
7. Watch pope meet parrot in this video clip — if you listen closely, you can hear the bird saying, “Papa” around the 13-second mark.
- Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- Senator Ron Wyden will soon introduce legislation requiring warrants before phones can be searched at the US border.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎