5. After visiting with middle school students, the First Family visited the Slave House museum on Goree Island off the coast of Senegal, where kidnapped men, women and children were sold into slavery and forced onto ships, never to return to their homes.
The Door of No Return on Goree Island
6. She posted another video of herself meeting the people of Goree Island.
Greeting the people of Goree Island. #FLOTUSinAfrica
- DNC Day 3: President Obama dropped the mic with "Don't boo, vote," and vice presidential nominee Tim Kaine reminded people of their dads 👴
- Prosecutors have dropped remaining charges against Baltimore police officers related to the death of Freddie Gray.
- Twelve states will support Obama's transgender policies in court after other states sued to block the rules.