1. A German documentary about Heath Ledger has revealed the diary that the actor used to help him as he prepared to play The Joker in The Dark Knight.
Reddit user u2aerofan discovered the video online and posted it to the Batman subreddit.
In a 2007 interview with Empire, Heath Ledger described how he prepared to play the iconic character and mentioned a diary that he used in the process:
It’s a combination of reading all the comic books I could that were relevant to the script and then just closing my eyes and meditating on it. I sat around in a hotel room in London for about a month, locked myself away, formed a little diary and experimented with voices — it was important to try to find a somewhat iconic voice and laugh. I ended up landing more in the realm of a psychopath — someone with very little to no conscience towards his acts. He’s just an absolute sociopath, a cold-blooded, mass-murdering clown.
The Joker: You know. I don’t want there to be any hard feelings between us, Harvey. When you and, uh…
Harvey Dent: Rachel!
The Joker: Rachel were being abducted. I was sitting in Gordon’s cage. Now, I didn’t rig those charges.
Harvey Dent: Your men. Your plan.
The Joker: Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I’m a dog chasing cars. I wouldn’t know what to do with one if I caught it! You know, I just… do things.
- Despite Democrats threatening to filibuster, Republicans are confident Neil Gorsuch will be confirmed to the Supreme Court by the end of next week.
- Let the Brexit countdown begin: Prime Minister Theresa May has invoked Article 50. Britain is set to leave the EU by 2019.
- "We are the press who is under attack," says April Ryan, the veteran journalist who was scolded by Sean Spicer during a heated White House briefing.
- The US House of Representatives voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information 💻