1. On Friday, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, attended her first public event since the birth of her son Prince George. The new mother looked absolutely flawless, as per usual.
2. Kate was not originally scheduled to attend the event, the kickoff of the three-day Ring O’ Fire marathon in Anglesey, Wales, where she and Prince William have lived since 2010.
The Duchess of Cambridge will attend the Ring Oâ€™ Fire #Anglesey Coastal Ultra Marathon with her husband The Duke of Cambridge today/ Via
3. The announcement came as a surprise to media and locals alike.
Kate’s Anglesey appearance announced with barely two hours notice .. too late for London hacks/snappers to get there/ Via
5. The royal couple will be moving to London in a few weeks, as Prince William’s three-year posting as a RAF search and rescue helicopter pilot comes to an end.
7. Kate’s mother Carole Middleton has been helping the couple care for Prince George since his birth — Will and Kate stayed at the Middleton home for two weeks after their son’s birth. Kate’s father even took their first official pictures.
when Prince William was walking down he heard a child cry. He said i know that sound then he cleans out his ear. Hilarious/ Via
9. Kate looked “absolutely gorgeous” in a polka-dot shirt, black skinny jeans and platform wedges, according to locals attending the event.
Smile for William! As usual she looks very happy and comfortable.
11. William and Kate chatted with the small crowd before the duke rang a bell to officially start the race. The Ring O’ Fire is a 3-day, 135-mile “ultra marathon” around the Angelesy coast.
12. Two local girls presented Kate with a bouquet and a homemade butterfly card for Prince George.
13. The duchess thanked them and said that she would give it to him when she got back home, adding that he “loves bright colors.”
Duchess Kate Blog
Kate said George is getting “huge” and admitted she’s “enjoying every minute of motherhood”./ Via
15. In conclusion, despite having a newborn child, a working husband and an imminent move to London, Kate looked just as amazing as usual.
- Siege at Bangladesh cafe ends with 20 hostages dead, military officials say. Six gunmen were killed and 13 captives were rescued.
- Votes are being counted after Australia went to the polls in an election that could mean big things for marriage equality and the Great Barrier Reef 🇦🇺
- The Obama administration, which has been notoriously secretive about its drone policy, said drone strikes have killed up to 116 civilians.