1. In a press conference Friday, President Obama gave this answer to a question about the sequester:
3. Star Trek and Star Wars fans everywhere:
6. What exactly did President Obama say wrong? Let’s break it down.
7. Star Trek tells us that a mind-meld (also known as a Vulcan mind-meld) is a “a telepathic link between two individuals, allowing for the exchange of thoughts, thus in essence allowing the participants to become one mind.”
10. So President Obama could be a Star Wars EU fan making a very obscure reference, but given the context of his statement and his remark about using the “Jedi mind-meld” to “force Republicans to do the right thing,” it seems VERY unlikely.
Boehner and Obama use the Force to “connect their minds so closely as to act as a single person.”
12. UPDATE: The White House Twitter account posted a Star Wars-themed tweet which seems to embrace the president’s use of the phrase “Jedi mind-meld.”
We must bring balance to the Force. #Sequester #JediMindMeld http://t.co/lIZlgavhuR— The White House